What is your current obsession?

If you're like me, you end up going through intense periods where you are absolutely obsessed with a book or comic. It's all you can think about, when you're online you research them, maybe even you go on Twitter to see if any of the characters have accounts *cough*.

My previous obsession was Dragon Age, but I have now returned to another; The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

Oh my delight and surprise to discover that there were graphic novels out there!

I'm thinking that this obsession will be over in a couple more weeks, and I'll have to find another one. 

What about you? What are you currently obsessed with?
Comments32
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Local folklore and 19th century horror literature. It differs a lot from 19th century horror writings from English speaking countries and it's weird. About portals, underworld, child snapping and skinning of people. Weird people used to live here in this country. And those authors are known for their funny stories rather than describing some odd devilish creatures stealing your children. 
It isn't actually a book or comic, although it has more than enough stories and content to fill a bunch of books- The SCP Foundation. Just trying to get through every SCP is a downright Herculean task, but then there are thousands of stories, experiment logs, joke entries- even entire seperate sites for the enemies of the Foundation

It's very easy to become immersed in the world of the Foundation.

Also, [EXPUNGED]
For the last five years of my life I have been quite obsessed with Frank Herbert's Dune. My collection of audio files extends nearly to half a thousand including podcasts, interviews, seminars, readings, fan music, film and game music. I have more than just audio but it's probably the biggest chunk of my collection. My dad says (partly in joke and partly serious) that I should write a doctoral thesis on it because of how much in depth research I do.
LOL It's not a bad topic for a thesis. There are others who have written them, successfully defended them, and gotten them published. And it lends itself to a wide variety of majors, as well! 

There are MUCH worse obsessions!!!! :)
Star Vs the Forces of Evil.
I have a few... Hetalia, Pandora Hearts, Pokémon and Shakespeare's plays.
just finished hotcakesreader.tetsunosuke.com…

let me tell you one thing: it's a manga you do not want to put down.
I don't think I have a current obsession. Sweating a little...  Before and after the Lord of the Rings films came out I was reading/studying all things Tolkien (I even read most of his drafts for the trilogy). Later I was really into Tezuka's Black Jack because I was interested in medical school during college, specifically in surgery. Currently I'm spending a lot of time and research making my own comic look nice, and trying to find European comics that I like.
The other day I discovered Lackadaisy by Tracy Butler, which is a comic about a bunch of cats trying to run a speakeasy. I read it all in one day, as I had the day off. I really enjoyed it, although I'm not sure it's the kind of thing you might be looking for.
I have my nose glued to my screen reading up and waiting for new issues of  Brian K. Vaughan's SAGA to come out. Space action marriage comic! :la:
saga is unreasonably good. fiona staples KILLS it every month!
Hmm, I'm not sure if it's an obsession but atm I'm listening to You Changed My Life
www.amazon.com/You-Changed-Lif…
And some songs by Regina Spektor like youtu.be/nBnjLsUqYBY or Lacrimosa
ola esto esta de lujo lla veran lo ke tengo preparado
i am currently obsessed with mangas by nakamura asukiko. she has inspired me to draw a new style of manga.
Do you have a link to her work? Google did not prove useful. :(
you can find her works hosted at a lot of manga sites like mangafox or kissmanga...

this is one of it : kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Tea-Ga…
Thank you for that: for some reason Google was not useful. I like the style, I'll have to read more of her stuff. :)
sorry, i think that's due to my wrong typing there... it's nakamura asumiko actually... ^^;
Wow, if that's what she inspires read more! Your work is beautiful!
thank you. i am not really into yaoi, but it's worth the art. i really love her gothic mangas though.
Robert Crumb's book of genesis seriously! Its amazing!!
I'll have to check that out!
Currently, mine is The War of the Worlds. But previously, it was The Island of Doctor Moreau.