Anybody here read Pokemon Adventures/Special? (spoilers maybe)

I read to the end of the Yellow arc a long time ago where Lugia appeared. But when it got to the Gold and Silver stuff, I stopped. I'm current with all the games that come out though.

My big questions are, was it worth reading the rest of it? Did you enjoy it?

I might reread it from the beginning since it has been a long time.
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've read it before. Can't say I'm impressed, but at least it's better than the anime. It's surprisingly dark for something Pokemon-related. Surprisingly violent too. Some of the characterizations kinda weird me out, like Norman being borderline abusive and the Kanto Elite Four being evil.

I kinda wish they'd make an anime based on Pokemon Special. I feel like fans would like it a lot.
An anime based on Pokemon Special would be awesome. I feel like it's kind of too late for that though. But maybe not. I could see another anime studio doing it. Although I think it should be seasonal rather than constantly ongoing. They would have to tone down some stuff for sure, but I feel like the plot and characters are more interesting in Pokemon Special.
I think at this point, Pokemon fans are desperate to get a Pokemon anime without Ash.
That bad, huh?
People have been sick of Ash Ketchum for years, what with every arc basically being the same, Ash unlearning everything whenever he goes to a new region, Team Rocket still stalking him, and to top it off, never being able to advance past the age of ten. It seems that Japanese children (and some American children) do still like him, and the Pokemon anime does get good ratings in Japan, but everyone else is sick of Ash. I think it's time to let someone else take the spotlight.
Well, I do have the Black & White mangas tome 1 and the three first tomes of the X & Y series.
So you haven't read the earlier stuff? Did you like reading what you do have?
Yes! The black and white mangas are awesome! and idk why but every thing XY that isn't the games has a great story. Also I have heard the thing there are in the older mangas...
I was kinda disappointed by the lack of story in XY, but I'm sure it will be rectified once XY get their remakes many years from now.
I hope so, but since the remakes have been usaly the same games but with updated graphics i don't think so.
Not necessarily. The remakes we've gotten added a lot of new material that wasn't in the originals. The basic plots are still the same, but sometimes there are different details. Pokemon from later generations are always added, and mechanics are upgraded too.

ORAS changed a number of locations, like replacing the Abandoned Ship with Sea Mauville and turning Mauville City from a generic city into a rather unique-looking indoor city. ORAS also fleshed out Team Magma and Team Aqua a lot more than RSE did. You also don't have to pursue Latias/Latios all over the region - s/he joins you after you cross the river on Route 118. Not only that, but the Mirage Island on Route 131 has been replaced with Mirage Spots that are only accessible via Latias/Latios. On top of that, there's also the Delta Episode in the post-game.
Yes, but like you said they didn't change the main story much. Like the X and Y has to go major changes to make it good, but the easiest is make the story interesting