Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 13
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

A little feedback on my first comic! (ongoing)

:iconwumblebum-arts:
wumblebum-arts Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2018  Student Digital Artist
If anyone's looking for something to read and review, I've got an ongoing comic I've been working on for a few years.

The first chapter taught me a lot of things - I've polished off my art style to make it more compatible, and I've learned the intricacies of panelling and pacing.

However, I'm coming gradually to the end of chapter 2 and I'd like to know what improvements I can make for the next one!

The current improvements I'm going to make are to add a few more details into the backgrounds and to change the style of word balloons.

If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them! Critique on chapter 1 won't be necessary but you can still mention it if you think it'll help.

LINK: tapas.io/series/flirtingwithde…

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconladymarcail:
ladymarcail Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You're improving the comic in the right direction, That's obvious!

speech bubbles do need work. It's a bit tight on the words sometimes, keep some breathing space. You should remove the line that connects the speech bubble to the character, instead do the little tail thing on the end of the bubble. Also maybe try to keep the speech bubbles within the panels unless there something dramatic happening.

Hope these help, I haven't made a comic myself yet so Sweating a little... 
:iconwumblebum-arts:
wumblebum-arts Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2018  Student Digital Artist
Thanks! I'll take what you've said into consideration. I have been meaning to change how I drew the tails, so that will be on my list of things to do.
Add a Comment: