Hello I'm kinda new here and I have few questions............

The last 4 days have been nothing but me questioning the features of this website and wanting answers...
1.) Why the heck are people giving me Llama badges? What are they and why? I've looked it up online and I'm still confused, are they important or not?
2.) What am I supposed to do with these badges..? I mean I found out that you could actually get points from them by giving them away, so what else? Which leads me to this..!
3.) What are the points for exactly? And lastly...
4.) What are pageviews? Are they counting how many people have viewed my page?
I'm sorry if sound dumb in this comment, I'm new here and thought I could make a forum about these questions.
Comments6
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Comment Flagged as Spam
Looking back on it, yeah I have to agree with you there Sweating a little... 
1. They're not important or worth anything, they're just a kind gesture. You can give them to others for free, or return the favor to someone who already gave you one. There are different variations of them, like Albino Llama.
2. You don't do anything with them. You just give them to others if you want to as a way to be nice, or I guess you could collection the variations of them. That's about it.
3. Buying things, you can buy commissions using a certain amount of points rather than real money.
4. I believe they are the count of how many people viewed your page.

I could be wrong about some of these answers, as I'm not a committed Deviantart member and don't really know much about it, but I believe I answered right. I may have forgotten to mention some stuff, but those are the basic explanations.
Thank you for the reply! :happybounce: Hug 
No problem, glad to help!
Hello and welcome!
1) Llamas are kinda of collectables. They are a way of showing someone that you like/respect him and/or his art! Some people also change Llamas.
2) From what I know so far, badges exists to be displayed on your profile.
3) Points are the DA currency, that you can use to buy art, Llamas or give to other artists.
4) Not sure :'^)