Closed to new replies
February 12
Link

Statistics

Replies: 104

Hardest game you ever played

:icongbsartworks:
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Mine was Darksouls 1.. finished 2 and 3,,but 1 was just super shit annoying..

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbluesdrawings:
Bluesdrawings Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2018  Student
Ori and the blind forest. I think I died about 700 times if I remember the score in the menu X)
:iconsh4d0wr00t:
SH4D0WR00T Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2018  Student Digital Artist
Maybe Cuphead cause was the first one to get me playing for hours till i finish it
:iconrenamonmega:
RenamonMega Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2018  Hobbyist Artist
Volgaar the Viking, it's BS hard without checkpoints and the enemies are sometimes impossible to kill at certain spots like a cliff.
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
mine was God of War 2 and onward, the Pegasus hop got me, also Devil May Cry 4, the controls got me all messed up and I never could get past the training and couldn't turn that off either.  Heavenly sword gave me issues when I was dealing with the catapults, and I have yet to have the patience for Bloodborne but I still have it and haven't traded it yet. 
:iconsmexynation-lite:
Smexynation-Lite Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2018   Digital Artist
Dark Souls 2.
:iconbelieveinya:
believeinya Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2018
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.

To beat the toughest raid bosses, you needed to be part of elite guilds ... but I wanted to play the game to have fun, not to do raiding all the time.
:icongrendalunleashed:
GrendalUnleashed Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2018  Professional General Artist
Robin of Sherwood on the ZX Spectrum...never got out of the dungeon...

kill guard...no
open grill...no
fuck you you stoopid bastard I've just spent half an hour loading you onto this ZXSpectrum piece of shit open the damn grill and let me run rampant in Sherwood.

Your request was not recognised

Barstood,F*CK,TW*T, let me out of this C*nting dungeon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your request was not recognised

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bollocks!

Three decades later still in the C*NTing dungeon!
:icondagger-13:
Dagger-13 Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Rayman.  My sister and I NEVER managed to beat the boss at the end of the art-themed levels...or the cake-themed ones, I can't remember which it was.  I want to say they had a rolling pin so it's probably the second one of those :XD:
:iconmrsoleglad:
MrSoleglad Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2018
Call of Duty 4's Mile High Club Achievement, as well as the Berlin mission from the Blazing Angels ARCADE! God, that's like the Kobayashi Maru of gaming. But I'd be damned if I didn't earn that sweet, juicy medal at the top of the leaderboard for all to see.
:iconkaralia-m:
Karalia-M Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Dark souls 3, but I gave up at some point. 
:iconwallacelovecraft:
There's no point wasting your life repeating a level for an outcome that will only repeat again and be just as hard.

If the game doesn't have a good story with decent gameplay then stop playing. There are many more games that you could be playing. Like, seriously, why?
Because some people like a challenge and the satisfaction of beating it (or to brag about it). A tiny number (like less than 10 I'd estimate without any concrete evidence) are just that masochistic. Though part of me still thinks that's a myth.
WallaceLovecraft Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2018
I know, I used to be one of those people who 100% games. There's no point. Looking back at all those hours I wasted doing it and for what, an achievement? Achievements are a gimmick to me. These days I just play a game till I beat it and move on. I hate not having the true ending for some games because I didn't want to 100% but there's nothing I can do about that.
Ideally, achievements give people something to brag about. However, that feeling becomes hollow once you realize nobody cares. :grump:
WallaceLovecraft Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2018
Not only that but I think achievements were made so that people who bought games would keep them longer so that people who finished the game wouldn't be able to sell it at gamestop for example. Like, why would someone buy a brand new game at full price when the new game is used and cheaper?

Yes, nobody cares but you. lol

Anyway, hard games make me angry because I just want to relax the of repetition of dying and wasting time annoys me. Like, I recently played that cuphead game. I feel that game is hard for the sole fact that there's really no content in the game. You basically do the same platforming and flying random encounter dodging thing. And, I haven't beaten it nor do I want to, but I'm certain that the ending is you beat the devil and everyone is happy which in my opinion isn't even a good story. It's a typical story that's been played out. The art of course is very good.
MrSoleglad Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2018
I agree with you in that the game's main selling point is its beautiful drawing style. I'm a bit turned-off with the challenge. I usually like that feeling of (if you can excuse my language) of kicking all the asses. So I'm the type that tends to play God in all my favorite games.
WallaceLovecraft Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2018
I understand how you feel. I'm sure you'd like "Rimworld."
MrSoleglad Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2018
I'll take a look. Thanks for the tip.
:iconkrispy1264:
krispy1264 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2018  Student General Artist
Gradius (hardest one is notably III but overall, the game series is fun)

Bloodborne (still like it because of the fast pace)

Touhou project (I play a lot of bullet hell games but I somehow get my butt handed to Cirno)

Dodonpachi (I love the games but they're hard but I still love it)

Contra (I'm just not that good at platformers, even the hard ones)

Mega Man (as mentioned above but, I can't seem have fun with the series overall due to the difficulty)

Mighty No. 9 (Apparently, I heard from my cousin that it's unfair hard but I manage to beat it somehow but I cant beat a Mega Man game.)

Dark Souls (www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px…)

QWOP (Made by the same person who made getting over it with Bennett Foddy)

Blaster Master (NES Version)
:icontears-of-xion:
Tears-of-Xion Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2018
Oh, yes, Dark Souls is pretty hard. >.<
One of the hardest games I've ever played is probably Blinx the Timesweeper, an old game for the xbox.
After that is Sonic Racing: Transformed simply because I cannot fly the planes to save my life, or the race. xD
:icondgorbulin:
DGorbulin Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2018  Student Artist
Megaman 1. Because of the pesky platforms and fading blocks
:iconsir-spoder:
Sir-Spoder Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
You go into King of Fighters 13 and try to do some of the combos from Trial mode and you'll probably go mad.

On a lighter note, I remember having a hard time on Ninja Gaiden 2 (?) hardest difficult setting, same goes for Devil May Cry 4 (or was it 3? Can't remember).
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
DMC 3 was a lot harder than 4 haha
:iconsir-spoder:
Sir-Spoder Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
It was? Haha, just goes to show how much of a scrub I really am.
:iconplanet-i-studios:
Planet-i-Studios Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Super galaxy squadron EX Turbo comes to mind.
I can handle the easy difficulty since I like a good Shoot-em-up!
I have yet to beat the final boss though...
Normal is pretty rough but doable with persistence.
Arcade is bullethell.
Hardcore is a "die and your dead, back to the start" sort of mode. with an ever higher difficulty.
:iconmobiusoneblaze:
mobiusoneblaze Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
XCOM 2 Ironman playthrough.
You've got good tastes.
:iconmobiusoneblaze:
mobiusoneblaze Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Thanks. Have you played Enemy Within?
Yes, long ago. Also I wrote a big review right here on Deviantart. Quote me on it: "XCOM 2 is one of my favorite games of all time!"
:iconmaltron66:
maltron66 Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2018
Platypus on hard mode. Nobody has ever beaten the final boss on hard mode. And this is something that will probably never change.
:icongamenuke:
gamenuke Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2018
For me it was Prince Of Persia.. Its the BEST game you will ever play!
DAHAKA WAS SCARY AS SHT
:iconpaperstash:
PaperStash Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Playing Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest on Lunatic/Classic is pretty damn hard. Playing it on Normal was crazy, and Lunatic is impossible for me.
:icondarcyon:
Darcyon Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Not sure if the hardest but surely the most frustrating game in the world, Crash Bandicoot. 
ahhhhh brings back too many memories. haha. crash bash is one hell of a game too
:icondynam1s:
Dynam1s Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Legend of Grimrock, it gave me headache x'
Played demon's souls, ds1, ds2 and ds3, they're probably only hard at the beginning since u need to learn movesets etc
:iconhethalos:
Hethalos Featured By Owner Edited Feb 16, 2018  Student Traditional Artist
I'm currently trying to beat the Trial of the Fool from Hollow Knight. I'm slowly realizing why the developers named it the Trial of the Fool.
:iconvixenkiba:
Vixenkiba Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Zelda: Link to the Past... I was never able to get past a dungeon that featured a giant centipeedle boss! Man, so frustrating!
:iconmarballesterosartist:
MarBallesterosArtist Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2018  Professional Digital Artist
Agree.
I finished it a couple of weeks ago, but I was saving and loading all the time (super nintendo mini). Every time I died I thought about all that poor people that suffered it at super nintendo without cheating :D :D
:iconvixenkiba:
Vixenkiba Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I guess I was luckier to play it on the Game Boy Advance, haha! And yet, unable to clear it. Still, I think it's a great game, and I'm not giving up!
:iconyunasama:
YunaSama Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
The Lion King on the SNES! :angry: 
:iconzamnplayerd:
ZAMNPlayerD Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It says a lot when "Just Can't Wait to be King" and "Hakuna Matata" start becoming the songs that haunt your gaming nightmares.

I never got to the end of the game without a level select cheat code; And some of the people who worked on it couldn't get past that Just Can't Wait to be King level.
:iconyunasama:
YunaSama Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
IKR!!! :ARRRGH: 

The only way I got past the 2nd level is by heavily abusing save stated on an emulator... It doesn't exactly get much better after that tough (I kinda left the game at Simba's Exile)... ^^;
:iconzamnplayerd:
ZAMNPlayerD Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Eh, the strange part to me is that the final bossfight with Uncle Scar is pretty easy overall. The hard part is chasing him down with some tricky platforming on Pride Rock.
:iconjuniorjedi7:
JuniorJedi7 Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Super Ghouls and Ghosts for the SNES. HARD as heck! Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES) Donkey Kong 64 (I'm not touching that game eve again LOL and hmmmm that's all i can say
Planet-i-Studios Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've 99 percented DK 64 recently (savestates were used in certain bonus games)
Apparently the coins you collect count toward 100 percent, despite them not being a main co0llectible that is counted on your totals sheet.
:iconjuniorjedi7:
JuniorJedi7 Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Coolness, except after getting to the aztec level, I don't know where to go...I go to K Rool's lair and I get stuck...I'm so lost!!
Planet-i-Studios Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Angry Aztec is not on KRool's Island. 
It's toward the top of DK Isle. Go right from the main spawn point (where the 5 pads and tag barrel are and assuming you are facing the ocean and not the cave entrance)
Climb up the ledges you see, swing on a few vines across the waterfall, and then you'l get there.
Add a Comment: