Why do you play video games?

whenever you're playing video games  in your free time what reasons do you usually associate with it?
Usually I do it because there is a interesting concept behind it,to be engaged in the world as a temporary escape for hours at a time,to just mess around,adding self imposed challenges to make things more interesting and  to squeeze more time and effort for what i've spent on them ,to enjoy the soundtrack and the occasional puzzle solving.
Comments144
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well obviously for recreation, enjoyment, and a way to pass the time, because that's how games are supposed to be.

But then they can start to get more difficult, which can lead to frustration, and at that point you might be asking yourself "Why DO I play video games?". Though sometimes that's the developers more than it is you not being good enough at it.
Don't they kind of already know what kind of challenge they're getting thereselfs into when buying the game?Granted these days you can get tips & accessible on your computer from gamefaqs or youtube but not everybody does  the research before hand. i think that the game testers have gotten so use to playing the games that were almost ready for production that they probably had to say to themselfs at one point "man this has gotten to easy"
what else is there to do with out having to spend money every time you can always play the games you all ready have and don't have to spend any more money once you have the game.
You must have a lot of games in your backlog, not counting my steam library ,i have about 94+ games on my 3ds alone.
Do you go through self imposed challenges?
Because.......well I like it? 'cuse me I'm gonna play a game now.
Depends on the game. I play certain games just to pass the time when waiting on someone or waiting for it to be a certain time but don't really want to engage in other activities. And there are other games that I just enjoy playing and I played a lot of Pokemon GO on my phone with my partner when the weather was nice.
It's the cure for the disease known as boredom
Playing video games turns me into a guy with a cool atttitude ^^

Also, it helps me to recognize lots of Youtube gamers too ^^
Who are your favorite YouTube gamers ATM? Rockcock64 has always been fun to watch different games he tries ...do you look for skillful players or comedians when watching gaming vids?
Oh, lots of them: Markiplier, Jacksepticeyes, theRadBrad, Vanossgaming, and even the underrated one: ZackScottGames

So, I'm pretty much in both: but Im still prefer comedic players. Which again are those guys I've been mentioning
I play video games for social reasons, to hang out with friends mostly :)
For entertainment. Shocking, I know.
What else is there to do at home, aside from watching a movie or show,reading,or playing games aside from the boring stuff.
The same reasons why I listen to music - entertainment and escapism. (I didn't have an easy childhood, so I ended up consuming a lot of fiction and music just to not think about school and my family).
You know what that's pretty much also my childhood in nutshell ...can't really choose your classmates or family
tbh i dunno its fun lol
Sounds good enough to me
To escape reality
I don't mean to offend but would you say that your gaming is something of a addiction?
The artwork, music and story telling
Comment Flagged as Spam
Quick and to the point,nice
Comment Flagged as Spam
Maybe not boring but it would be pretentious