New! (sort of)

So I've actually had a DA account for a couple years now I think, but I've only sort of emerged from my lurker chrysalis a few months ago. I'm still getting used to how this site works, a lot of the places I visit seem to be eerily quiet, so I was wondering if this forum would be a good spot to actually meet people and make friends. 

I pop online a little infrequently, maybe two or three times a week, but I have an interest in learning about RP, figuring out how it works and possibly finding some people to try it out with. Particularly I'm curious if some people prefer a style of RP that's sort of like tabletop RPGs, with one person acting as the narrator and the other person(s) acting as the protagonist(s). In any case, any advice on the best way to navigate this site and participate in the community would be wonderful! 

Oh, I guess maybe I should introduce myself a little as well? You can call me Random or Iguana, either works for me, he/him pronouns. I'm here primarily as a writer, I've been practicing art but I'm god awful and there's no way I'll be posting my attempts on the internet any time soon. I've actually already posted a few chapters of a serial story I've been working on, check it out if you're interested!

Ok, I've rambled long enough. Thanks all!
Comments37
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hi there! I'm mainly a Samurai Jack fanartist, but I do more as well, lol. I know, it is a tad quiet. And by a tad I really mean it's very quiet hahaha. Feel welcome to check out my stuff, and I'll see what you've got going. Good luck! Have fun! 

Thanks so much! I confess, Samurai Jack wasn't on my radar as a kid, and I've only seen the final season Sweat Drop But I really liked it! I'll be sure to check out your profile, and lemme know what you think of the stories if you check them out!

Of course, and thank you.

Thank you very much! ^^

Hi there.

I mostly draw female girl OCs ranging from normal girls to robots, and I do everything with Autodesk Sketchbook.

If you ever want a person to talk to, I'm available.

Hi! Thanks for the watch. I love your art, a nice combination of coolness and cuteness!

Thank you for the compliment.

Hi ! Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay ! ;D
I'm a chameleon, I do a lot of different styles (but I'm mainly doing digital works 'cause I'm so far away from home).
I want to be a graphic designer and an illustrator !
I recently made a comeback to DA after a long off hiatus and wow it sure changed a lot ! Exams, ugh. It's one of the reason why I've to go off hiatus ^^'
I love Bleach, I'm a hardcore fan of the manga ~
If you're interested in art advices, you can go here ^^ : forum.deviantart.com/showcase/…
Feel free to ask me questions if you have any !
Stay safe and have fun ! :D (Big Grin)

Hi! Thank you, and a welcome back to you 😁 I appreciate the tip, I am definitely interested in learning more about art, maybe even posting some of my work some day. In the meantime, I’ll check out some of your stuff for sure!

Anytime ♥

Thanks a lot ♥

Hello and welcome! I like to draw and to experiment with different mediums and styles, but I mostly draw manga and anime. I also occasionally write short stories.
Nice to meet you, have a great day!
Hello! I’ll check out your stuff, what kind of stories do you like to write?

A bit of everything really, I focus more on art though

Yo! Nice to meet you! I draw and animate stuff.
Nice to meet you too! 😁
Hello and welcome here!
Feel free to check my works if you are interested in semi realism and mechs(still heavily learning):D (Big Grin) :D (Big Grin) 

Ooh mechs are cool, I’ll take a look!

Hello and welcome back! It is nice to meet you, I'm a cloud/nature photographer. =)