Closed to new replies
March 8
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Book Cover Help and Book Posting Help

:iconkatiedehaven7689:
katiedehaven7689 Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Hi.  I'm Katie.  I've been on Deviantart for a while now but I've never been in the forums nor really posted much besides art that I do some what okay on.  My strong suit is writing (I hope.  Been a long time since I wrote.) But I'm writing this book and I have it posted on Wattpad but I'd love to post it here for many people to read and help give me feedback.  So my question is how do I do that?

Second thing is I'd love to have a great book cover for it but I'm talent less in the art department. Sadly it'll have to be for free because i have no way of paying anyone. Or maybe someone can give me some tips and the program they use so I could learn to do it on my own. (That would really help for future things.)

And also I'd just like to make some friends on here as well.  I know it's a lot.  (And I'm sorry about that.)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwishingunderthatstar:
WishingUnderThatStar Featured By Owner Edited Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
1. Submit, Submit Art, Enter text or select file from sta.sh. You can select a file to upload but I've never used it. It may involve converting the file or something.

2. There are free tutorials on making nice book covers using Photoshop, Sai, Gimp and the like. If you really want someone else to create the cover, then you need to post in Projects. (You've posted this in the wrong forum anyway. You really do need to read the forum rules before posting)

The audience on Wattpad and the literature community on deviantart are vastly different. In general, the lit community on here aren't interested in flashy covers. As long as the writing is good, that's all they care about.
While in someone's gallery or favourites, if you hover the cursor over literature, the thumb will preview the first few lines of the piece. If your writing has a cover, it'll replace the writing. This means that at first glance, it might not be obvious to viewers whether it's literature or whether it's digital art or the like. Something to keep in mind.
katiedehaven7689 Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Okay thank you.  As I said before I'm new to the whole Deviantart forums and did not know where to post.  Thank you very much for you help.  I really do appreciate it.
:iconpaladinpainter:
PaladinPainter Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2018  Professional Digital Artist
I've made lots of book covers, gotta say that Photoshop is the way to go.
Okay. Thank you. :)
:iconpaladinpainter:
PaladinPainter Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Professional Digital Artist
But ofcourse Cat nods 
:iconwatermarksun:
watermarksun Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
You dont really need art on a bookcover, you can always pick some nice font and stuff :D sadly I only use sai for painting but im pretty sure people use photoshop for that kind of stuff. BTW welcome to the forum 👌
Thanks. Lol.  I mean back when I was in high school I took a Photoshop class along with one in College but I'm still not very good. lol.
Add a Comment: