Details

Closed to new replies
November 18, 2019
Link

Statistics

Replies: 256

Would you be happier without a relationship?

:iconss0011:
SS0011 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If so, why? If not, why? I've never been in an actual relationship and I can't say that I really want one. It's hard to tell if I want to be loved or if I just like the thought of love. It feels very unrealistic whenever I imagine being in a relationship.

Devious Comments

:icononaverage:
OnAverage Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No not really. Having someone to just talk to with the comfort of knowing they’re there for you is an amazing feeling. Plus it makes time go by a lot faster (which for me, is a good thing). Just something about that solidified and reassuring presence from your partner brings a lot more happiness and motivation, at least for me it does.
SS0011 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ah, that's really nice. 
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Professional Writer
no... because i am currently not

in a relationship :dummy:

so, not being in one wouldnt make me happier. :meow:
Nice way if saying that
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Professional Writer
UwU thanks!
:icontobee13:
tobee13 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Professional
Legend stay single! But damn! I miss her so much! 
I'm sorry to hear that.
:iconjenniburg:
jenniburg Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i've gone out with a few people and honestly i've learned relationships (at least at the moment) just aren't for me.
i prefer being free and on my own like 99% of the time. things could change but as of now eehhhhhh. kinda overrated if you ask me.
It gets lonely and I want someone to talk to. I guess dating isn't the right thing for that though.
:iconbadgercheese1994:
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Student General Artist
Hell no. We didn't build almost 6 years together for nothing. Me and my fiance have a very good and healthy relationship, and there's no way in hell I would want that to end.
Almost 6 years? How on Earth did you do that?lol
:iconbadgercheese1994:
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Student General Artist
We started dating January 26, 2014. We're getting married May 25, 2020. It will be 6 years by the time we're married. When you love someone, 6 years goes by quickly.
Wow. Congrats! 
:iconplanxtafroggie:
planxtafroggie Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
I’d be happy enough with a girl to talk to without having to marry her.  Seriously, society tends to overhype this whole mandatory marriage nonsense. -_-
I know, the over hype of marriage is annoying. Unfortunately my mom wants me to get married
Ack. >~>
:icondreamynaria:
DreamyNaria Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
no, I'm single and not happy at all!! Who says otherwise is a liar. 
I think you forgot about aromantic people who don't want a romantic relationship. They are happy being alone. Some people also prefer to stay single and maybe they aren't always happy, but being in a relationship doesn't mean you'll always be happy either. You'll find the right person when the time is right. Tbh, it'll happen when you least expect it to. C:
:iconrustycroutons:
RustyCroutons Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019   General Artist
Nah I love having someone to share my life with. It makes things a lot easier too like travelling and just life in general. If he died and I was alone I’d miss him forever and probably buy at least 10 cats.
:iconsavagefrog:
SavageFrog Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
You're plotting to make a cat-human puppet when he kicks the bucket aren't you? :stare:
shhhh don't let anyone know
:iconsavagefrog:
SavageFrog Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
*dials the police*
Good plan for if he dies. I think I need 10 cats actually. Lol. I don't know the feeling of how it could make life easier, but I'm glad it makes life easier for you.
It's easier because I have someone to vent to, love, get support from (emotionally), spend my time with, go on vacations with, and just generally enjoy spending time with. He's honestly the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm so happy we found each other. 
Hmm, I get my support from random strangers online lol. I think I still would rant online even if I was in a relationship. I'm happy for you and your relationship though.
Oh for sure I rant online often
:iconsylviasmothersays:
SylviasMotherSays Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019
I do think I had sex once but I' m not sure.
Oh, well nothing wrong with not being sure.
It was really weird and I was drunk.

Do you think its weird to be a virgin in your thirties ?
No, not weird. I'm almost near 30 and I haven't had sex. I might not ever. I'm not even sure if I want to or not and even if I decided that I wanted to... I'd have to find someone to have sex with. Too much of a hassle.
You are a woman. It's ok for women not to have sex. If women have lots of sex they get called sluts and get a bad name.

If men do not get laid before 18 they get ridiculed and made fun of, bullied and there is pressure for them to have sex.

A man in his thirties who has never had sex is considered worthless.

*sigh* Very true. -_-
Hidden by Commenter
*nods* :nod:
(1 Reply)
It's the stupid double standard. I would ignore it, and you aren't worthless. Men can be "sluts" as well in my opinion and I wouldn't want someone who has lots of sex. At least you still have a high sperm count and that is very valuable. There are men the same age as you who already have erectile dysfunction. If I was a man, I'd be very picky. Even if I had to wait until I'm in my 30s, because some of these people out here are disgusting with no morals.
Do you think women can tell when a guy is a virgin or not ?
Nope a lot of people can't tell if you're a virgin by just looking at you and don't tell them either. That's your business. A lot of jerks will say they're a virgin to get in a girl's pants anyways. If someone asks you how many girls you've been with, just say, "That's my business. I have morals, so body count shouldn't matter. I won't judge you, so don't judge me." 
(1 Reply)
:iconciring:
CIRING Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Nope :) I'm honestly a better person with him. 

I've had multiple, but I was always more at ease with someone by my side. Even LDR was better than no R. 
Happy to hear that! I wish you the best of luck with your relationship 
:iconkookiekakes:
KookieKakes Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Nah, she's an amazing person and she brings a lot of joy to my life. She's really fun to be around. Sadly, she lives overseas and it's gonna a few years until I'm able to go on a trip to meet her, but I can't wait to do so.

Some advice about getting into a relationship I could give is to start out as friends. Getting into a relationship just cause you want one never really ends well.
Trust your gut feeling and don't ignore red flags. This might seem like an obvious one but I've seen too many people stay in a miserable relationship that had some red flags in the beginning that they choose to ignore or brush off.

If you ever get into an online relationship, try to video chat with the person or have them take a picture of themselves holding their username on a piece of paper or something. A lot of people end up catfished when they get into online relationships so it's best to verify if the person is even real.
I'm glad you're happy in your relationship with your gf and I hope you'll be able to see her soon. Thanks for the advice and I've been in online relationships before, but it was always one-sided so it wasn't really a relationship. I've never started out as friends with anyone, because if I see them as just a friend, I wouldn't be interested in dating them at all. If I think someone is cute, I don't wanna be friends. It kind of sucks, because I really don't know how to even date lol.
:iconkirkechan:
KirkeChan Featured By Owner Edited Nov 19, 2019  Professional Digital Artist
I had been in a couple of relationships and as soo as It was starting...I actually wanted it to end. It's just not for me honestly. I don't like the feeling of being own by another person, the fact that I'm not free anymore. I'm asexual aromantic so also maybe that's why.
Maybe that is why since you are aromantic.
:icondumbblossom:
DumbBlossom Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019
dont rly know cause i never been to one lol
It's really hard to tell if you'd be happy or not when you've never been in a relationship. I don't fully know myself. From cyber relationships, I felt pretty stressed out though.
:icondumbblossom:
DumbBlossom Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019
oh, fair enough
:icontriagonal:
Triagonal Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Hobbyist Artist
I would leave mine if I would be.
Lol. Gosh, that's some real truth. I'm glad you're happy in your relationship.
:iconaffinitydinaur:
AffinityDinaur Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2019  Student General Artist
I doubt that
My former BFF's a liar and I never heard about him since. That made me distrust on making another potential friend
I never had a long term relationship right now because I had a selective mutism
Add a Comment: