Closed to new replies
September 14
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

I guess Square Isn't going to be boycotted now lol

:iconzoltor:
Zoltor Featured By Owner Sep 14, 2018
I guess Square decided they didn't want to be as crappy as Crapcom huh(Crapcom is on my boycott for life list, and frankly I don't even care if MM 11 ends up being great, that's how deep the grave is, they dug), which was a decision made out of the blue, because they were almost acting exactly like Crapcom.

I really want to hate Square, they ruined/are still ruining so many things they touch, but after that insane direct showing, It's really, really hard to hate them(although hopefully they aren't digital only, please Square release physical versions, hell the cards you need to do that are actually way cheaper then blu-ray, so that's no longer a excuse). So much so infact the things that they aren't doing yet/omitted, went from me being pissed off, to just confused(still no localization of the Secret of Mana collection, and the omitted FF 8. Although to be fair the FF 8 port issue, Isn't a Switch problem, It's a everyone problem, since as far as I know, FF 8 was never rereleased period).

I think Octopath Traveler got Square to actually open their damn eyes the 1st time since 2001 :)  Thank you Octopath Traveler, you did something which everyone in the gaming community, and industry alike, thought to be impossible. lol

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconchiggenboi:
chiggenboi Featured By Owner Sep 14, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I hate the company, but it's not so much because I hate all their games. It's more to do with how they mistreat the good titles they do publish. 

But yes, I was looking forward to Octopath! How good is it? I played the demo with all the characters' first act completed. I enjoyed many aspects of it, but it seemed to have a pretty formulaic structure between all the character intros. I was worried if this trend continues for the whole game, and would get boring from repetition. I have been on the fence since. 
Yea, that is one of Square's biggest issues.

I haven't got it yet, but that's just because I didn't want to rush through. However as a RPG vet, I can tell while It's pretty good, It's rather overrated. The only reason It's blowing up the way it is, is It's been quite awhile since a RPG was made, that the whole community can get behind, and It's made by Square, who actively wants to pretend no one wants pure RPGs to push Square's BS agenda. Yea it does, infact even the people who were really inlove with Octopath Traveler admits such, and due to such, it doesn't lend its self well to long play sessions.
:iconchiggenboi:
chiggenboi Featured By Owner Sep 14, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Shame! Well, I guess I'll wait for a price drop that'll likely never happen anytime soon.

I hate it when companies suddenly think types of games are dead (single player titles for EA, survival horror for Capcom for the longest time). Square seems to believe nobody wants turn based RPGs anymore, even though I've no idea why they think that and the company seems to be the largest contributor of that self-fulfilling prophecy anyway. Maybe now they'll improve..? 
Don't get me wrong, in It's own right, It's a pretty good RPG, but It's not even close to being the holy grail that many would have you believe.

Yea sigh, that shit really pisses me off. They do that to push a agenda, in Square's case, It's they are lazy POS, that don't want to need to put actual effort into making a game. It's a lot harder to create a pure RPG, than to make a action/RPG that is already limited by default due to the very nature of such.
Add a Comment: