Closed to new replies
August 10
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

Dragon Age Inquisition End, Yay or Nay?

:iconladywo1f:
LadyWo1f Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2018  Student General Artist
After putting in 100 hours without the dlc, the ending was.....decent? Idk I feel like facing off corytheus (idk how to spell it) was kinda dull.....but that suprise end tho made me more curious as to wtf was going on. I knew egg head was fishy to me. But yeah I haven't gotten around to getting the dlc mainly cause I sorta spoiled some of it for myself (but I still wanna play it ain't too expensive). Especially since it's about the qunari (which is my race) and the elives going haywire. Thoughts/experiences on the game in general? What race were you, how did you act, etc. This was a good game to me but the ending/events after the end felt, super empty. Tbh it was kinda disturbing, especially after seeing one of my fav followers/maybe future game love gone away

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcuramba:
curamba Featured By Owner Aug 16, 2018
Loved the game, and really enjoyed the final ending. The only downside is that the way the game ends is a start to the next one, and I can't wait for them to continue the story.
:iconhaimleb:
haimleb Featured By Owner Aug 16, 2018
+1
:iconhaimleb:
haimleb Featured By Owner Aug 16, 2018
I really liked it.
:iconfenalith:
Fenalith Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Compared to Dragon Age Origins, or even Dragon Age 2: Dragon Age Inquisition was a disappointment. It started in the character creator. While forming the face of the inquisitor was fine, the lack of hair and other details were just awful in a game in which you're supposed to make your own character. I've seen games made ten years ago that's done better. This point is a personal point of course since everybody doesn't care about the character creator, but to me, it's very important with a well-made character creator to be able to immerse myself into the game. I'm not a fan of the voiced protagonist either and the voice choices of the inquisitor didn't suit my character.

My thought on the DLC: I'm not a fan of DLC that have important ending details in them. This might just be me being negative though since Dragon Age 4 might explain things so well that you don't have to play the DLC to understand what's happened. I guess we'll have to see. It's also been a while since I played either the DLC or the game and honestly, I can't remember much about the experience, which is a bad sign. One exception is the ending which I thought was exciting, especially if you romanced or liked Solas character. If you, however, romanced Bull and didn't save The Chargers. Be prepared to be underwhelmed of a moment that is potentially good on paper but executed very poorly. 

I could go on and on about how bad I think Inquisition is, everything from how I dislike the combat system to the empty world settings that are just there to please the eye but has little else to offer. I'll still give Bioware credit on their ability to write characters. I like most of the main characters and companions. Also the cast of voice actors or doing a good job of portraying them. I just which that these characters got a better game to exist in. The game itself has its moments, but it just feels dragged out and empty for the most part. 

As for my playthrough: I played as a white-haired elf mage (very original indeed) and I acted like a goody two shoes as I almost always does. My character took Orlais and the Winter Palace by Storm, sided with the mages and romanced the hell out of Cullen. As a last note, I don't know what the DLC costs but you might be able to get it cheaper via Origin access. :) (Smile) 
LadyWo1f Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2018  Student General Artist
i actually liked the speaking options but i do agree they maybe should of added one more voice instead of choosing dainty british girl or tough rouge lady. and yeah with the qunari you would have to settle for a certain match of hair/horns and you couldnt choose one certain horn look with one hair, it was bald with cool horns or hair and tiny horns lol. combat truly wasnt my cup of tea but the story and character dialogue was amazing imo. i never had so much feedback from a follower before and i loved all their personalities. and yeah some worlds felt empty but overall at least it didnt feel rushed/you could go anywhere unlike darksiders 2 oof. 
:iconfenalith:
Fenalith Featured By Owner Aug 13, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
What we have to remember is that adding a voiced protagonist that in this case can have up to 4 different voice types costs a lot of money, especially since you get to pick what your character says. Not only money, but a lot of time went into making this happened. Still, I prefer the way it was in Dragon Age: Origins, where you could actually see what your character were about to say, as well as ask a lot of questions to different characters. You still can ask other characters questions in the newer games, but as far as I know, I think you had more opportunity to do so in Origins. You just had more things to say in that game. But I can totally understand that people like a voiced protagonist more than a silent protagonist. It's a bit of a gamble though since you don't really know if the audience will like the voices or not. 

And yeah, I would totally play as a Qunari if I got to pick some nice hairstyles for them. I just felt like the game was really lacking in that regard, and I don't think that modders should have to fix this problem. The worst thing about it is that you can find some really nice early game models with beautiful hair, but for one reason or another it didn't make it into the game, which is a shame. I have to agree that the feedback from the companions was well implemented in the game. Sadly for me, the banter didn't work properly when I played, so I didn't really get to hear what they had to say between missions. This is sad since I've always appreciated party banter in these sort of games. As a side note, I actually preferred the female voices over the male once. One of the male voices was just awful imo, and nothing really suited the elf character I tried to make. The deeper voice was good enough for making dwarfs and Qunari characters. 

I think the game would have been better in a more linear setting (something like The Last of Us). The traveling was just tedious at best and the mounts were really slow. The main villain was kinda bland, however, I did like Samson as well as Calpernia, even though I've seen very little content with her since I didn't side with the Templars. All and all, the game is worth playing for the companions and the journey you make is sort of worth it too. If I did play it again, or if I recommended someone to play the game I would just tell them to stick to the main mission since the side quests and explorations aren't really worth it unless it's connected to the main story or your companions. Smile 

:iconlamantramori:
LaMantraMori Featured By Owner Aug 11, 2018
I haven't gotten far enough at all, but I'm currently playing as a human mage. 
:iconcolautumnsovercoat:
ColAutumnsOvercoat Featured By Owner Aug 11, 2018
I lost all emotional investment in DA:I (and to be honest, Bioware in general) when I learned that the Chantry was going to get away with all the shit they've ever done and stay in power.  This would have been the perfect time for them to have all the shit they ever done to mages, to elves, to anyone they ever fucked over come back and bite them in the ass.  HARD.  But nope.  Still in power.  Still not going to face the consequences of anything they ever done historically.  Dragon Age Inquisition played it too safe in that regard.  Also, fucking over the elves yet again; especially when it comes to their long lost past and mythology?  Yeah, no.  Done and done.
LadyWo1f Featured By Owner Aug 11, 2018  Student General Artist
Would of been cool to have an elf option for ruler, I just now realized all the candidates were human. Be eh, sorta like how the government is imo, keeps running despite all the mistakes they've done
:iconx-xbraised-meat:
x-xBraised-Meat Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2018  Professional General Artist
Nay. Go back to Origins 'cause this is too convoluted a plot and I am still salty to this day about the lazy file transfer that made all my hours of files for DA 1 and DA2 pointless. I did enjoy the morigan run but gave up on Bioware years ago.
I was a goody two-shoes human male of royalty and the gay man left me for being nice by letting him go back home to become his own man. WTF.

Personally, if we're going to talk fantasy games, The Witcher 3 was Blow kiss It kicks DA's ass. I will won't touch a Bioware game again.
Duuuuude I love the witcher! I've played thru the second one (never the first, heard the first is god awful) and I'm nuts for not playing the witcher 3 already installed on my pc. Think I'm too scared to get fully invested since college is about to begin.
:iconx-xbraised-meat:
x-xBraised-Meat Featured By Owner Aug 11, 2018  Professional General Artist
That's true. It's likely to suck you in. Lots of endings and genuinely fun DLC.
:iconpyreite:
Pyreite Featured By Owner Edited Aug 10, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
DAI is a good game if you've played the series up to this point.  Might not be as significant if you haven't, but still enjoyable if you don't mind the level grind.  I liked the game overall, although I thought the DLC could've been better with the exception of Trespasser.  I liked that one a lot since it connects with the main story.  The Darkspawn one I thought was a little empty, but I did like the Avvar DLC since it ties in with the Inquisition.  I played mostly either as a FemAdaar or as FemLavellan, so Vashoth or Elf mostly.  Haven't done the human line or the dwarven one.  Yes I know, missing out lots. 

They're supposedly doing another DA game, but with the emphasis at the moment on Anthem I can't see it coming live for a couple years.  Which is unfortunate considering they brought out MEA to a dour reception.  It would've made more sense to go for another DA sequel first before bringing out something big and new.  But Bioware seems intent on stomping on their own toes... again.  So I'm not certain how much good vibes the fanbase has for them at the moment.

We'll see, I suppose.
Yeah I'm pretty new to dragon age I didn't know until after my playthru that all the games connect somehow. Aka I killed the main character from the previous game since I thought he was ugly lololol but yeah I heard a new one is coming but as for me being excited about it I'm pretty iffy
:iconpyreite:
Pyreite Featured By Owner Aug 11, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Me too.  I dunno if I want to continue playing it if there's more.
Add a Comment: