SitBack Slide-Show Player Application

Hi Everyone,

You've probably just clicked on the projector screen icon that you are now seeing all over deviantART. Welcome to the Alpha preview of deviantART's newest application, "SitBack".

SitBack is an incredible Slide Show app for browsing the amazing and seemingly infinite visual content on dA, bundled into a really sweet presentation format. If you stopped by our convention booth at either Anime Expo or Siggraph, you may have already seen it in action. :teevee:

You can find SitBack feeds almost everywhere you can find deviations, including:

* Browse/Search Pages
* The Channels Page
* Footer Channels
* Deviant Galleries (including folders)
* Deviant Favorites
* Deviant Collections
* The Collections Browser
* The Daily Deviations Page

The SitBack App launches by default as a popup window, but you can easily expand it to whatever size you like, or even launch it into full-screen presentation mode. You can enable/disable any of the Fancy Slide Show Effects, including the crossfade transitions and the pan effect. It also features keyboard shortcuts, including the space bar (for play/pause) and the back and forward keys (for previous artwork/next artwork, respectively).

Please keep in mind that we are aware of some current limitations in the app. Any early release has limitations, and while we've tested SitBack for quite some time we're sure there are going to be some kinks to work out. The following are known limitations that are not included in this alpha preview of SitBack:

* Literature deviations
* Flash Animations
* Films
* deviantWATCH feeds

If you are having any playback issues, try upgrading to the most recent version of Flash Player, which you can download at [link] Otherwise, if you have any other feedback or experience any strange bugs, please let us know.

Go forth, SitBack and Enjoy!!!!! :wave:

- Mike Halpert
Comments747
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:lock: Necro'd thread
I've noticed it skipping quite a few pictures from the folder/collection/etc. I'm browsing. They're not things that should be too big or two small or anything. It may just be my computer, but I'm not sure, because my computer usually runs everything perfectly...
That these vices should be assembled in ball gowns is a fascination.
I love having a sitback option on the first page XD
hiyaaa,

i really would like the control over how visitors see my slideshow, and hence how my front page looks. :D
for example, i would like every1 to see my slideshows with default settings set to 'crossfade' and 'pan'.

great addition
Ha Ha ha ha det hjälpte inte mig något ha ha ha hhhhaaaaa
Awesome, awesome app. Wish it could take the place of the screensaver so that the full screen isn't restored...is there a way?
A little tidbit:

I found a way to embed SitBack on BBCode-based forums.
It's this [Note: values that I could not put in the query string have been removed]:

[flash={VALUE1},{VALUE2}][link]{VALUE3}&bgcolor=#000000

<embed src="http st.deviantart.net/styles/swf/sitback.swf/v0_9_3_74.swf" flashvars="{VALUE3}" bgcolor="#000000" width="{VALUE1}" height=""VALUE2}" /></object>

Example below will produce a Sitback show if pasted into a BBCode forum with [flash] enabled.

[flash=360,280]http st.deviantart.net/styles/swf/sitback.swf/v0_9_3_74.swf?rssQuery=gallery:autobotcity/1623291&ss=5,3,118&bgcolor=#000000[/flash]

It works all right, but there's no way to view them fullscreen. Also, what does the "v0_9_3_74.swf" on the end of the source URL do?

On a side note, I've also figured out methods for embedding deviations and deviantFILMs into BBcode forums.
With HTML5 features now being used by youtube and vimeo (in recent news) ... will there ever by a version working on just that? Or does the lack of support by other browsers (appearently until now it only works in Safari and Chrome) hold it back? Just a thought.
How can i install it ? it's for free dA member?
I have decided to Embed Sitback in my website. I am curious what tags I can use in the code to change the background color, as there -is- one already param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /> but changing it does nothing.

Also are there parameters to control the options, such as those found in the Gear Icon? I would like to tell it to -start- with panning, transition every 10 seconds, and fill the box.

I have looked, but the DA help on this is nonexistent.

So, my suggestion is, since I cannot find any history of these options, that you allow us parameters to customize how we want our SitBacks viewed by default when embedded.

Thank you for your time,
Still taking suggestions?

Love SitBack slideshow, but I'd really like to be able to randomize the order. It would be great for checking out those 6,000 strong favorites folders people have, or for randomly looking through my own favs :D

Thanks!
You should add a feature to launch full screen mode automatically.
I love this new feature, but there is ne irritating thing.

When u go fullscreen the "display the title en artist bar in full screen" is automatically active, which means that there is a giant big bar in your screen, this should either be:
- disabled from beginning
- or smaller so it doesn’t obscures 20% of the artwork
- or only when u move your mouse when you are in fullscreen mode

Except for that is totally love this one.

Thx