Disappointed Game You Have Ever Played

Which game you were disappointed and why?

For me it was Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I remember enjoying it when I first got it, but haven’t touch it sense 2013. I could think of one Pro and a lot of Cons. And this is my opinion. If you like the game that is fine.

Pro: Bring back Turn Base Rpg. But that is far I could say on the topic.

Cons
1. The Battle Mechanics: Your mainly using Stickers as your attacks and healing. This would have been good, but once you ran out then your only option is to run away and restock. I would like it if they gave you the hammer and jump attacks as regulars then used stickers as special hammer and jump.

2. No EXP. They may bring back the Turn Base RPG elements in Sticker Star, but not all of it. You don’t level up after X number of fights. You’re just fight enemies for coins to purchase Special Stickers. In a way you don’t need to fight besides the Bosses, mini bosses and mandatory fights.

3. Upgrades. So how does one upgrade your health or pages in your book to use more stickers? Well the pages you get after beating the major boss of each area. But as for health you have to look in each level to find a Heart Sticker. Why?! The Original Paper Mario on the N64 and The Thousand Year Door had the regular leveling up system and you can chose Health, Flower Power (SP), or Badge Points. In Super Paper Mario you still level up with Stats and HP. But here you have to find health like Legend of Zelda style. If this was your first time playing it there are two ways it would go either go through the entire not knowing these exist and have a bad time or find it on accident which is most likely this one.

4. No Partners: In the Paper Mario series Mario is partner up with interesting characters throughout the game and help with puzzles with their overworld abilities or in battle. Super Paper Mario had partners in the form of Pixels and they had their use, but no character besides Tippi. Sticker Star has one partner, Kersti. She is mostly used for puzzles involving stickers and the Battle Spinner to give Mario a boost in battle. There were suppose to be Parnters like a Chain Chomp in Sticker Star, but the developers took them out to focus on the Stickers.

5. Lack of Story: Now to the big one. The lack of story in Sticker Star is very noticeable and doesn’t thicken the plot. You won’t get any story element after you beat a major boss. And it’s mostly a backstory on how the Bosses got the Royal Stickers. You have your opening scene and your ending scene, but nothing in the middle. It’s just going to one level to the next like Mario’s platform adventures. But this is an rpg and it needs a solid story. Super Paper Mario did it right with a story and platform rgp. But Sticker Star just took a step back. The story could help build Kersti character, but it didn’t happen. Same could be said about Bowser or Princess Princess. You don’t see these two throughout the game only at the beginning, the final showdown with Bowser and the ending that is it. Which it was shame, because Bowser had funny dialog in the Paper Mario series.

Paper Mario Sticker Star is the low point in the series. I haven’t spoken about Color Splash cause I never played it and it wasn’t Sticker Stars fault that I skip it. I was playing other games. So I don’t know any of the problems from Sticker Star was fix or not in Color Splash. If there is anything I miss feel free to tell me.

And no troll or immature comments

That is all and thank you,
-Colton the Phantom
Comments173
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN

As a long time capcom fan, this is the game that broke me. With their poor handling in the making and promoting of this game, this was where I finally decided, "You know what? FUCK YOU. I'm out." 
Countdown Vampires.
It was clear that the game was trying to mimic the more successful Resident Evil franchise. Yet, I gave the game a chance because that's a fun franchise regardless! It was artistically pleasing but that was it for me. I recall terrible camera angles and an extremely confusing layout. Both in which got me killed more times than I could count. The plotline was not very cohesive and some noticeable mistakes in it had me guessing if I missed something. Usually, classic games have some hilarious and questionable VO acting and dialogue. Countdown Vampires manages to be worse than that. The concept of the game had a lot of potential but it failed at executing it. Such a shame!

EOE: Eve of Extinction.
This game was a hot mess. At the time it had some good trailer marketing. On-screen pattern tracing with the analogue sticks, button commands before it was heavily adapted into a mass variety of other titles. Tons of weapons with their own unique personalities. Puzzles. However, it was clunky. The storyline was weak. Somehow, each weapon definitely had its own flare but none of that mattered with how clumsy it felt using any of them. The stages felt copy/pasted. Often, the pattern tracing didn't work too well and you ended up having to do the entire sequence from the beginning again. 
Never heard of Vampire Countdown and probably a good thing
Sorry, going to make a second comment. Here are some more games I disappointed in like...

Mario Party 9, 10, and Island Tour.

These games pretty much killed Mario Party for me. I never liked the Car mechanic. I hate how you have to land on a Mini-game space instead of it being after every turn. Why tf were Stars and Coins replaced? I do wish in Super Mario Party, they went back to 10 being the highest number on a standard dice block, but eh, I'm fine with the way it is since they brought back Mario Party to mostly the way it played before. As for Island Tour, that game was a bad idea from the start. A 10 to 15 minute party? Are they serious? I loved going around everyone's turns and seeing how the board changes and such with the game last an hour or more.

A Link to the Past.

I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this one. The game isn't necessarily bad, but I'm just disappointed I didn't like it. The movement system is very outdated and clunky, and I found it boring. I had already played Ocarina of Time, so I thought A Link to the Past just felt kind of the same. Which is weird cause I love A Link Between Worlds for it's clever puzzle solving throughout and it fixed the movement system! Also the gimmick was super creative. Whoever thought of that deserves a promotion.

Sonic Colors and Sonic Lost World.

Every modern Sonic fan hyped up Sonic Colors like it was the second coming of christ, but I hated it from day 1. The level design and set pieces weren't interesting at all. Mostly blocky platforming everywhere. It never really did anything above and beyond. I'm not gonna say that stupid "boost to win" argument, cause it's not imo. But the set pieces just don't have much beyond basic shapes and gimmicks 95% of the game. Sonic Lost World on the other hand has a run button for a 3D Platformer and that's just a huge no-no. Also the parkour gimmick only worked for me about 30% of the time. I got to a level in the second area and quit the game for good.

Batman Arkham Asylum

I'm sure this game is good. I just can't wrap my head around the controls. I don't quite remember this game that well, but I remember some basic actions you'd normal have assigned to the face buttons in other games were assigned to the triggers. I remember asking myself why did they do this?
It’s alright. I never said you can only do one.
I agree with you on Sticker Star. Some parts were fun - personally, I liked some of the boss fights, and I think some of the music was nice - but the rest just felt so slow and poorly made. Didn't help that there was pretty much no clue as to what to do sometimes, so I had to keep pausing and opening the internet app on my 3DS to get even the slightest idea what to do.
Yeah, I don’t remember any music then again haven’t play it in years
Comment hidden
For me it was Mass Effect Andromeda.
It was made by a small, young, but competent studio and looking at leaked pre alpha footage, would've been something truly deserving of the Mass Effect series if it wasn't for EA fucking up with PR decisions and one particular writer sabotaging various story aspects with what I believe is now called "wokeness".
Gameplay is great in the game and honestly most of the main cast aren't that bad, but the game got compiled in the last 9 months of its development cycle and it really shows. Oh does it show.
The worst thing being that we're now not getting the Quarian DLC or any Mass Effect game for quite some time.
Either:

Resident Evil: the mercenaries 3D (It was good, and I still play it and all. But, with the teaspoon amount of content. out of a witches pot worth of game assets they could have used. Was almost insulting)
Bionic Commando
Dark Void (The console, and DSi game)
Destiny
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm expansion
Brink (a shooter from Bethesda)
Castlevania Lords of shadow mirror of fate
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (worst Cod story I've ever played)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Worst overall CoD game I've ever had the misfortune of playing)
Hulk (The game that came out in 03 based off of the Movie)
Dead Space 3
Can you explain on Destiny and World of Warcraft?
For me too it's Pokemon Sun, I did not like this game at all, especially after the league, HAPPILY that it was a friend who lent it to me.
izavier55, I'm sick of people not liking the Gen 7 games because it gets on my nerves. Also, i'm sorry I have to say this, mind you... I really hate X/Y for a good reason because the story in X/Y was undeveloped, almost all the characters in X/Y are uninteresting and bland, Team Flare are really lame and asinine, The roster for the Kalos Pokémon in Gen 6 are very lackluster compared to others, the soundtrack in X/Y are just forgettable and dull, the difficulty in X/Y is easy this was not fixed in ORAS (I'll get to that later), Battle Maison was not all that good and the postgame in X/Y is really poor. Gen 6 has some of the most unnecessary and jarring gimmicks such as both Horde Encounters, Roller Skates and even the boring and tedious roaming legendary bird hunts in X/Y's postgame and by far the most pointless gimmicks in X/Y and Gen 6 as a  whole is both the Trainer PR Videos and Sky Battles (If you don't have a Flying type in your team, you just skip them). Also, the name "X and Y" is just lazy tbh. Did you know that there some people who don't like ORAS because Gen 6 did wrong with the remakes of the Gen 3 games and it was a slap in the face to the Gen 3 fans. Let me tell you why people don't like ORAS is because it does not have Battle Frontier at all, the Delta Episode was really short and some of the problems from X/Y are not fixed. Do you know what I learned from? I learned from both Fawful's Minion and BlunZ because at least Fawful's Minion admitted it that X/Y were disappointing games, which i have to agree with him. Now, if you disagree with me, that's cool. I can respect your opinion.
if you ask me, Pokemon Platinum, heart gold, and soul silver where the peak of the franchise. They had so much content compared to the later games It's not even funny. Gen 5 and 7 had jack squat as far as content. I'll admit, gen-6 wasn't better by much, but it was still better.

I will say that Gen4 was where the metagame started to come to life, but it was also where the ability to use the Pokemon you like and win started to die. I mean, do you think I made my account because I like stick figure Pokemon? I don't. Stick figure designs like the. Tapus, Gardevoir and, oh god, Pheremosa, come off as incredibly frail and weak looking for me, but unfortunately you are required to use them if you want to win nowadays. This has, in all honesty, made the Pokemon games in general less fun for me, who likes to use bulkier designs because he finds them cooler and more imposing.

I will admit, sun and moon had a better story than most of the Pokemon games. Seeing a villain that isn't misanthropic or a animal lover demonization was a breath of fresh air.
Yeah, I do agree that the Gen 7 games at least had a better story, and I also do agree that both Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver have a lot of content. Heck, even Black 2 and White 2 also have a lot of content too compared to later generations.
As far as content goes, I thought the black and white games in general just had more of the same as opposed to anything that was really nor fun. It did have triple and rotation battles, though, which X and Y kept which sun and moon did not.
Well, the reason why Sun & Moon did not have triple and rotation battles is because of the 3DS's hardware, if Sun & Moon do have triple and rotation battles it would lag.
Pokemon X and Y ran on the same Hardware, yet those games included triple and rotation battles. I saw no reason why the ultra Sun and Moon games couldn't handle them.
View all replies