Unpopular video games opinions?

Not everyone likes the same games or the same mechanics! You guys should tell me your unpopular video game opinions! No matter how petty or deep they are :D
Comments83
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Far cry 4 did not kill the series and was still good far cry. And far cry 5 was gaming changing for the far cry series.
Not exactly unpopular, but I suppose it's an "unethical" thought I have. I sometimes think to myself "yeah man, I'm superior" because I play harshly serious games like DCS World or other flight simulators.
It's a stimulating thought
It should not be that hard to put a gay character in a game...

Alec Holowka was everything his victims said he was... A Psychotic Crazy Man Bitch who abused women???
DayZ has a ridiculous amount of realistic and unrealistic moments in games such as sitting in rain for two minutes to suddenly dying because your base character cant handle being a little damp...
Barely any buildings and some are there just not accessible.
Players roleplay to much, so I'd rather it be said to be a roleplay than a survival. The players are annoying and they will keep you alive for hours or so stupid things so the best thing to do is get out and look for a new lobby. But sometimes it won't work.
And pretty sure the devs took the money and split .

Fnaf isn't that bad especially if a game has you make theories.

Dreams isn't good. It's boring and people tend to make memes but in 3d. Not impressed.

Persona 5 is flat out annoying to me. No one is interesting, the story is slower than hell, and the battle mechanics aren't the best and the little cat is annoying.

Minecraft Dungeons is meh. It was beatable in one day with all the levels. It didn't need to be that expensive maybe 10 bucks not 20 plus 10 for skins.

World of Warcraft-So annoying and people tend to ruin the fun. A bunch of trolls and it gets pretty boring after a while.

Final fantasy isn't that good. I'm not a fan of animated games that look like anime. They are just boring to me.
all games are animated

I meant in the "anime" looking form.

Lucky Chloe from Tekken 7 isn't that bad of a character. If anything, her ending and Eddy's ending are hilarious! I think the people that actively hate her are just overhating her.
I think it has something to do with her interactions with Eddy Gordo, his storyline is one of the best in the game, so fans don't really enjoy when a character shows up to pretty much screw with him.
To be fair, almost every single ending in that game kinda sucks, so I gonna say that this might be more a problem with the game instead of the character really.
Oh no, everyone hated that character the MOMENT her trailer dropped. Had nothing to do with Eddy. :lol:

Agreed. I mean, I hate how they made Josie Rizal a joke. I hope they revamp her if they bring her back for Tekken 8.

Uncharted is a slow anti platformer experience with an annoying character
GTA has bad controls and boring  after 15 minutes and 
Most AAA games are not immersive
Galaxy is kind of tedious
Metroid the other M is cool I don't even play Metroid
Sonic Adventure is good
The Witcher franchise I could not get into
Most Indie games are bad because they want to be artistic 
Hack and Slash games are tedious
Remakes are GREAT and they should exist shut the fuck up
I don't care for Pokemon
Killzone Shadowfall and Knack where great
I can't get into most PS4 games
AC is kind of cool but doesn't impress me after black flag.
Mass Effect fanboys are the worst
I like David Cage
I love to obsess about video game tech and visuals and if that offends you good
60 fps and 1080p are mostly a buzzword
It doesn't matter what console you play on as long as the port is good
DMC reboot was great
Fuck FNAF haters.
I thought the gameplay and atmosphere for Other M were really fucking good.

It was just the Godawful story and writing that ruined it. Couldn't even skip the fucking cutscenes, if I recall.

On account of I was a never huge Metroid person it was a great experience. Sure the cutscenes can be much but I am also a MGS person so I guess it helps.

Ironically it was the only time gamers got mad about sexism in games. Because they had to face it first hand in a simulation.

Dark souls 2 is pretty underrated. I've been playing it, and I've actually been enjoying it. Granted it's the first soulborne game I've actually played, but still I think it doesn't really deserve it's bad reputation. I've actually haven't been playing it recently but that's only because of how ludicrously hard the game is. I mean it's still dark souls so. 
Here are my unpopular opinions and I cannot wait for WW3 in the replies...

1. Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts is actually a very good game not as good as BK & BT but it is not a bad game and it is way too overhated.

2. Sega really needs to bring back their old franchises and just end the Sonic franchise already...

3. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask are the most overrated video games in the history of gaming and they do not deserve the attention they get.

4. The Mario series is stale and repetitive and not as good as it use to be.

5. I don't want remakes of the Pokemon Gen 4 games.

6. Fire Emblem is a boring franchise.

7. Team Fortress 2 isn't that good of an online shooter, because they are others that are way better.

8. Super Mario 64 is the most overrated Mario game ever and it hasn't aged all that well. Sunshine, Galaxy & Odyssey will always be better.

9. Undertale is trash

10. I really hate mega evolutions in Pokemon, most of them are OP and unbalanced and some of them didn't need mega's because they are fine the way they are in competitive. 
I absolutely agree that Undertale wasn't even that good.
Nono the idea of the thread is that you post opinions you actually HAVE. Not one's that are contrarian.
Number 2 "Sega really needs to bring back their old franchises and ..." No, please no. Imagine Shinobi Boom & Shining force '06, let them lease the franchises, they wrecked them on their own. Number 5 "I don't want ..." Nintendo: "Too bad, next thing you'll be expecting waluigi in smash instead of a fire emblem character."
Roblox is not as dumb or as bad of a game as people make it out to be. There are some utterly fantastic games that I have found while looking and searching. In fact, there are so many more games on the platform than what simply meets the eye. It is also amazing for people who want to start learning how to make simple games because of how the platform even has a tool to program and create games! As for the cringy children that play the game, they can be avoided or blocked. There are some really obnoxious Youtubers and people who play the game, but certain games and communities are really cool! I found this super creepy game in the platform called "Dead Silence" and "Roses" which both challenge what is typically put on the site.  
Simulation games are great.
why should I shoot big bads, when I can have Alien invansions from Mars in my city, endless days in amusement parks, or even create and kill life?
IX is probably the best game in the Final Fantasy series but the one I cherish the most are XIII and XV, not VI or VII.

Whatever the future holds, I won't care because I got my Final Fantasies and no matter what XVI or XVII are like, they can't takeaway my experience unlike those who love the older games but saw the HD ones as cancer. I had my share, now we leave it to future fans.
Heck yeah, FF IX is just the best amongst the Final Fantasy games :love: I really enjoyed VII, too though but more I enjoyed FF IV and XV.

And even if XVI will be released in 2060 it's gonna be great! :la:
FF9 is so freaking good. :la: