What if Rick Sanchez was a Mortal Kombat dlc character ?

Heads up this is intentionally frivolous and I’m aware of ‘Rick and Marty’s ‘ popularity even if I don’t watch the show:

I could sooner imagine the character model being based on someone’s excellent cosplay rather than the original Dan Harmon based cartoony look and I can see his inclusion ‘making more sense’ than ‘Ultra instinct Shaggy’ particularly if you cross the moves of Dr. Bosconovitch from the ‘Tekken’ games w/say Bo Rai’Cho’s move set.

I could imagine how the current time travel and different universes in ‘11’ could make for a good way since we don’t know how the reception of the show would be like by the time a hypothetical 12th one arrives on a PS5 and what plot might be*.

* my personal guess is that it will cross elements of the old ‘Shaolin monks’ game, Kung Lao’s arcade ending and the games where Onaga was more involved
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Aside from being completely lame as a choice, characters have to kind of figure into the violence of the game. What the hell would this guy's brutality and fatality moves be?
Cut them into pieces with a laser, teleport them into space where they blow up, disintegrate them with an alien gun, turn gigantic and stomp on them. It could be anything. He'd be too op for Mortal Kombat.

Cetrion already turns giant and stamps on people as part of her finisher.

Bring in an alien to eat the opponent, maybe?

As in eat them whole? Sounds weak.

So, I've just started Devianart and I was wondering if any of you could check out my gallery. I mostly draw in an anime art style and draw characters and real people alike. Here is the link to my page: www.deviantart.com/uwumoeo-ouw… I will really appreciate if you added some of my art to favorites or started watching me too.
Stop spamming this across the forums.
You know who should be a mortal kombat dlc character? Beavis/Butthead. You know...... just to really screw with people's expectations.

..and if they were still to maintain ppl’s expectations as to the kind of characters who ‘fit the MK theme’, I’d suggest DC’s ‘Lobo of Czarnia’

To be fair, guest characters don't have to fit the MK theme. I mean for heaven's sake, Bayonetta is in smash bros

Yes... in Smash Bros.... which is not Mortal Kombat. MK doesn't have the same variety showcase model SB has, characters have to make sense within the context of the game's style and themes.

If thats the case then how come in mk x and mk 11, johnny cage can brutally murder his own daughter outside of story modes even though johnny cage isnt monstrous enough to do such a thing?

That doesn't relate to the roster at all. It also doesn't contradict my points. I never said anything about violence in relation to another character but violence full stop.

For example Joker works as an MK11 addition because the character is violent and sadistic. He's actually rather perfect for the series given his character's history.

MK's business isn't about creating this super mixed bag of variety, that's SB's thing.

Theres....one tiny problem with what you said with the joker. The joker despite his psychotic attitude is all about cunning and calculation.

He comes up with these super elaborate plans and his intellect is what makes him a worthy foe for the dark knight. So having him be able to physically overpower skilled combatants like lui kang or kotal kahn makes no sense whatsoever. If this was bane or ras al ghul itd make perfect sense, but the joker is not about physical threat.

View all replies