Ever fasted? (Went without food)

Why did you do it? How long did you fast for? Did you lose weight? What did you do if you did feel hungry?
Comments139
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Nope but I had an Iraqian friend in school who did that as part of her religion

I don't know how people can do it though D: I HATE being hungry and I love food too much ;; I guess drinking lots of water helps? :confused:

Nah. If you are talking about the Islamic fast you can't drink either. 

I know I couldn't lol.

I've fasted for surgery and a few blood tests. 
mhm.
it usually happens after the winter holiday season when I've been stuffing my face full of food for about a week. After the holidays my body just tells me to stop consuming. I feel physically full to the brim for a couple of days so I don't eat anything because it feels like I wouldn't have anywhere to put it even if I tried.
I start feeling slightly hungry again during the 3rd day or so....that's when I go back to my regular consumption schedule. :P
Just for fun. I skipped food for about 30 hours.
Not really hungry, but I felt weaker and dizzy the other day. But it actually got worse when I ate something again.
I've done it once or twice for blood samples.

Sometimes I just don't get hungry. The longest I have gone without food was two days.
Yes.

Fasting is for health.

No you dont lose weight through fasting (*). Try sports instead. And switch your diet to things that have good satiation, like for example potatoes. Maybe try interval fasting, apparently that works very well for many.

You dont actually feel hungry longer than the first three days. Doesnt mean you dont think about food all the time though. And feel damn weak all the time.

You really need to force yourself to drink a lot, and get magnesium and calcium, during fasting. If you do both, its much less discomfortable; its really a world of a difference.

(*) I mean you do, but you get restored to old weight pretty quickly afterwards.
yes, as a muslim. on a whole month once a year.
Thats not really fasting though, more of a weird unhealthy practice of not drinking and eating during the day, but doing so at night.

If I was muslim, I would refuse to "fast" this way, and at very least insist on drinking water during the day. Then it would be interval fasting and would be healthy.

Btw water requires no actual digestion activity.
lol I love how savage this reply is.
No. I don't think I can fast safely, not even intermittent fasting.

I just eat if I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I don't eat midnight snacks either.
nah cause my family bugs me 247 to eat so no forgetting about it
unless were talking like eating a lil bit but not much? then yea ig i do fast lol, i just never have appetite Big Fool Emoji-09 (Whatever) [V2] 

also im one of those no weight change ppl so yeah
im at a constant 52-54 kg no more no less

Haha yeah my dad likes to make sure I get something to eat too but I do the same with him. Sometimes though I just don't want to eat, I rather do other things XD

Yes, not on purpose I just forget to eat or sleep for days. Don’t do it, very bad for you and fainting or feeling like you’re going to faint is not good or fun.
I had an undiagnosed thyroid condition in 2015 that cut my appetite severely and I probably lost a hundred pounds over a month and a half. During that time, I went two straight days without eating but most other days, I would only eat some toast or Fig Newtons and a protein supplement drink.
I went without food for 3 days because I had a bad inner ear infection and couldn’t leave my bed without getting a dizzy spell. Otherwise, I’ve fasted for religious/spiritual reasons only once, for 24 hours. That was more because I wanted to dedicate time to prayer without any distractions, so I went out to our cabin in the woods all night and all day with only a jug of water.

I lost a bunch of weight after the 3 days, but gained it right back once I started eating normal again. Only 24 hours obviously I didn’t lose any weight.
Why did you do it?
Probably factors of: forgot, too busy, too tired/lazy (rather sleep) than eat.

How long did you fast for?
I think longest was about 3days? I know ~52hrs without food is kinda normal for me.. Sometimes I just forget... I wouldn't call it fasting since it's unintentional.. 

But I have done some intentional 1day fasts for charity or whatever.

Did you lose weight?
Maybe? It's generally not my intention to lose weight through fasting, so I don't track/record it..

What did you do if you did feel hungry?
I think if it's around 2.5-3days I'll get hungry at some point..

But for me, I get random hunger pangs for maybe 5-10minutes and it's gone. So if I don't have the chance to eat during the window (e.g. I'm working), then I won't be hungry for maybe about 5-10hrs? (Hence why I "forget" to eat). ..then b/c I don't eat, I'm tired.. so I'll just sleep and not have dinner.. then the next chance I get to eat could be dinner the next day (if I'm busy at work, or rather sleep during my lunch break than eat ^^; )

If I'm trying to lose weight and I feel hungry, I'll probably sleep.
But sex works too. The signal for satiation (whether it be from food or sex) is the same. So if you have sex, your brain will (temporary) feel "full" and not hungry. 

30 hours for a worldwide fundraiser. 

That's a long time :O