Replies: 139

Ask a NEET anything

:iconss0011:
SS0011 Featured By Owner Nov 1, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm bored. Ask me stuff. 

Devious Comments

:icononaverage:
OnAverage Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Do you ever stress about getting an education or job or at this point in life, have you just embraced your position to where you may not be the best off as those around you, but you’re content nonetheless? (Basically are you voluntarily choosing to be a NEET lol)
SS0011 Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I was stressed about trying to find a job and my education when I was 17. I still stress about it every so often, but my mom has made it very clear that she doesn't want me to leave EVER. I'm happy sometimes when I don't think about how I wish I was born as a different person with a different family. I didn't choose to be a NEET though, my mom put my life on the back burner for my sick grandparents who died later on anyway (grandpa died in 05 and grandma in 07) during then I was 15 and I never even learned how to drive. So, at this point I'm just waiting for Mom to die next. Even though I'll probably be in my 40s when she does.
:iconminimochisushi:
MiniMochiSushi Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2019
Are burgers classified as american sandwiches or just burgers?
Burgers are burgers. They're not classified as a sandwich unless it's chicken or fish slapped on it.
So you're saying, that chicken burgers and fish burgers are not real burgers unless it's with beef patties.
I never hear anyone call it a fish burger or chicken burger. It sounds too weird. Fish sandwich or chicken sandwich is how we say it in America and it's normal to us lol. Funny thing is hamburgers were originally a sandwich that came from German immigrants.
:XD:I've thought all the time, that burgers originated from Texas.
Haha, nope. They came from Hamburg, Germany.
Alrighty.
:iconhe4rt-br34k:
he4rt-br34k Featured By Owner Edited Nov 3, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i checked you're gallery and i think you're works are good. ever thought of making money by taking art commissions?
what do you see yourself doing 5-10 years from now? 

also, are you male or female? 
I'm a female and I've tried commissions before, but I get burnt out easily. Besides, what's the point of making money when I can't even use it offline? I don't have a bank account and if I bring it to my mom's attention that I have money, she'll just put it in her bank account. Unfortunately, I see myself dead in 5-10 years from now or still in the same situation. 
:iconneiot:
Neiot Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
What does it matter that you're a NEET? Why even bring it up as if it makes you special?
:iconhe4rt-br34k:
he4rt-br34k Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
neetiot

=P (Razz) 
SS0011 Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It doesn't make me special. Some people have made threads in the past like, "Ask a nerd anything" or, "Ask a feminist anything." I'm just a regular person. As a matter of fact I think very lowly of myself.
:iconruitherga:
Ruitherga Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
How do you typically spend your day?
I spend my day drawing, listening to music and maybe watching YouTubers. I also like to browse Instagram, Pinterest, and DA.
:iconemilyldraws0303:
emilyldraws0303 Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I actually go by NEET aswell, though its on discord if youre interested i may add you on there just because of namesake.
Im actually not that much of a NEET myself, still goes outside at times but i prefer staying inside and also dont have a jo and live with parents
I don't really use discord. I'm not always interested in talking to people, so I think it would just gather dust, but thanks for offering anyways.
Flagged as Spam
Not in Education, Employment, or Training
NEET is an acronym that stands for "Not in Education, Employment, or Training". It refers to a person who is unemployed, not in school or vocational training.
:iconfat-punisher:
Fat-Punisher Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
A Neet is a person who doesn't work.

either lives with their parents or collects free government money.
and they sit around playing video games and watching anime for their whole entire life.
:iconsuperangrycrow:
SuperAngryCrow Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2019
So he's a fucking bum then? Good to know my tax money is going to these fucking degenerates like him. CAW!
Not really a bum, just lazy.

What makes him degenerate exactly?

degenerates are people who destroy things right? Tear themselves down. to DE-Generate
He's not hurting anybody is he?
Yeah, he's hurting my money i give to taxes. CAW!
how much of your money is going directly to him though?

Since you live in the USA, I would say a larger percentage of your income is being wasted on the military to wage foreign wars on countries that didn't attack us.

I would rather my money go to helping people than killing them.
At least they're out doing something besides sitting at home all day doing nothing. CAW!
Well I would consider killing innocent civilians to be the most degenerate behavior of all considering your destroying human life, which is quite precious.

I would rather a murderer sit on his ass all day tbh
(1 Reply)
:iconmedusa-the-eternal:
Medusa-the-Eternal Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2019  Student Digital Artist
Are you from the north or south?
The south I think. Idk where Oklahoma really falls under.
South, yeah. I'm from Texas, but I used to live on the border of Oklahoma in a creepy little wooded town called Denison. Anyway, yay! Another southerner from my age range. :dummy:
Ah nice, my family is curious about moving to Texas. Maybe in the future we might. I've been in Oklahoma my whole life and I haven't really learned about the different cities in it. Denison is definitely a new one on me. That sounds pretty sad, I'm sorry to hear that about your older sister. Did she manage to get a ged or something?
She's always talking about getting it, but ironically without a high school education the test can be pretty hard. She's got 2 jobs right now and a kid, so there's not a lot of time to study. I'd help her, but I've been out of school for 7 years and my memory is pretty bad. ^^;
Oh dang, really? I definitely don't have a highschool education and barely of a middle school education. How did she get 2 jobs without a ged? Every place I call to ask keeps saying that I need a ged or highschool diploma.
She found ways around it. At some of the jobs she's had, she'd give them a fake highschool as a reference and give them our dad's number to call when they needed proof. (He'd pretend he was the principal.) Usually, after she's worked at a place for a week, they see what a big help she is and decide they have to keep her.

As for the test, you can definitely pass it if you have the time to study. You really only need to pass it once, so study all you can before you take it and then once it's done you don't have to remember any of that stuff anymore.
It's really hard to study when you have been away from that stuff for so long, but it's not impossible. I just have to do something to improve my short term memory. Well, it was nice of your dad to do that for her lol. I wish I had that support.  Thanks for the advice though. I hope I'll be able to just take the test and pass it.
(1 Reply)
GET.A.JOB! CAW!
Someone should hire me, but they won't. CAW!
Why can't you get a job? Mcdonalds is hiring. CAW!
Every place I go to has a ged or highschool diploma requirement. It's crazy. Also, I can't get a my ged without any money. The test is like $150 something last time I checked. I didn't just drop out of school like some people do. I was in public school till 4th grade and homeschooled till 7th. The problem is that my grandparents were always in the hospital and my mom was so focused on them that she neglected me. After they died, we both just didn't care. It was a mistake that we both made, because I can't seem to get on track.
Medusa-the-Eternal Featured By Owner Edited Nov 2, 2019  Student Digital Artist
A similar thing happened with my older sister. My dad was the homeschool teacher, but after my parents got divorced my dad left and my sister had to watch over us (my little sister and I) while my mom went off and did mid-life crisis stuff. The messed up part was that my little sister and I actually did get to attend school while my older sister didn't.
:icondrikkzee:
Drikkzee Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2019  Student Digital Artist
how long you have been a NEET? and are you okay with that?
I've been a NEET since the required age to be working. So, idk how to really say it. I'm 27 now. I'm half and half. I want to change my life and get out on my own, but at the same time I am afraid that I'm not capable of living on my own. My mental growth has been stunted and I don't even act like an adult.
:icondrikkzee:
Drikkzee Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2019  Student Digital Artist
I hope someday you can change your life, I've been in that state few years ago and it feels depressing af for long term. Good luck!
Thank you so much! I hope I can get my life on track as well
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
How are you affording this lifestyle?
I still live with my mom, so how could I not afford this lifestyle? I can't leave.
Your mom sure is nicer than mine, keeping up with that :lol:
Haha, she's not nice. She's controlling.
She didn't kick you out of the house, though
Unfortunately, my mom doesn't want to kick me out. She just likes to threaten me. I tried to leave, but she actually wants me to stay forever. I begged her to take me to the shelter and she said no, even though she's always threatening to take me to the shelter. So, it's one big bluff. Truth is, I can't leave and she wants to make sure my life is ruined so I can continue to stay and take care of her.
Add a Comment: