Thoughts regarding Fire Emblem: Three Houses?

The Harry Potter inspiration seems to spice things up, and the overall content seems promising. However, the female Byleth's outfit seems a bit awkward to me. If she gets poked in the exposed area, that would suck.
Comments26
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The game looks, and sounds like It's going to be awesome, the only thing I really don't like, is everyone is wearing school uniforms. The school uniforms ruin the originality of a character's design. Yes I understand that's the point of a school uniform, but such a thing only hurts a game like Fire Emblem, which is reknown for its huge cast of characters, each with unique clothing designs.

Furthermore FE is a tactic/RPG, so being able to easily distinguish one char from another on the battlefield is very important. Yea char heads are blownup above the char sprites, but It's a much smaller detail then having characters wearing unique clothing, and as a rule of thumb, char heads are more similar to others ingeneral, then giving characters completely different outfits.
I think unique outfits will be exclusive to non-student characters at this point.
Yea sigh, sadly that seems to be the case.
Looks good so far. The whole military academy looks cool with the main character being the teacher.

I find fem Byleth's outfit ridiculous because it just exposes her navel. It would've been less weird if it exposed her midriff.
Let's hope the teachers keep the students safe.

Say, wouldn't it further violate the school dress code if her clothes were even more revealing? I think it would've been more ethical if the outfit exposed nothing.
Yeah, just point out how stupid the outfit looks. The garish tights bother me as well. I was wondering why it isn't mostly identical to male Byelth's outfit.
Just be thankful that everyone else's outfits look normal.
Yeah. I just don't want butt windows that the female horse-riding classes had in Fates...
It looks pretty good so far.

I think I'll probably get it once I get a Nintendo Switch.
I might get it too if it ends up great.
Not many military-themed stories actually depict the training process or make it an intimate process beyond "oh yeah, we had a military-academy." 

You're also put into the role of the teacher there too. This isn't a new concept by any means - but it's an underutilised one for sure. 

Making you into the professor means you're more than just their tactician. 
It doesn't appear to capture the spirit of fire emblem for me. The series was getting weeb enough without the inclusion the magic Highschool drama cliches. I'm probably judging too much from a trailer. 
High school drama? Don't count on it.
I like the music of FE but honestly it looks kind of cliché.
Unless there will be surprises.
The premise of teaching these guys how to fight is interesting, but I wonder how they're going to justify death of your students story-wise. As in, there shouldn't be anyone dying in practice sparring matches, which is what the first act of the story seems to entail. I'm sure they'll come up with a full-blown war-plot involving killing a corrupted dragon at the end, but for now the trailer only really shows Little Emblem Academia. 

All-in-all, Fire Emblem games are always interesting, I've never really played a bad one (in hindsight Radiant Dawn wasn't the best balance-wise, but I still enjoyed it for the gameplay). I'm glad to see they're innovating in the sense of having open world areas and a teaching system that allows you to tweak the stats and classes more to your liking. It feels like Echoes was a test-run for both of these things, and it worked out well there.
Well, I don't think permadeath will be required for the game, considering the post-Awakening games.

I agree.
I think it looks pretty good. Hopefully they'll bring back the marriage/children mechanic from Awakening/fates
I doubt marriages will return since teachers cannot marry students. But there's always an alternative.
Looks promising! More excited than I was during the initial reveal. I've always come to this series for characters, and a school is the perfect bonding ground for them. Plus the strategy may be more prominent since you literally are teaching people. 
What we've seen so far looks pretty good, imo. I'm glad the "choose a side" doesn't look like it's splitting things up into three separate games (at least atm :pray: ), and the school setting being a framing device for the missions looks interesting.

Agreed on female Byleth's outfit, though... But at the same time, it's still at least less ridiculous than some outfits I could name... <_<  >_>