Camping.

I see camping as spending a lot of money to live like a refugee.
Not worth it.
Comments63
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I slept in an igloo once. 
As a mountaineer and backpacker, i do really love camping. Camp in the middle of nature is refreshing, away from the city for awhile, seeing the sunrise, sunset, and also the stars in the middle of the night, its worth it. Because if there's an adventurer in you, you wont bother sleeping in a tent, living the simple life, its fun for me Blush 
What about the nature aspect of camping?

I don't camp to just sit in a waterproof square.
Comment Flagged as Spam
That's right, you deserve your very own trailer.
Refugee from neurotic civilization.
i luv camping . we go inland to the murray river and find a quite spot .
It is cheap, you get fresh air, and you get some experiences. I would hate holidays spend in 5-stars hotels and shopping to I drop. Active Holidays is more me.
I don't know how you can compare camping to living like a refugee? They don't get marshmallows. 
And also I've never seen the Red Cross handing out food parcels to campers..
I'll give them my blood. 
Not unless you have an RV. :)
My family go to nice campgrounds and use an RV, so it's really fun
Is using a RV really camping?
Some of those things are just like luxury hotel rooms on wheels.

In my opinion it's a nice break from everyday life.
You work 40+ hours a week, just to spend the weekends pretending you are homeless. That is all camping is. It is pointless, and defeats the entire purpose of having a job in the first place. The entire point of working is so you can have a home to go home to.
lol

It's not like you're gonna be camping all the time, it can be a nice change to go sleep in nature once in a while, away from noises and pollution and people although I never tried it, it has nothing to do with being able to afford a home or whatever. 
I do enjoy a bit of a camp. We occasionally load up the bike a head off. Quite good fun.
I love the tranquility, especially if you're camping with friends. Especially if you're in a cellphone signal dead zone, it's a way to escape from stress- do some drawing/reading/knitting/crochet, go for a swim in a nearby body of water, go on a nature hike, take some photos, play some card/board games etc.
Getting a powered site means you don't have to leave your creature comforts behind. Most campgrounds tend to have reliable kitchen, toilet and shower facilities. Camping in an campervan/caravan (US: RV/trailer) means you usually get a proper bed, a sink, a fridge, and a television.
A bit of this does help: Wine (2) Icon mini  
I love camping. Sitting under the stars with a few friends and a nice campfire. Maybe next to a river, that's life.