Details

October 16
Link

Statistics

Replies: 106

Do you feel a bit of makeup is necessary for females at the work place to look "professional" ?

:iconolq-plo:
olq-plo Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Do you think going 100% natural looks unkept or lacking maturity or not professional ? 

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner Edited 3 days ago
Professional to whom?

Who are they trying to impress?
:icon88hh:
88HH Featured By Owner 3 days ago
Whoever pays her.  :lol: 
:iconrussian-spinnyman:
Russian-Spinnyman Featured By Owner 3 days ago
Arabian whore.
Hm... it is their duty to please their clients. It is their profession. I can't blame them tbh.
Russian-Spinnyman Featured By Owner 2 days ago
I want blowjobs from Olq Plo Arabian whore I want them now.
88HH Featured By Owner 2 days ago
I wonder how much she will charge you for it
She and hers usually use slaves as currency.
Since you can't get slaves anymore, try with camels.
(1 Reply)
:iconolq-plo:
olq-plo Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Clients, potential clients, bosses, etc
:iconwashusama:
Washusama Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Student Photographer
It depends on if they are front office staff or back office / factory floor staff.

Front office staff should look their best to project the best possible image for the company, everyone should have good personal grooming and look their best , brushed hair , well maintained beard or clean shaven if male , and tasteful makeup if female , perhaps some cologne/deodorant that is not too strong, you know the usual.

Staff that are not in the public eye can more or less please themselves unless it is unsafe to do so (no long flowing hair/beards outside of a hair net near food prep areas or heavy machinery, et cet ... ) within social norms (bathe regularly , perhaps deodorant ...)
:iconbabakosen:
BabakoSen Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Makeup hides your zits and other blemishes. I wish it was OK for everyone to wear the stuff. Nobody likes looking at zits.
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Writer
no, of course not.
:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner 3 days ago
Nope. I really don't think that matters.
:iconsockhiddenunderarook:
sockhiddenunderarook Featured By Owner 3 days ago
No I don’t think that. 
:icongpad:
GPAD Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Student Digital Artist
For actors or models, probably. Typical office lady? Up to them.
:iconshoddyshades:
shoddyshades Featured By Owner 3 days ago  New Deviant Professional Digital Artist
idk about make up but considering the fact that alott of people have some level of disregard for hygiene..some guidelines need to be stated like
- dont wear an obnoxiously pungent or loud perfume,
- clean clothes
- dont stink or wear clothes that kinda dank 
- don't let your hair be a hinderance for your eyes

its not hard to follow these basic things so..yea

this was for white collar jobs ofc, idk whats the scene in blue collars.
:iconambergriselement:
AmbergrisElement Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Traditional Artist
A well-groomed appearance is a must, but I don´t think make-up is necessary. I would  have some difficulties to take a woman seriously who puts so much make-up into her face like a clown, even at her work-space.
:icontinselfire:
Tinselfire Featured By Owner 4 days ago   General Artist
No.
:icondaritha42:
daritha42 Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Not really necessary.
Though, it may be useful when dealing with customers etc. (some people may see it as a necessity and it is a small price)
:iconjcoolarts:
JCoolArts Featured By Owner 4 days ago
Not necessary at all. A job well done is the biggest appearance factor of professionalism.
:iconjeremyrawn:
JeremyRawn Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Professional Writer
Taking care of yourself and your general appearance is of course a must for all employees. Not looking slovenly, that's pretty basic stuff. But makeup in particular? Of course not. Makeup is to cover up blemishes, right? I have loads of blemishes, but I'm a dude. I'm not expected to cover those up -- it's just my lame-ass skin. Why on earth would a woman be expected to cover up hers? I HATE double standards. 
:iconscorbuniis:
Scorbuniis Featured By Owner 4 days ago
It can look nice but I don't think its necessary. 
:iconhappymaphunter:
HappyMapHunter Featured By Owner 4 days ago
Well, yes. To a certain degree at least. 

Women have their standards for upkeep just the same as men. Men would do well to keep a good cut of hair, shave, trim, and maintain a general healthy look to themselves. As for women, it is pretty much the same thing. You should care about how you look as it does show maturity and a level of self awareness. 

On the other hand, make up is not a must. It just helps is all, and some people like to look good. 

When you look good you feel good! And when you feel good you do good!
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Edited 3 days ago  Professional Writer
make-up damages your skin. permanently. it also causes people to age a lot faster (to look a lot older than they really are). it is unhealthy and bad to clog your pores, especially when done on a regular basis (like daily work). once a month a little bit of make-up for a party is fine, gives your skin a chance to recover. anything more than that is definitely harmful.

once you start using make-up on a day-to-day basis, (and keep doing it for some years), you no longer look good without it. you have to keep buying make-up products just to look semi-decent.... :no: thats such a waste of money....

some people have the benefit of good genetics and amazing skin that can take a lot of abuse. most people don't. i know if i started wearing make-up regularly my skin would dry up really fast and lose color.
:iconhappymaphunter:
HappyMapHunter Featured By Owner 3 days ago
I bathe in virgin blood...
Makes all the repairs I could ever ask for. You should try it some time Kaizen! ^^
:iconhacker-the-hedgehog:
hacker-the-hedgehog Featured By Owner 4 days ago  New Deviant  Digital Artist
no, i think it shows confidence. even a woman who wears makeup can show confidence, nobody needs to wear it if they don't want to.
:iconmagnifulouschicken:
magnifulouschicken Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Student Traditional Artist
No. Makeup is frivolous. My face is perfect just the way it is.

I hate sexist dress codes in general tbh.
:iconkarren-san:
Karren-san Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Student General Artist
I think that makeup can make a woman look too old for her age sometimes. Also I don't think that it's necessary at work, I think it shouldn't be necessary in any situation. If a girl wants to go without it that should be fully accepted 
:iconfat-punisher:
Fat-Punisher Featured By Owner Edited 4 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
it doesn't matter what you wear or use make up or not.
we are always unfairly judged on our appearance. 

if you're ugly you'll just be treated like shit regardless of your merits of abilities or anything else. 

if you're ugly people will accuse you of not "grooming" yourself even if you do groom yourself.

if your hair isn't straight you'll be accused of not washing it.

The standards for women in the work place are ridiculous and need to be reduced to the same standards that we hold men to.
:iconaggressivesparkle:
aggressivesparkle Featured By Owner 4 days ago  New Deviant Hobbyist
As long as someone is groomed, then no, makeup needn't not be 
:iconhelpmeisuck:
HelpmeIsuck Featured By Owner Edited 4 days ago  New Deviant
To be honest no. But sadly appearances matter a lot when we talk about a job, so it would depends on how you look with and without makeup. In my personal opinion, I don't think that because you don't do some specific thing with your appearance your capacities or maturity are less, but since this is the... working world? Apprearances are a thing :(
:iconvonribbeck:
vonRibbeck Featured By Owner Edited 4 days ago  Hobbyist
I don't. If anything, wearing no makeup would be more professional in my eyes. Although it is perfectly okay to wear any make up, or anything one wants, at the work place as long as it is reasonably chaste. And that goes for men and women.
:iconjinxremoval:
JinxRemoval Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Uh no :smoking:
:iconmidnightdj-sk:
MidnightDJ-SK Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Student General Artist
Nah, professional means you get your job done in the allocated time, looks be damned.
:iconthe-dork-side:
The-Dork-Side Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No, I feel it's more the opposite. If you're willing to go without makeup, it shows you're more practically minded. You wont sacrifice comfort and safety for something like appearances. Like maybe it's because I'm a woman who is used to working in places like warehouses and around a lot of machinery but I always cringe when I see a coworker walking around in loose, flowing clothing and hair that can get caught in the machines and nails so long that she can't even use a terminal properly without having to hunt-and-peck across a keyboard. How you gonna grab a loose tool or something from under a conveyor belt in a dress and heels hmm? And don't come crying to me if you get too close to the robot and it scalps you because you thought putting your hair in a bun would be too "ugly."
:iconthecandyrosebud:
TheCandyRosebud Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Well,I think makeup helps you look nicer.Not to say people don't look nice without makeup,but I think makeup helps to bring out your beauty.I feel like I look like some 12 year old without makeup who's very pale.
:iconteeyu:
teeyu Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Well...I literally look like a 15 y.o still going through puberty when I'm not wearing any make up so...I feel like wearing a little bit of bb cream helps make me look slightly more like a respectable adult...at least dudes are more willing to treat me like one instead of trying to talk down to me :I
Doesn't mean I think everyone should be wearing it though. It's not really a necessity. But make up is a neat tool to have in your arsenal, I guess.
:iconclouddander:
Clouddander Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Def not if the job has nothing to do with makeup. Whatever the job is, its probably not going to pay me enough to have to research something I don't care about in order to look "professional".
:icongbhydra:
GBHYDRA Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
No.

On another note, curly hair or long hair (on men) is considered unprofessional... like, what the hell?
I'm sorry sir/ma'am (boss), but I was BORN with this type of hair, and your solution is:
for men - cut it short
for women - make it straight, or tie in a ponytail

The important thing is... if you can DO YOUR JOB and not scaring customers away, WHO CARES ABOUT MAKEUP AND HAIR?
:iconfat-punisher:
Fat-Punisher Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yes. My hair isn't entirely straight and yet, I've been accused of not washing it simply because it was sticking out a little.
:icongbhydra:
GBHYDRA Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I feel you.
I have curly hair and have been asked why my hair looked messy, and I told them curly hair was supposed to be like that (I was wearing hair gel, and it make my hair look shorter).
So their solution? Cut my hair... again!!
Looks like some places don't like their employees to have or show curly hair.
:iconaffinitydinaur:
AffinityDinaur Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Student General Artist
It varies
88HH Featured By Owner 4 days ago
The answer is no. It is necessary only if you are a prostitute or a "model".
PAARRTY! PARTY!

KHAWA!
DISCO DISCO LEBANON!
Smelly puffy haired prostitutes for everyone!
https://youtu.be/QwgrXbDuyAo
Why are white people singing arabic song? lol
Those are Arabs you fuckin idiot.
You ever seen a white person before?
bruh. they look white to me :shrug:
(1 Reply)