Bioshock Collection on Switch

Really, what’s the deal?  I watched over 20 minutes of in game footage for the collection (running on handheld) and it looked fine, but my peers keep telling me if I buy the collection on Switch it’ll look like shit and I’ll be disappointed.  And so far I haven’t found any review available online.  Seriously though as far as ports go  I dealt with far worse.  Can someone here tell me Bioshock Collection is ok or are they gonna troll me further? :iconeyerollplz:
Comments20
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If you have never played Bioshock. PLAY IT!

It will make you rethink FPS games. It's like Metroid Prime, and portals but a dozen times creeper. 

Now graphically they are right about the switch port being crapper, but it's only compared to the PC version, and it's only minor.

And, I doubt most people played it on PC. Considering it was more advertised on consoles more than PC. Heck, Sony even made a DLC deal with the makers of Bioshock. 
And compared to the 360 and PS3. It looks pretty much the same, if not better.

Trust me, I've played it on multiple platforms.

Ah good, thanks! Most certainly ordering physical however. Either way you need a beefy download for extra data, like all 2K and Take 2 property (like Rockstar) games on Switch.

is trash just play the original 
2K's a shit company anyway who don't care about optimisation. They could've just made them digital-only and no one would complain.
Okay here is the thing.

1. Nintendo with the Wii censored many games from Japan. It was the biggest censoring since ever. It is going to be censored.

2. You can literally buy the games dirt cheap for PC or even sup up a PC just to play them. It is like a downgrade in Quality.

3. Their are tons of mods and unofficial add-ons for the game on PC. Why go for less??

I know you might not be too bright or too wealthy and maybe you just want something fun for your Wii but this is not going to be the "Resident Evil 0-4-CV remake saga for the Wii, Switch whatever. It is literally just a port and nothing special.

Maybe the android port ( IDK ) but honestly I have doubts for the Nintendo anything at this point. If you have to play anything on the switch then play something original, and difference. Do not play something just for the sake of it being on the switch.

I would think the same dumb things. "Beyond Good and Evil" for the Gamecube. Oh gee golly I own a Gamecube. It was great and all and is still far playable the the PS2, or X-box version. They made an HD version that is DLC ........ why do I care? You can mod the PC game? Why do I care? Point being is that

Your buying this to kill time when you could be studying, working out, learning how to swim, learning how to drive and getting a CDL, or scoring girls and seeing their "butterfly".

Bioshock series is a waste of time and trust me your better off for not rushing to buy them for whatever device you have right now.

Want the story?

Rich people make a paradise below the sea with drugs.
Drug making girls are made
People fight over drugs.
Racist guy makes his ideal world above the clouds
Features a bunch of music from various recording artists
That Racist guy is you.
You play a DLC with the girl character you saved

That is it....asides for how System Shock and Bioshock are the same game series.

Go and play "Alice the Madness returns" Only dumb thing is the game uses the R-word.

I never said the games themselves were bad. I love Bioshock Infinite. I was talking about 2K the publisher and how it handles releasing their games. If the physical versions require huge patches to play them, then why no just make them digital-only? Better yet, instead of the standard 8GB cartridges, why not pay for the 32GB cartridges? If CD Projekt Red could do that with The Witcher 3 and all its DLC, then why can't 2K? It wouldn't be a huge loss.

As the Dude would say: “Well that’s just your opinion, man.”
If this doesn't have motion controls I'm definitely not gonna buy. 
The Switch has built in gyro so why wouldn’t it? :?
Because motion controls aren't it's main function. Look at Zelda.

What does LoZ have to do with it? :confused:

Because Zelda didn't come with motion controls like Twilight Princess. Thus not being a main function.

BotW uses gyro controls for bow aiming as an option, also for rune abilities, which is extremely useful. :B (In both the Switch and Wii U version.)

Gyro is also used in OoT 3D & MM 3D, best thing they added to both remake ports imo, I never not use it.

Skyward Sword came out after TP and it’s whole gimmick was motion controls, also for the Wii port of TP motion in some way was mandatory.

Anyway this is about a different game being ported to the Switch, a console with gyro/motion control already built in, so I don’t understand why they wouldn’t include motion control for something like aiming as an option. :confused:

Switch games don’t need motion controls to be enjoyable.

No but Bioshock is one of the most immersive games of all time. It would make it more immerse and fun if it controlled like Red Steel. (like the PS3 port of Infinite)

I find motion controls fun but not exactly mandatory. -__-

Bioshock on handheld sounds great but 2k butchered that collection so... yeah idk. It suffers from tons of technical issues in comparison to the original versions.
Hid my previous comment since it had typing bugs and only gave me a few minutes to edit.

Anyway I wasn’t fully aware of the tech hiccups so I’m hoping those who bought the collection prior simply didn’t notice.

Unfortunately they are quite noticable. Thankfully the steam version offers you the originals alongside the remastered versions so you arent forced to install the new versions.