Banning Candy Canes

So yeah...  just saw this article today and yes...humanity is getting crazier by the day .

School principal bans Christmas candy canes because “shape is a ‘J’ for Jesus”

Here's a video explaining the origin of the candy itself : thanks to DikaWolf for pointing it out .

Basically , the reasons why people made this claims is because  the origin of the candy cane is a mystery....and when there's a mystery... there's a conspiracy. (:

For those skeptical of the source: www.snopes.com/fact-check/cand…

Next: Banning valentine cards because it's shaped like a bible .

What silly holiday things can we ban next? Give me  your predictions and silly suggestions xD
Comments260
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hmm and I expected this was because kids shaped them into prison shanks.
My thoughts as well xD
YES!!! Let's ban everything! And, then we can all stand around with our thumbs up our asses
living a w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l-l-y dull life. These idiots that want to ban this, that, and the other thing really
P I S S  M E  O F F. They're dumber than a low grade moron and I'm sick of their brainless sh.. :|
Yeah... That's our downfall ... we over-complicate things until we destroy them ..
Candy canes look like penises; cause priests to molest altar boys. Only solution is to ban Christmas and fear fat fuckers in red suits.
That escalated quickly xD
I think there is a word in the Bible that tells believers to eat sweet foods for holidays. So all those cookies and stuff should be banned! Not to mention that Santa is overweight anyways!
Hhaha yeah! Preach! pun intended xD
Plus Santa is an anagram of Satan xD
let's ban easter eggs because they look like grenades!!! 
thats kind of dumb banning candy canes
Indeed.
People like to complicate things that are not meant to be ... it's our flaw as a human xD
Thats RIDICULOUS!
So it’s not because kids can choke on one if they are running around with it in their mouth?

Or because you can make it into a miniature shiv and stab people with it?

Okay. Glad I’m not at that school.
Meh.. everytihng can be a weapon this days xD
That i agree with. But it makes more sense than banning something because it resembles a letter. 

Hang on i just skimmed the article...At least they are being consistent in banning Christmas things in general. But i'm too irreligious for this. How can you ban colours??? Why does it matter? Just let kids have fun. Angry geek girl  
Same train of thought on my part as well... It's not like it's harmful or something..
What the stupid idea! Candy canes has the other story! :
In german, kids when singing Christmas carols, walking from house to house. And they has these candys! Symvolizing wizeman's staffs! 

Letter "J" never be in there!

After few years, we will cant put and decorating christmas trees? What will be next?!!