Making premium memberships transferable again

I was wondering why premium memberships are not transferable anymore, because years ago, when I moved accounts they were still transferable.

It would be great to have that back, especially since I have 7 months of premium membership, and I would like to move it back to my old account. :)
Comments144
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
While I do understand why they might have removed it (username changes etc) I don't think it would hurt to get this option back.
Could be a neat idea i suppose. But it can be abused as well. Suppose a hacker hacks into a premium account and transfers the premium to another account? What then?
The Help Desk would be able to undo it.
I agree with this suggestion. I've been ridiculed for my point of view too many times. I should be a hero for my generosity.

Please may I spread the word about this suggestion? Maybe it'll help the admins see that they are wrong.

We deserve the right to care.
Go right ahead! Thanks!
Oh, please, PLEASE, dA, make this one happen!
I'd give anything to never have to be premium again. The guilt keeps me awake at night. And besides, I like banner ads.

Most people seem to think it's crazy to dislike gifts. So, for those of you who think so, I am not crazy. I simply care about my friends, and want one of them to enjoy the gift instead.

At present, the refund policy doesn't allow premium memberships to be transferred because the admins believe it would be fraudulent to remove a gift that someone else paid for. Well, here's my point of view, which takes several people's sides into account:
It's not a crime if the victim approves of it. In fact, in this case, it's generosity.
Likewise, if a very kind person told their friend, "Just take anything you want from my house," that would be giving, not stealing.

My friend :iconcelticpath: says it's noble of me to feel this way. She says it's the same principle as straight couples who refuse to get married until gay couples are allowed to.

Besides, this policy makes no sense, when you think logically about it. You can refuse gifts in the real world, so why not here? You can regift points, so why not premium memberships?
Sorry about the long comment.
I completely agree with you!! :)
What in particular is wrong with my suggestion.
No, really. Do you just oppose my suggestion because it's from me?
Keep telling yourself that. :pat:
Okay, sorry I bothered you.
How about waiting to move accounts 'til your PM runs out? :shrug: Seems pretty silly to make a new account when your old one still has a premium membership.
Why not transfer it over like it was done in the past? Sorry, but I don't feel like waiting 7 months.
You should have thought of that before buying such a huge premium membership. D: Planning ahead is a very important life skill.
What if you want to give it to a friend? Did that possibility never occur to you?
Well obviously, there's that. But since a premium-transfer doesn't exist, it seems to me the last thing you do when considering changing accounts is buying a 3+ month subscription. Just sayin'. If you're going to move accounts, but it still as a subscription, then just give the old account to the friend.

And I seem to recall you were going to give YOUR account to a friend, but judging by your journals, that didn't work out too well. Enjoying your beta-testing status?
Well, it's only for 5 more months. I'm sure if you lie low you won't get another premium membership when it runs out.
View all replies
Why not just change your username instead of changing accounts? It's pretty much the same effect.
I have an old account that I wanted to return to, that's why. I got premium membership as a gift (when I didn't ask for it), that's why I want to move it over.