Details

Closed to new replies
May 21
Link

Statistics

Replies: 158

Has anyone on the DA forum every turned out to be dangerous for real?

:iconmelianmarionette:
MelianMarionette Featured By Owner Edited May 21, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
People on the DA forum love to gossip about the dark and evil, or even criminal, intent of edgy trolls or weird DA forum users.  I think that a lot of people write a lot of edgy, weird things on the internet, but are mostly harmless in real life and way less edgy in real life.  I see a lot of accusations though and a lot of worry about certain users and what they write.  I see a lot of stupid predictions or assumptions.    

I was wondering.  Has anyone ever seen a Deviantart Forum person who actually got arrested in real life for doing harm?  Like they got arrested, convicted and sent to prison for the things people say they are supposedly capable of doing or planning?  (like usually they are supposedly some kind of hate crime blgot nazi, or a predator or rapist or molester) 

Has anyone ever done anything other than be an eccentric weirdo wind bag or edge lord or write inappropriate "edgy" opinions?  

Has any DA forum person ever turned out to IN FACT be some sort of horrible, violent monster, molester or terrorist?  Anybody remember an event like that in the history of this website?  

Just curious.  

EDIT:  I don't mean people who make silly threats turning out to be dangerous for real.  I meant people ACCUSED of being dangerous or being a monster, who turn out to be a monster in real life.  Like the accusations and gossip about them being a criminal monster were actually proven TRUE.  

Devious Comments

MelianMarionette Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Closing the thread.  That's enough DArama on these topics for a while.  Heart 
:iconsmithnikova:
Smithnikova Featured By Owner Edited May 22, 2020
Randy Stair was on here and he murdered several people at his workplace. 

Jonathan Ross repeatedly doxxed and levied death threats, and also expressed his desire to beat and rape children. He's currently in psychiatric care. 
Yeah I already got Randy Stair and got curious about him.
Smithnikova Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
Also SeaDragon666 over in politics is involved with voter fraud.
oh
Well, I didn't write this thread to be a callout on current users of the forum, but okay. I am not sure how anyone would know that for sure, unless he admitted it. ?
:iconrownie:
Rownie Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
there's always one in every platform
Yeah but do we know for sure?  That's what I was wondering, like does gossip turn out to be true?  
:iconfurrk:
furrk Featured By Owner Edited May 22, 2020
@/dollieguts / tearzah or whatever they went by. irl manipulative person and their gf was being rude to a minor off site aswell
also abuser/ self harmed, posted publically with little context

theres also @.Purplekekelceon/ Glitchedpuppet- Irl enabler, abuser, pedo and their husband/s/ r dog fuckers. one is named eevee. fucked up bc of glip. Glip also likes gross stuff and posts it where minors can see :3 wow!!
also kittydogcrystal who showed her 18+ toys :3 she apologizes a YEAR ago and did it agsin :33 woh what a fuckup that was.. big trouble bc shes underage :33

then again im a kiwifarms user, wow peope hate me for literally catching bad people on the site.
"dollieguts" What a name! Hah hah
:iconfurrk:
furrk Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
ya she traces and steals ocs im not surprised
I hate art thieves. That's one that's easy to confirm! I hadn't considered art thieves, but I should have. There are a lot of them on DA, unfortunately.
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Professional Writer
most people i know on dA, i dont even know their real life names, so.... Tenzin Shrug  how the fuck would i know?

possibly the site admins could know more about this (the people who receive and process the reports)
MelianMarionette Featured By Owner Edited May 22, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Several peoples have made this good observation. But it does kinda, sorta support that nobody really can know that their stoopid gossip is true.
:iconidleye:
Idleye Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
I doubt an excon is just going to announce the crimes they've committed on some random forum, as if they are wearing it like a badge of honor. Whether you believe anyone online or not is up to you. For me I could careless if anyone is acting hard or not for any particular reason. Just don't come at me and everything is fair game. 
Yeah I think you are right. No one is going to volunteer stuff, and if it's all mostly anonymous, well there ya go. No way to know.
:iconliterallybeanie:
Literallybeanie Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
Personally I don’t know anyone who was bad in real life, but I mean does Chris Chan count? If not then I don’t know anyone.
The trolls who destroyed Chris Chan were far worse than the man himself. He's autistic and mentally ill, and so not as responsible as those horrid people who manipulated him. Every time someone brings up Chris Chan, I just feel very sorry for him and sad. Chris Chan doesn't count cause he was never on the DA forum.
:iconagnosticdragon:
AgnosticDragon Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
I thought of another one. PeterGriffinislove (aka Manglenn) was an alleged child molester who was banned from DeviantArt in 2016. There was a 22 minute YouTube video laying out his alleged solicitation of minors on DeviantArt and claiming to have figured out his real identity. I am somewhat skeptical because the maker of that video provided no coherent explanation of how she had determined his identity. Here is the YouTube video in question; his alleged real identity is given about 19 minutes in: www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH3icq…
That was before I was active on the forum. Hmm, I don't recall that guy at all. Peoples do callout utube videos? I had no idea. Sheesh.
:iconbi0terr0r:
BI0TERR0R Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Misty and I are listening to the video.  We are big into Jungian psychology, so I am sure we will find it super interesting.  I don't think Randy Stair had a Deviantart account and he wasn't on the DA forum, so it doesn't answer the specific question posed by the OP.  However, Randy Stair was a very creative artist with an overly powerful imagination.  It's directly applicable to the culture of DA and I thank you for the link.  It's interesting that the video is focusing on dark interests and vulgar pleasures.  

It's a perfect link for this thread thank you. I will give a few more edits to this after we watch the entire video.  
:iconelviracheyenne666:
ElviraCheyenne666 Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I’m not sure if Randy Stair had a Deviantart account or not, but he is probably someone you might think of!
Cat nods His story is very sad!
Smithnikova Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
Nothing sad about it. He was a murdering piece of shit who took the coward's way out and if there is a Hell, he's rotting in it. 
Oh. Well I can understand that point of view certainly. No argument from me.
:iconikrines:
IKrines Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Finitfunny/sir spamalot is drug addicct and had spend time in jail. At last according to himself.
:iconspaniardwithknives:
SpaniardWithKnives Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh shit... that one!!. I have seen that one before (if I am not mistaken)
Most have.
Oh okay.  Were people on the DA forum gossiping about that before it happened? 
No.
Oh okay. The theme of the OP was basically:
1. people make accusations about a user and gossip about them and make negative predictions
2. the dark accusations and predictions turn out to be true.
I was curious if anyone knows about any cases where negative gossip of criminal intent about a forum user turned out to be actually true. Your comment does point out that many Deviantart users have some really negative things going on in their real life, that we may or may not know about.
I just remember...

This girl used to go biking and taking pictures and posting them on DA, one day she banished and they found her dead, by a river, I forgot her name. Not a criminal but a poor victim
Awwwh, that's sad!  Yeah I have seen a few cases over the years where a deviant committed suicide.  :-(
Artists are more prone to depression for some reasons and if you add shit in their lives it is a ticking bomb. I have known a few cases but forgot the names
The world is crazy enough, and then shit piles up and not everybody can take the blows live throws at you. Some folks come here to relax and end up being bullied, adding an extra layer to their problems
It is sad, really
It's definitely something to consider when you think about the kind of hateful, vicious DArama that goes on within the DA forum. There's a good reason why @MIstgod and I are working very hard to change some of our behavior around here and how we react to peoples.
:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
There is one I recall from some YouTube video of irl school bulling moving to online platforms. And a girl who had a DA page and drew chibi anime style art. She was bullied heavily by 2 girls from her school relentlessly. So one day this girl's bullies discovered her DA page and then created profiles to harrass her on DA. This drove her to kill herself. I can't recall if she posted her suscide note on her journal or not. But thst incident lead to criminal changes put on her bullies.
:iconshesvii:
Shesvii Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Professional Traditional Artist
I remember that one. I recall the poor girl posting the suicide note online, I may be wrong.
Oh my gods, that is so sad! Yeah someone else mentioned that incident already I think. Cyberbullying can have deadly consequences. It's because it is so pervasive and broadcast to so many people and persistent. It never ends for the victim and now days, with young people, their entire social world is on the internet. It can destroy peoples emotionally.
:iconheroineadventures:
HeroineAdventures Featured By Owner May 22, 2020   Digital Artist
If I acted like my renders I'd be in jail
so there is that

Oops! 

If there ever was a forumer who turned out to be dangerous, you wouldn't hear from them anymore and find out.
Someone else pointed that out. Because this place is (mostly) anonymous, we can't really know who has been arrested and gone to prison. They would just disappear one day. It makes me wonder about some deviants who are not around anymore. Hmmm
:iconshesvii:
Shesvii Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Professional Traditional Artist
:iconthonkplz:
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Professional Writer
lol
Hmm emoticon with pink bow
:iconelviracheyenne666:
ElviraCheyenne666 Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Never heard of anyone on DA being an actual criminal.
Me neither. :heart:
BI0TERR0R Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Would you still go balls deep in their defense if an active child predator spawned from deviantart? 
MelianMarionette Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
No.
That's a stupid question and you already knew the answer. Of course I would not support an actual child predator if I knew for certain that was true. It hasn't happened BIOTERROR, so quit being dumb. Enjoy the video and kawaii maids dancing all cute.
BI0TERR0R Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
You do like to dismiss these sort of accusations tho without any real desire to listen to both sides of the issue, so it's really not a stupid question. It's quite relevant. And your defensive answer tells me what I really need to know.
Add a Comment: