Hiya! Rejoining DeviantArt

Hi there! I'm Kaleido, and I'm back to joining DA!

Just out here looking for friends, to improve my art, and some tips on commissions!

I've opened commissions and would like any tips on getting noticed and such. Anything would help a lot ^^

I'm new to a lot of Deviantart and hoping to learn to use it efficiently so please let me know of anything I 'd need to know

Thanks in advance! 
Comments34
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
hey, you have very cool drawings. that style...do you come from tumblr, by the way?
I do have a tumblr, but I find it hard to gain traction on it if you don't have a decent following ^^"

and thank you! that means a lot :>
Hello and welcome back to DA! Nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you as well!
Hiya! I'm good ^^ You?

Doing fine as well - soon it's Easter holiday! :la:

I just finished all my university exams ^^ holiday time for me as well :DD

You've finished your exams? Lucky :XD: My mock exams and exams are in late April / beginning May...

View all replies
Hi and welcome back to DA! I don't know a lot about commissions, but I agree with the advice you got already on how to get noticed. I hope it'll help you. I hope you'll enjoy it here! :)
Thank you! I hope I do as well :>
You're welcome! 
:D Hey hey: welcome to DeviantArt!

I'm Kells, and it's a pleasure to meet you :hug: . I quickly went through your commissions and would suggest that $20 be the maximum price of your artworks. My general rule: if you can't sell your artwork for at least minimum wage in your area, then it's not worth commissioning your artwork. Keep in mind that your skill also has to be up-to-par with your price.

To get noticed around DA, you can...
  • Be active on the Forums. Simply saying hello and complimenting other people's artworks will surely make them visit your profile.
  • Join multiple, popular Groups and submit your artwork to those Groups. If you take a look at the footnote beneath my message, it indicates that I'm Admin of 3 Groups. All-Art-Wanted and TheDigitalWorldOfArt would be more than happy to present your artworks (be sure to read the rules though)!
  • Comment, favourite, and/or watch other people. They'll want to say thank you and, in the process, may make them browse through your artworks as well.
  • Join multiple contests. When you win a contest, you'll gain a lot of recognition for winning: it's worth the chance! Be sure to check out contests that suit your art style.
  • Be humble and kind. Nobody wants to hang out with a snob.

Feel free to send me a message any time if you have any further questions or need a friend! :)
Hi there! thanks for the helpful info~

I will definitely consider your ideas for commissions, and all the other helpful info of course!

Also in other notes, I got a commission! so I'm happy about that :D
:D You're welcome!

And congrats on the Commission :) .
Hey there Kaleido, welcome back on DeviantArt!

I hope you're okay.

I checked you gallery and that's some nice art you have! ^^
Thank you! I haven't posted any of my new stuff since I've been back, but that comment is much appreciated :>
It's okay don't worry, take your time. ^^
Welcome Back!
Thank you! I'm hoping to make my stay here a lot longer than last time ^^
what's happenin there little bro, how are you doing