I'm baaaaaaaack

After not using dA for several years I've decided to give it another go, or at least attempt to, because I just can't find any other sites that offer everything I'm looking for all in one place and I'm tired of using half a dozen different sites.

So, how's everyone been? How's life? What sorts of projects are you all working on? Tell me about yourselves!

Here's a few of my recent pieces:
Shae Flat Patterns by Katy-L-Wood   Vivian's Kitchen by Katy-L-Wood   The Amethyst Corpses by Katy-L-Wood  
Comments33
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Welcome back!  I just recently came back, myself, after a ~2 year absence.
Having a Good Time Dudes!
Hi welcome back to the greatest dying art site :D
What kind of artz and styles do you like
I like all kinds, from fantasy to semirealisms

Hope you enjoy your stay here :D
I work mostly in semi-realism and a flat comics style.

Thanks!
cool i like comics too, just posted my first one but mainly do fanart, space and horror artz
Yes, welcome back.....beautiful work!  I don't suppose you have any photoshop tutorials? 
I've only got one tutorial right now, about using Google Sketchup in conjunction with Photoshop to help create better backgrounds, and that is up on Youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHrCFd…
TY very much...it's already in my watch list!
Salutations. I don't have much exposure with other social media sites. So now I'm curious to know, what does DA do that other places don't? What makes DA more of a "total package" than some of the other places you've checked out?

Let's see...life's pretty good. I got a full-time job this year. It's not in the arts, but I'm glad to have a sense of stability these days. I'm thankful for that. On my spare time, I paint watercolor and jog. As for projects, I'm working on a commission for a large painting. If you know much about horse anatomy, feel free to drop some tips. For now, I'm doing sketches and practicing horse anatomy.

How's life going for you?
It supports art and literature, it has things nicely organized and separated, there's no stupid algorithms to beat, and it has options for monetization via prints. Those are the main reasons.

Yay full-time job! Stability is great.

Iiiiiiiiiiii...know nothing about horse anatomy. Weird spindly finger-legged creatures.

Life is pretty good! Busy with a lot of different projects. I've got a webcomic going right now, and I'm working on a few novel projects.
When you put it that way, DA does have a lot of neat tricks around here.

Oh well. I figured it was worth a shot to ask about horses. When you say "weird spindly finger-legged creatures", are you still referring to the horses? Or something else entirely?

It's good to stay busy. It keeps you out of the trouble, right?
Horses. Anatomically, what we think of as their legs are actually mostly equivalent to fingers. Because horses are weird.
When you put it that way, I don't think I'll ever be able to unsee that. What [Supernatural] 
Right? It's knowledge that just doesn't go away.
You're welcome! :) (Smile) 
Hello, and welcome back!!! :la:

How're you? :) Excellent artwork, by the way! :D
Thanks!

I'm good. Busy on half a dozen different projects at the moment.

Glad you like my work!
Hello and welcome back! :-)
ATM I'm drawing a cat :-) Traditional realism, as always. I'm that person who loves nature, animals and to draw animals & nature... And to discuss different topics like politics, society today, etc.
Yay cats! Can't go wrong with cats.