Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

For those who have quit or atleast have gotten bored from gaming a while

:iconfusernien:
Fusernien Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
What was your first game that you started with?Donkey long country
What was your swan song?Earthbound, 2009
And if you did get back into it ,what was the very first thing you turned to? Super Mario 3d land
Current status with your hobby?I would say it's on hold based on my work and certain circumstances at home

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconeapingeagle:
EapingEagle Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Student General Artist
The very first game I played was Super Mario World on the Nintendo SP. 

I didn't lose interest in gaming at all in my Middle School - High School years, but I started losing time to play games as I went to college and don't have any game system to play.

So pretty much I rarely play games now, but sometimes I play them unless I want a game that I really want to play and finish it in one or two weeks
:iconmasked-guy:
Masked-Guy Featured By Owner 3 days ago
What was your first game that you started with?
Mario Bros. NES box, 30 something years old.
What was your swan song?
I dont actually remember. Warlords of Draenor? I stopped "hobby gaming" earlier since all games felt the same. Add dlc locks etc.. and it made basically say fuck this. Skyrim also made me hate open world since every game after 2011 was "big open world, many useless missions"... eh. I'm gonna accept the overwork request..
And if you did get back into it ,what was the very first thing you turned to?
I think Dark Souls got me back to play more or less on/off instead of just watching bullshit on youtube. It came in the right time when games were becoming quick time movies (not that old apple thing) and some even partly played for you, like 70% auto aim zone? Reeally?? Also i wanted to see if people just suck playing the game (DS) instead of game being hard. Series is tough but people do suck. "Journalists" even more than the common Bob in his gaming chair/sofa.
Current status with your hobby?
I'd say gaming is less of a hobby and more like time-sink. I do mod bethesda games (mainly obli and skyrim) but that doesnt help changing the fact that both games are kinda bland.

Tl;dr: I play games when i feel like it. So basically on/off gaming. I have 500 hours clocked in cities skylines but thats total since it was released so not many hours per day or even week.
:icondabair:
DaBair Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
My video game history has been all over the place. My family got a PS1 when I was seven, but we didn't get a PS2 until I was 14. I missed out on a lot of early PS2 games. I also never got a PS3, so I missed it completely, and I was still playing my old PS2 and even PS1 games until a few years ago. My family got me a PS4 in 2017, but it's been kinda on and off in terms of playing. Most of my regular PS4 games are remakes of PS1 games.

As my house was a PlayStation house, my Nintendo systems were all handheld systems. My first Nintendo system was the GBC (I was too young for the original GB), and I had Pokemon Red. Pokemon has been the mainstay of my gaming life for over 20 years. I got a GBA when I was nine, but I went back to the GBC after I discovered my sister's copy of Pokemon Gold and got the GBC Hamtaro game. Later I went back to the GBA when I got Pokemon Sapphire. I didn't get a Nintendo DS until 2008, so I was playing GBA games until well into high school. I was still playing Pokemon Sapphire and LeafGreen until 2009 when I finally got a used copy of Pokemon Pearl (I started a new game). I later got Platinum, then Black, and then Black 2. I went back to Gen 4 in 2013 when I got a used copy of SoulSilver (I also started a new game). In 2013 I got a 3DS, and during my time with it I got Pokemon Y, Alpha Sapphire, Moon, and Ultra Moon. Finally, I got a Nintendo Switch Lite last year and I'm currently on Pokemon Shield. I also had plenty of non-Pokemon games for all the systems I had.

I used to have a lot of PC games when I was a kid (mostly the edutainment kind), but I haven't played a PC game in over a decade. My current computer doesn't have any.

I used to play video games a lot, but as I got older I started spending more time on the computer and less time on video games. This went along with me gaining more time to use the computer as I grew up. Once I graduated high school I was able to be on the computer for pretty much the whole day.
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner 4 days ago   General Artist
for me, returning to the gaming fun was with Destiny.  a friendly little first person shooter, not the second one, but the first Destiny. 
Fusernien Featured By Owner 3 days ago
Heard good things about Destiny in the past,does it play anything like halo?
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner 3 days ago   General Artist
I thought it did, however it can seem a bit boring after awhile because all you're literally doing is running around and shooting and it can get easier as you get higher up in levels. Destiny is good about switching up the AI some, but still become predictable and needing a break. even with Call of Duty you have a break option and can play more with online actual people instead of AI. granted person to person battles in either Destiny, if you don't have the weapons respawn screen will be something you will know well.
:iconoperaghost:
operaghost Featured By Owner May 29, 2020  Professional
What was your swan song?

All those woke games that forgot that games are meant to be fun and no one outside US cares about their inner politics ...  Bioware and EA managed to kill  gaming passion very well. And current news on Last of Us is like, "I guess I did grow out of gaming once and for all".

I still play old things that are free from all the agendas and offer simple entertainment.
Fusernien Featured By Owner 5 days ago
So would you say that your cut off date came around the 7th or 8th gen ? Granted ofcourse there were still good games 7th generation ,even if you just stayed with the base game that developers seem so intentioned to cut out some stuff for further profit.
:iconoperaghost:
operaghost Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Professional
I do not want to say that I  hate serious topics, but for me the issue is in execution. It all feels shoehorned in, fake and artificial - often generating silly plotholes or  lacking any coherent plot altogether.   My latest 'favorite' games have tags 2015 on them.  Thats like 5 years without 'wooooah' moment. I sometimes think it really has to be problem in me. I have high hopes on cyberpunk game and hope it is something that truly brings me back to old days alike fun and enthusiasm. But we'll see.
Fusernien Featured By Owner 4 days ago
It's been years since i've actually paid any attention to stuff like E3 but yeah those 5 years do seem rather unimpressive... You'd have to try pretty damn hard intentionally to bring in the wow factor back
:iconbelieveinya:
believeinya Featured By Owner May 29, 2020
Mostly got turned off by SteamWorks. Still dont get why people tolerate SteamWorks.

First game - Civilization
Swan song - my ... WHAT ?!?!?
Get back - Replay old games
Current status - Dunno
Fusernien Featured By Owner 5 days ago
So you didn't have a last game before deciding taking a break a lil?
:iconbelieveinya:
believeinya Featured By Owner 4 days ago
Dont remember, was a long time ago.
:iconblackbook668:
blackbook668 Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
If you're talking games full stop, it's probably Tetris on Game Boy Color. Not my own but one my dad had which I borrowed from him and eventually got. I'm pretty sure it predates my playing Pokémon Yellow.
If you're talking a non-handheld that's slightly more difficult to guess at. A good candidate would be 102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue though I don't believe it to be my first game. Played that on PC around 2000.
If you're talking console game, that's even tougher because you have several criteria. I played fighting games once while around at a friends but I'm pretty sure I played console before that. One of my earliest console memories is of playing Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory at one of those try yourself console booths in a Curry's I think and being really really impressed with it.

Swan song question I don't quite understand.

Currently I'm enjoying Uncharted 4. Pretty good game so far. So far I'm on a pretty good roll right about now, having a lot of fun.
Perhaps swan song wasn't the the right term despite how i've seen it used several times on the Gamespot forums... I meant more like, when your interest has been waning what was the last title you've decided to end on a high note before quitting for a while?
:icongametrek:
GameTrek Featured By Owner Edited May 22, 2020  Professional General Artist
What was your first game that you started with?
I could say Ms. Pac-Man but it was Duck Hunt + SMB because
my cousin and I was playing it a lot. Then the commercials for the SNES.

What was your swan song? Have no idea what "swan song means" but DKC series 1-3 all had the best music unlike any other. In fact all Rareware and Sqauresoft games had the best music by far.

And if you did get back into it ,what was the very first thing you turned to? Well honestly at a point I enjoy Comic Adventure type stuff and honest have been checking out story based games like "Metroid" and "punch-out". Things on my "must finish list". Even Ninja Gaiden 1-3 NES or thnings I missed out on or fan-made to Home-made b-games, even H-games and Adult esque stuff.

Current status with your hobby?

Videogames are not my hobby. My hobby is growing plants. Videogames at most are more or less and for which shaped and mold the direction of the career choices I have made with my life. It is much beyond that like take film making, writing, storyboarding, programming. More or less.

I would study what I study if I was not into videogames. If I was into cooking I would master being a chef. If I was into a sport I would be playing something towards that. If I was into music I would be making music.

Honest to gosh the way I see videogames it is one of many appendix not to rule my life but I have to deal with. Honest to gosh I am beyond videogames but I do come back to it from time to time but so little time.

My first love is the pencil and paint brush to be honest.
I honestly hate videogames and the only reason I ever played them or care was because of my cousin who has since passed away.

That being said the same way I feel about photography. I only go into it because of people not because I love it.

I love drawing, and illustrating and making up ideas and "concepts" for series and things like that.

It is like what one of the people on FF7 project said "without the manga video-games would cease to exist"

In fact here is some inspiration

m.youtube.com/watch?v=L2WMLUR8…

In fact it is like the intro of the game above. Your either the guy enjoying a hotdog or the guy coming up and acting on ideas. Within the same time he ate that hotdog the other guy came up with a bunch of ideas.
I really want to dig into that game. I brought via my SEGA Saturn obsession days.

In fact just from watching this intro I want to play football AKA Soccer.

Even take the "Convenient Store" SEGA SATURN I love the idea of being creative in ways that is far from normal.
That is what I love about the Saturn games ( at the time).

I love the dynamic 3d we have nowadays. I mean the colors and resolution is an orgasmic joy, Especially on a Giant display. It is almost like the wow of sex in itself.

But that being said the bright colors, individual ideas to act upon where "We can not fail" mentality is also great.
well by swan song it's kind of how some use it in losely by what they mean to be last thing they stopped with in sense of the interest
Add a Comment: