Ever got shitty smartshamed highschool moments?

*Ever got to endure from people for humiliating your intelligence? Mocking can be disrespecting even the person who said it to you didn't apologized for it

*Yes sure you can really ask and tell stuff for curiosity of like minded. But when it comes to ignorant,peer groups, they liked to joke it off too much or stare at you for oblivion.

*Ok it depends on what talk it may be. I can just shut up. But to be fair if I had to tell something that will compliment me, like speaking English as a 2nd language to them, they back off say things like:

-nosebleeding on hearing that
-wow you're an intelligent one here

Isn't it supposed to be encouraging their liked expertise instead of shaming them for half a decade? This is some common issues
Comments62
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Nope. I was frequently insulted and mocked for my stupidity instead.
I’m not smart mathematically speaking. I’m amazing in other subjects but not math. Not by a long shot. So in highschool I got put in this remedial geometry class that honest to god was hot garbage. Not by the teacher but by the students. I’d always walk out with a migraine and the teacher knew and would let me leave to study or do work in the halls. One day the teacher was shouting at the kids since yeah they were being rowdy shits and when I vouched some little asshole decided to say “if you’re so smart why the hell are you in here?” Oh I wanted to wring him out.

I suck at math too

Good thing your teacher gave then a better treatment. My friends are like that but morely eccentrically weird to hang out

The teacher was great and would always help me out when I really needed it or let me rest in the nurses office when I got a migraine.
My teacher of russian language aggreed with me when I said that she clearly doesn't want to see me on lessons, because I fix her mistakes and embarrass her. i got two years of highschool free of russian language classes, lol. Looking back, that would probably be offensive, but staying at home beat all the odd.

Hm

As in what way did you embarass her? :thinking:

She made a grammar mistake. Numerous times :'D

Oh

I can relate those struggles of teachers wanting their students to speak 2nd language. My class mostly use native language tho to communicate clearly :)

I'M RUSSIAN wheeze and she's too. That was her native language, and she was making grammar mistakes.

Thats frustrating to hearUltimate Facepalm

accurate picture

I was great at some things, much greater than all the other kids. At some things however, I was so lousy, much lousier than all the other kids.
We had a system among each other: I made their essays and their Latin tests. And they made my math homework.
We appreciated each other that way, so no, no brainshaming where I was. 
Oh nice
Despite of my friends being mischievious, redeeming each other would be a better option

Yes, it was better. It allowed us to see the qualities and flaws in each other, and making the best of what we had.

Got an essay, the teacher did not think I wrote it, I asked her for a piece of paper, a pen and three words to compose another story in an hour. She refused, refused to let the composition qualified and to let me use my compositions to raise my grades, she also used the “I do not understand your writing” as an excuse to not qualify my stuff, other teacher had to do it. Nobody else had that issue

That story got me an award months later... 😂😂

I do think there is a reason tho, she was a 23/24 recently graduated substitute teacher and I was A 17 year old girl... she did not see me as a student probably. I was glad when her substitute days were over
Omg I experienced something simmilar!! :lol:

Must have been a phenomenal work you produced then!! :D
Substitute teachers are the worst, specially young ones. They fear being disrespected, so they try to assert themselves as the dominant dogs, using their position to abuse.

I did not have time to disrespect her before this issue, but others did, she had a chipmunk voice and a fail frame... and teens smell weakness like sharks smell blood

Ooo yea but people who do that in general are weak imbalanced people. People who abuse power are covert or overt narcissists with agendas!!

Exactly!! It's so bloody sad it has to be that way in the schools. I was talking to my cousin about this today, seems the system perpetuates the same failing points in most ways across the globe. There has to be a better way to teach and learn to foster mutual respect in the process.

I better think those teachers need to put morely into persuasion rather than convicting to oneself
Well that makes sense
Sort of, people used to think I was cheating when I always turned in my tests in way before everyone else
I always turned it in later to be absolutely sure to check my work