Details

October 15
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Best book on step by step how to color manga digitally? 🐗

:iconbigboarph:
BigBoarPH Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Hello. I'm currently studying how to color manga drawings digitally step by step. I followed ibis paint official tutorials and I really like it! Probably the best coloring step by step I learned! They just released their official book this year's January but the problem is it's Japanese version so I can't read it :(🐗

Is there another best book for coloring manga digitally? What do you recommend? Thank you people~ 🐗

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconkarren-san:
Karren-san Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Student General Artist
I think it's better to search for some tutorials on Youtube, DeviantArt, Pinterest or Pixiv instead of looking for a book. It's hard to find a good book for that, and there are plenty of good online tutorials  for drawing and coloring manga 
:iconcitrus-chickadee:
Citrus-Chickadee Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
The Complete Guide to Self-Publishing Comics is pretty good.

It's more of a general guide that also includes writing (and as you can probably guess, it's technically for a different style), but they've got some really great sections in there on how to color quickly/well, as well as how to do good page layouts.
:iconikrines:
IKrines Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
The best book I know about Manga creation is Manga Techniques series, in which is published by Japanese Company Deleter, but it is more about Traditional way of making comics, as that is Deleter has their market.
Also you need someone to translate them from Japanese, as the English version are very badly translated. I mean badly.
Add a Comment: