I don't want to see Blizzard die....

I know I'll sound like a dirty fanboy but Blizzard is my favorite game studio since Warcraft 2 : Tides of Darkness. For 15-20 years, I still enjoy theirs games despite the fact they rest on theirs laurels since years.

But with Diablo Immortal disaster, I'm really scared for Blizzard future....
I just don't want to see it falling apart because I don't know where I can't find the same kind of game.

Like Warcraft, with a great art direction, where I can play orc, tauren, pandaren,etc. beating the crap out of good-looking humans/elves and don't feel I'm a badguy.
Like Overwatch, a Pixar-ish super-heroes cartoon game, with still an incredible potential...
Like Starcraft, a superb RTS game with great campaigns modes and gameplay style.
Etc...

Honestly, I feel sad watching It's now popular to bash this studio but It mades bad choices. Even me, I still can't believe what happened at Blizzcon 2018....

I just don't want to see Blizzard die....
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The last Blizzard game I played for any length of time was Warcraft II.
I tried using Blizzard, but it was too big and slow for my computer to install. Bad computer.
Personally, I used to be a strong fan in the past, mainly to their amazing three classic tittles: warcraft 2-3, diablo 1-2-2x, and starcraft 1+BD. After that, they sort of changed a lot in my eyes.
I never got to play WoW, but reckon they had some nice stories, especially the WotLK :D
Personally, I've always wanted to play World of Warcraft. I wish I had the bandwidth for it. In all honesty, next to Elder Scrolls Online, it's the only MMORPG I am interested in. I am actually kind of insulted by Phantasy Star Online and Final Fantasy XIV only having humans as playable races, yet having the nerve tub pass off several different humans as different races. They say Final Fantasy XIV is going to have a 7th Reyes in the next expansion, but according to the rumors, it's just going to be another human race.
That's quite a problem I have with most of fantasy games. Why have I to play good-loking human-ish races (humans, elfs,etc..) whereas I'm in a fantasy world, where everything is possible like playing a big, ugly monster? It annoys me as hell.
Blizzard has been dead to me since Mists of Pandaria. I still play Blizzard games every once in a while, mostly Overwatch whenever there's a good event and Diablo 1 or 2 when I'm bored (Diablo 3 was a bit of a let down compared to the older ones), but after 7 years of WoW, with Cataclysm being mediocre and Pandaria feeling like a betrayal I just can't support them anymore.
Well, Mists of Pandaria is my favorite WoW expansion. :p
The Blizzard that you did know died already, it's only a trademark for Activision now, most of the people who made Blizzard being what it was till 2-3 years ago aren't on the company anymore and the ones who replaced them are full "Activision mind" alike. 

Hours ago they reported that 2018 was a profit year, yet they will fire 800 people literally saying they aren't needed anymore. They say they need to reduce costs, yets pays 15M USD to a single CFO. 

They will need to change tons of things to recover people trust.
One bad game won't ruin them, they're too big for that, but one bad *cough*Activision*cough* boss could. 
Actually, it even that'd be hard. Remember that EA is still around, despite it being consistently thought of as the worst publisher in gaming for the better part of the 2000s and 2010s.
As such I doubt one puny Diablo Immortal can topple the 3-billion dollar behemoth that is Blizzard/Activision.

And if not, I stand by the words of the wise man Ivan Drago: "If it dies, it dies."
One single game? Diablo Immortal just made things worse for them, but Activision-Blizzard is having problems with most of their IPs for around 2 years. To have a idea, last year only Overwatch had a positive year overall, all other games had serious issues due the mindset of the devs being too toward to "low effort with high profit" and completely ignoring the players community.

But ofc the company will not die, as you said EA was in a way worse situation and still there. The only way for Blizzard really dies would be the Activision side dying first, but they are holding well with the Crash and Spyro remakes. Being honest, the Activision side of the company, even with the CoD branch being horrible, is surprisingly respecting more the gaming market and their costumers than the Blizzard side lately lol
Well, I didnt want to see Bioware to die either, but they did, at least effectively. They are now owned by EA and ruled by greedy shareholders. What made Bioware great is long gone, what remains is only a happy memory and a sad shell of their former self.

Blizzard has been ruled by greedy shareholders for a long time now. Thats why they never really kept developing WoW anymore and thats why they never cared to make new great games either. Ever since they just existed to maximize revenue.
-inhales- activision and EA were deemed the 2 most anti-consumer corporations to date.Considering the amount of money they made by literally just conning and destroying the gaming industry with greed ,some form of downfall is going to be inevitable I played Overwatch but have had numerous occassions where players have actively pointed out that the game is NOT FUN anymore.And this includes the people I even played with on occasion. Microtransactions  are everywhere,lootboxes being the most controversial means because no surprise to anyone they are deemed to be an equivilant of a slot machine implemented into a game format that is also sold to children because what better way to earn money than to get children psychologically influenced at a young age so that in the future they become lifelong addicts,#PROFIT~!

I love games just as much as anyone and blizzard wasn't really that bad to me but with the years that go by it seems that the gaming industry ...or at least big companies such as EA,Bethesda,or activision just stopped caring about people as players but more or so see the bottom line.They become sleazy to the point where it seems justified that they are falling,that they get all this backlash,they deserve to know that this is not okay that games aren't an exploit and if they want to monetize something like Games then they are walking on a very thin bridge,I'm talking thin ice because it is a very,very tricky base to monetize to where both the developers AND the consumers can be happy.Basically in english,what i'm saying is game companies didn't just start falling by some unknown force or situation.They set themselves up for this.

Look at Fallout 76 and bethesda,games can be great but once greed and money takes over,then the companies including blizzard have signed the deal with the devil.They have to pay the price,they know what they were doing they weren't dumb when they came out with diablo immortal.They weren't dumb or ignorant that players wanted overwatch,or WOW to be better.They just wanted money,but you can only make the players unaware to a point.Some of us love blizzard but once companies grow so big their egos get to them,they believe they won't be able to crash and burn.They aren't, and it's sad to see but with blizzard the best way to learn is to fail ....hard.
I personally blame Activision meddling for Blizzard's recent issues.
but you can always die first before seeing Blizzard die.
With the damn near hourly overwatch fan art. That the hornier then sin fanbase posts. And, the fact that people who review graphics cards, and laptops still promote overwatch for benchmarks (Even though it's in the top 5 list for "Most pointless games people love to benchmark").

The still festering MOBA players for heroes of the storm.

The fact that WoW is still a blockbuster MMO.

the bafflingly strong fan base for Hearthstone.

And, even with so few players. The still avid Starcraft fanbase.

I really doubt they will fall any time soon.
They are too rich to fail over just one horrible mistake, but they sure seem intent on acting like a stereotypical corporate business, so we'll see if they can figure out how to set things on the right track again for their playerbase, not their investors

Either way, your old games like Warcraft 2 won't be going anywhere...
No one in the right mind WANTS a company to suck. But damn, son...