Details

June 29
Link

Statistics

Replies: 96

How to avoid mental breakdown ?

:iconholyass-of-saby:
Holyass-of-Saby Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Pretty much everyone has experienced it I suppose.
What do you do in this situation or how do you avoid it?

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconalevesper:
AleVesper Featured By Owner Jul 5, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Get lots of sleep, eat healthy, and stay hydrated. Medication really helps too.
:iconkirkeaar:
kirkeaar Featured By Owner Jul 4, 2020  New Deviant
Do the things you like, try to avoid bad people and so on. If you have a busy day, sleep regularly, take care of yourself, eat many times a day, drink water not too much other things like cafe or even tea. Use cat thyme (allheal, valerian) drops, If not able to sleep normally, they are over-the-counter drug. If you are working with computer or screen all the time, make sure to rest your eyes, by watching in to the horizon (into the distance, unfocused).
:iconcaggon-is-5360:
Caggon-is-5360 Featured By Owner Jul 3, 2020  New Deviant
you don't. you confront it with meditation and doing activities that keep you on the edge
:iconthemisterman2:
TheMisterMan2 Featured By Owner Jul 2, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I havent had one in a while, and I think this will be the last post I respond to tonight before I go to bed.

Perspective helps me deal with them. I recall the first one I had, where I had no perspective and just went with the break down. Which in that instance meant walking away from school 3 miles home to the woods and sitting in the rain until night fall.

After that failure... I found a way to deal with it. That works for me, but I feel as though everyone has to find their own way. But maybe my words can help, if I should be so lucky.

So when Im about to have one. I just let them come, knowing they will eventually be over. I resign myself to the fact that this is what my brain is doing right now and there is nothing I can do to stop it, it has to run its course and it will in time. I dont try to hide away, or run from it like I did, I dont ask why and try to force my thoughts away. I let all of the bad and horrible things I can think up flow like a busted dam. But I dont focus on them. I just hear them when they come for what they are. Just thoughts. And there's nothing inherently bad or good about them unless I decide so. So I dont. They come like noises, tire out and fade away. The best thing I have found about being in a bad mood, is that you know one day your bad mood will end. And for me my bad mood only goes on as long as I call it a bad mood, or as long as I yhink "will this go on forever?". I've just gotten really good at not thinking it will go on forever, or that its bad.

So when a hailstorm of thoughts that makes me want to cry and scream is onset, instead of running away like I did before or trying to bury them I just enjoy the lighting while it comes. And bad thoughts are kind of just like lighting in a way, they only hurt you if you get hit by one. But they can create a little bit of humility if you let them, like the lightning makes a little light in the darkness. 

I mean its weird. For me when there's something wrong with being angry, anxious, scared, tired, exhausted, at your wits end, done, sad, and all those other things it only makes them go on longer. When there's nothing wrong with it, it just sort of goes away. Like a dog who barks only when you look at him. 
:iconsparky-muse:
Sparky-Muse Featured By Owner Jul 1, 2020
If mental breakdown is inevitable:

Accept it.
Embrace it.
Beat it into submission.
Make that breakdown your pet.

oops, sorry, I meant,

Accept it.
Embrace it.
Own it.
:iconspaniardwithknives:
SpaniardWithKnives Featured By Owner Jul 1, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Reorganize your life, your home, your chores

Exercise

Read, do art

Better your diet, what we eat affects our mood too
:iconfusernien:
Fusernien Featured By Owner Jul 1, 2020
Excercises regularly throughout the day till your too tired too think about negative thoughts
:iconsmashfang:
SmashFang Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020
I... don't avoid it...?
:iconjachalke:
Jachalke Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Depends on what caused It I suppose. Not sure if it can really be avoided for people who have them frequently, but I think it's just something you have to endure. Maybe go for a walk and try to relax as best you can, that's what I do at least when I'm overly stressed out.
:iconelviracheyenne666:
ElviraCheyenne666 Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Take meds, therapy, try to calm down.
:icontim-in-a-box:
tim-in-a-box Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020
Never had a mental breakdown
I color a lot, maybe it's because of that, try it
:iconscotttoms:
ScottToms Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
take deep breaths, do something relaxing.
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020   General Artist
I'm indifferent to the situation until the situation has passed.  most times I lose interest and don't have one.  I've spared myself many times now.  it takes awhile but one can reach this level, meditation, therapy...
:iconp-code-art:
P-Code-Art Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Talk to a friend about what you're feeling, or look at pictures of cute kittens and puppies
:iconrainbowdoodler209:
Rainbowdoodler209 Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Listen to relaxing sounds from nature, or look at funny cat videos.
:iconnicolettethestrange:
Nicolettethestrange Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020
Animals and nature help a great deal.

And walking. I feel like if I keep moving, I am moving through it.
:iconmelianmarionette:
MelianMarionette Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
ice cream with candy sprinkles
:iconcmg-simplestuff:
CMG-simplestuff Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If you start to see signs of one, perform a forced restart of the mental processor. After rebooting it should be fine
Not shutting down may lead to processor damage and data corruption

Jk, engage in activities you like once in a while
:iconpriyan26:
priyan26 Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Student General Artist
If you're some sort of a writer..write down things..things that matter..tidy ur room and paste nice and positive posters in ur room..drink tea or coffee and listen to some calm country music..or read stories
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Professional Writer
engage in activities that make you happy. drawing or singing sometimes does that for me :shrug: it doesnt always make me super happy, but it does alleviate strong negative emotions. sometimes it can really calm me down. also what others have mentioned: take care of your physical health (sleep enough, eat healthy, exercise, keep your home clean). a good physical health promotes mental health.
:iconphil-n-deblanc:
Phil-N-DeBlanc Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Professional Artist
I post here then blame all my breakdowns on dA. People understand !!!
Lmao
:icontriagonal:
Triagonal Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Hobbyist Artist
What is a mental breakdown? What does that look like from the outside, and how is it different from everyday life from the point of view of the person having a mental breakdown? Is it just an angry reaction, an altered state, what is it?
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Professional Writer
(imo) it's basically when you lose control over your own mind. really makes it impossible to complete basic daily life tasks, because you can't think clearly while youre going through something like that. a lot of different things can trigger it and it's different for different people. it can be an angry rage, or a fearful anxious spiral, or incredible self loathing apathy, just to name some possibilities.
:iconheroineadventures:
HeroineAdventures Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020   Digital Artist
I talk to my doctor and take some time off.
:iconart-dude:
art-dude Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Keep as busy as humanly possible, tidy your room, clean your house, repair things need repairing, make sure to do as many progressive tasks as possible, you need to move forwards, make your life better, no more looking backwards, you only exsist in this very moment, the past is only an echo now, its not real, you dont exsist in the future yet, just be present, make sure that future at least functions well, look into yourself, meditation (mindfulness meditation) notice yourself, notice your thoughts while meditating, notice the triggers and reasons why those thoughts happen, learn and realise the way you are behaving, and last but not least, excercise, burn yourself out... with a tidy functional home, and a healthy body, this already releases a lot of human stresses, put that together with always being active, and not taking time to sit around and feel sorry for yourself, in a few weeks, these desperate thoughts you are having will be just an echo in time too! Also try not to take yourself too seriously, life is just a game, you win some you lose some, but its the participating that counts...
Goodluck Holyass :)
:iconsameoldskorpan:
SameOldSkorpan Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020
THIS !
:iconmadrepappagallo:
MadrePappagallo Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
As a grieving widow I am still trying to figure that out myself. I guess sometimes you need to have the breakdown in order to get it out of your system. A breakdown only happens because of all those emotions building up inside.
what if the breakdown continues everyday ...how to stop it 
:iconmadrepappagallo:
MadrePappagallo Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
substances works for me. I smoke to calm down not that I'm recommending that to you. But drugs like tranqs can work too. Try ativan or something like it.
I don't smoke or drink lol
:iconmoeanguish:
MoeAnguish Featured By Owner Edited Jun 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Therapy and medicine. or benzos.
Distractions are temporary and their effects never last or have an impact.
Flagged as Spam
:iconcount-yormahni:
Count-Yormahni Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020
I agree. That shit fucks with his head, makes him so paranoid he sees Vlad and maj0r everywhere he looks. I must forgive him because he is not in his right mind. As Al-hasan al-basri said, "The best attribute a believer can have is forgiveness."
MoeAnguish Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Bruh, it was just a meme to throw you off but the fact that you're so fixated on it goes to show i was right.

Maybe you should take less meth and lead a more fulfilling life my dude. that'd be better than sperging online
Count-Yormahni Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020
Who's sperging my brother? Just Moe! The fixation is his as well.
If you read my post with understanding you will see nothing harmful there. Simply stated, the point was that dA corrupts innocent people. Moe misunderstood, as did you, and he was off to the races. It is my belief that you were more laid back.
I urge you to read the original again, with different eyes. The truth of the matter will dawn on you. Then you and Moe will look less the paranoid fools. Several of "Us" have been sitting back, enjoying the spectacle.
That's a really long "no u" Zarnova.
Count-Yormahni Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020
Now I'm Zarvona?
Maybe, Suy.
(1 Reply)
MoeAnguish Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Eh, that's just my experience my dood.
Flagged as Spam
I mean, i think of it as pretty much the same as any chronic illness. like if i got diabetes, am i just not gonna take my insulin because "it's a shame i have to live like this?" and dependant is a strong word, In my case, i can manage stress well enough without meds, but benzos are for when I'm nearing burn out, which hasn't happened as often this year.
Flagged as Spam
The experts gave me these, actually. and don't get me wrong, I've only used like 1 or 2 pills this entire year. it's not a "habit" of mine and it's certainly not at the point where "i need to ween it off."
Flagged as Spam
(1 Reply)
:iconshesvii:
Shesvii Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Professional Traditional Artist
That's not living your life.
You guys make it sound like I'm addicted to Xanax or something when this is all just Doctor's orders and i take these in healthy doses.
:iconshesvii:
Shesvii Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Professional Traditional Artist
I didn't meant what you do is not living your life.
I meant what he was describing is a poor quality way of surviving.
Not aimed at you.
Ah, i see. yeah, i do agree then. being addicted or dependent on a drug is a problem on its own.
Add a Comment: