Character creation.

I'm looking for some artists to create characters that I've written for a comic series I'm writing.  I currently trying to write a proper script and I need a render of my characters.  If you're interested please let me know for more details.
Comments23
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
This interests me. May I take a crack at it?
Just a few questions, how flexible is your art style?  The comic characters are military related with a fair amount of detail.
I've been experimenting with line weight recently. I'd say my artsytle it is somewhat flexible. I got a couple stories I want to write sometime next year so I have to differentiate them in appearance. Some of the artworks I've posted up recently were me having fun though.

To be fair, I've been testing the water for more advanced techniques recently. Rendering, hair, and stuff like that.
Are you comfortable with more realistic looking characters.  Like the film Waltz With Bashir for example.
I'd argue the style is more scenic than realistic but I see what you are looking for. Looking at it does remind me of Archer or Borderlans/telltale games.

For the answer, no. I haven't practiced with that style before. I wouldn't mind learning/practicing it and I think I could make it work.
Cool, I'll get to you when I can.
Cool, see ya later then
Sure, I'm still working out the actual characters since my team decided to do story-boarding first.
Just give me a simple description of how they should look like and I'll start right away.
Here are some examples of my art  bug witch by Jillianbeeler   Magnificent maiden character sheet by Jillianbeeler   fire knight by Jillianbeeler   miraculous ladybug by Jillianbeeler Carapace by Jillianbeeler  
Just a few questions, how flexible is your art style?  The comic characters are military related with a fair amount of detail.
Style practice by Jillianbeeler  This is just rough sketch that I did a little while ago I can copy any style that you show me with a certain degree of accuracy.  As for details  I live for them.  GranRa by Jillianbeeler   19th century witch by Jillianbeeler   medieval witch by Jillianbeeler   Pirate witch by Jillianbeeler   Plant witch by Jillianbeeler  
Waltz with Bashir by mahmusx         Halo ODST Character by tobylewin             P New Character Sketches 03 by SilverExcel115   Hqdefault by SilverExcel115   Ae Waltz With Bashir 1080 5 by SilverExcel115  

The style I desire is a more cenic, cinematographic, stylized look.  More human looking proportions, not anime-eyes, lighting and shading depends, but should give off a neo-noir/vietnam look.  The focus is on visual storytelling with emphasis on eyes, facial expressions, and body language, subtle details that can tell alot about a person and his past.  
 Not sure if it’s up to your standards but here’s my best attempt.  Cb7af20a-8101-4d2f-b39e-7c5d9538cc1f by Jillianbeeler  
Did you do that over night?
Yes,  for the most part I finished it up this morning. 
Hi, you messaged me a while ago.  I took a look at your art and it's not bad.  Let me know when you can if you are interested in discussing in more detail about future projects.
Thanks I always try. Sure I’m still interested in doing some character designs for you. Just note me with some information whenever you’re ready to get to work. Including how much it’ll be and how many characters that sort of thing. Looking forward to hearing from you again.
I'm working on their description right now.
You might have better luck with this on the Job Offers or Projects forums.