Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login

Details

July 12
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

What Are Your Thoughts On Pokemon Let's Go?

:icontrufannekiawilson:
TrufanNekiaWilson Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
  I find that people have mixed feelings on Pokemon Let's Go and some extremely hate it.  Any chance you can tell me why this game evokes such strong hatred?  Or any other feelings really.
 Personally I'm not interested in the game but based on the trailers there are things such as the more saturated colours of the Pokemon I hope continues in the main series titles.  Things I hope don't become a main stay is how Pokemon are caught.  If they do include a feature like catching feature like Go then it should be as a mini game.

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconkrystalfan-2:
krystalfan-2 Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Student Artisan Crafter
I don't like the idea of the game because you're paying for a game that is already free on your phone. I'm also sick of Kanto and the nostalgia Nintendo has with them. There are sooooooooo many more Pokemon to highlight and regions to look at. It just seems like they only want to focus on the first region. I honestly don't think Kanto is even that good :/ It's alright, but I'd prefer a game focusing elsewhere.
I also don't like it because, if I'm right, this is the first Pokemon game on the Switch. Having Pokemon Go on the Switch as your first Pokemon game is kind of a let down, at least for me. A main state game, or a different spin-off, would have been better.

But hey, some people are excited for it, so I won't get in their way. Personally, I'll stick to the free phone app and pass this game up.
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
Any chance you can tell me why this game evokes such strong hatred?

I'll take a stab at this. Leaks of the games got out and everyone was hyping themselves up for it to be the core-RPG Pokemon game they were told was in the works. So they thought these games were going to be the traditional games finally on the Switch. Then nope, turns out it is a spin-off title aimed at Pokemon Go players and kids who can't play Go instead of the main fanbase. (And I don't know what other console fans are like, but Nintendo fans seem to have a problem with understanding that not everything from Nintendo is meant for them. See the whole Lambo complaints.) Then there are also fans like me who are just sick and tired of the constant Kanto nostalgia.

As for me, I'm indifferent. It doesn't appeal to me in anyway (see the nostalgia comment) but they confirmed that a core-RPG title is just around the corner so I don't have any real reason to hate it. So I'm just ignoring it as much as I reasonably can.
TrufanNekiaWilson Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's fair a fair point.  People do seem to have over hyped themselves.  There have been games that don't follow the core gameplay before and I don't remember people being mad about that.
:iconlupusargentum:
LupusArgentum Featured By Owner 4 days ago
I think people dislike it because of his simple the gameplay seems, it's a lot like Pokemon go (at least in the way the Pokemon will be caught) and the more competitive players might find that annoying. I think it's the older players that dislike it the most (the players who are used to the older gens) in comparison to those who started Pokemon by playing the newer gens like x or y.
Personally I wouldn't mind playing it, the trailers made it seem like a good game(if I had a switch). 
TrufanNekiaWilson Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ok but I feel like it doesn't deserve this much hate.  I can understand upset and annoyed to a degree but not the rage. Thank you for the reply.
:iconcitrus-chickadee:
Citrus-Chickadee Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Eh... I'm pretty ambivalent on it myself. :shrug: I can see both sides of why people would love it and why they'd hate it.

On the plus side, the graphics look cute, and having more options for riding Pokémon is fun. It's also neat to be able to start with Eevee. Also, I guess if you really liked Go, then Let's Go would appeal to you -- which is probably why they're doing it, to draw primarily Go fans into the main series.

On the other hand, if you really hated Go (or didn't play it), then the Go mechanics that carry over here aren't going to be fun at all. There's also the fact that it's yet ANOTHER Kanto remake when we already had Fire Red and Leaf Green (and Kanto featured in the Gen 2 games and their remakes, too), so Kanto's getting really stale if you didn't enjoy that as a region, too.

I'm currently leaning towards giving it a chance, but... yeah. I also hope that this doesn't become a recurring thing in later games. :hmm:
TrufanNekiaWilson Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Gamefreak should really give the remakes a rest and just make squeals if they want to return to previous regions.  Or make it like soul silver and have a region open up as post game.  Shrug 
:iconcitrus-chickadee:
Citrus-Chickadee Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah... I really liked the sequel idea in Gen 5, and I wish XY and SM had gotten those. Post-game regions would be fun, too, since we haven't seen that since the Johto games.

I just wish that if they had to make an "actual" game with Go mechanics, that they... made a whole new game for it. Instead of pasting it into an already-existing region.
Add a Comment: