What is your favorite quote/prose in literature?

What is your favorite quote/prose in literature? 

It can be a one-liner or a few paragraphs. 

Sometimes when I read, I get so blown away that I have to put the book down and dwell on it.

-----

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
- The Great Gasby

"You only smell my cologne, but didn't see my sweat. You have your rules, I have my choices. You deny my existence, I decide my future. You mock at me having nothing, I pity how you always keep yearning. You show contempt for my young age, I will prove whose era this is. Dreams are paths destined to be forged alone, filled with doubts and mockery, but so what? Even if I'm all black and blue all over, I will also want to live beautifully!"

I am Zhang Ye.

I'll speak for myself!"
- I'm Really a Superstar, a chinese translated novel

Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hello SoNotCoolDude 

We appreciate when Deviants make use of our forums but it appears that you may have started your discussion in the wrong area. We try to keep things loosely organized by types of discussions and it appears that your thread fit in better in the Books & Comics Forum area so I’m going to move it over there so that might receive more attention.

If the purpose of a forum area isn’t clear you can usually find helpful guidelines such as these. Thank you!
Sorry about it and thanks!