deviantART Eclipse

Comments126
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
May I suggest that there be a way to unwatch specific group folders?
Not really.
The only way to do that is to unwatch the group.
I said "for Eclipse"
I not too sure since I never try it, but my guess is, it still the same.
I am very afraid of this update mostly becuase I don't understand how much of the layout it changes. And is it permanent? I am very used to this one and while I am not completely against change I'd like to know if this is something you can choose to have. That dark color just makes it look so hollow, and it leaves an 'imprint' after I looked at it after awhile. The dark background and the lightly collored text gives the same effect as if having looked at a bright light and then close your eyes.
It will be permanent just like any other deviantart update they have. They are fixing some issue so there will be for a very while.
Very unfortunate. Read about how notifications are set up recently and I am not happy about that. I saw some pictures of it that someone uploaded. The current way is sufficient, even great, to look through messages of different kind. And the choice of dark mode or light mode is just pathetic. The light mode is blinding and makes it all look so barren and I have trouble focusing my eyes when watching it.

I am not sold on Eclipse but I hope that if/when it is implemented it will be not as rigid as it is being presented now. An entire overhaul is really going to be a problem for a lot of me who are content with what I have and how I can use it. But for those who thinks it can be better/improved and that this Eclipse update will be just that, I'd like more choice to have what I already have with the new.
That understandable, but I mean it version one of Eclipse. Many feature may get added later on
Sooo, I just saw this Eclipse-thing in my notification and besides the fact that it seems to resemble another art-themed site quite much, which I can't know for sure since I'm only here, my biggest concern so far is: Is this going to be a problem for non-core-people who just...I don't know, want to post some art here?
 Because if DA gets to be a "you need to pay to even USE this site" then I have some more concerns here. 
Of course it not a problem for non-core member.
I mean, otherwise their company would go down into the hill
That's not going to happen. Based on what they've said, non-core users will actually gain some features that were previously for core members only.
Oh, thank you so much for replying and putting some Light in the dark for me
I think I’m gonna make it to DeviantArt Eclipse.

I’ll be just fine.
DA saw Artstation, and other professional Art sites and thought, "Damn... I wish we had a layout like that. It would be all professional looking. But, have not too many professionals."

"And we would call it... "Eclipse". You know, to reflect the feeling you will have when you look at the home screen art, and visit the majority of the user's galleries, for too long."
in a nutshell, that what happened
Don't like it, I understand it's still in the beta stage. But in general, I just wish that we'd still be able too use the older DA layout like Reddit. 
If people have a potato PC, that would be helpful to switch to the old layout.
A lot of design issues like the blown-up avatars and giant buttons, from the screenshots I've seen, are likely just coding kinks to be worked out. At least they're giving it to beta testers now, instead of testing the whole thing themselves in secret. ...I mean, I hope that's what it is, and that's it's *not supposed* to be a mobile app blown up on a PC screen. They can't be THAT naive. I'm not a beta tester anymore, so I dunno how the whole feedback thing works, but I hope there's answers on groups and customizing and community stuff. Kinda getting tired of hobbyists always getting kicked to the curb. But hey, no ads!
No ad means the best(ish)
Most bug mention is code related, meaning it will get fixed soon.
It is a good thing they are giving out the beta tester, otherwise, we will be using a broken website. lol
Honestly, I don't understand what they meant with mobile app blown up on PC, it looks almost different to app version...
I think it's because some screenshots showed a lot of empty space between widgets, and the buttons were huge, so some people (and even myself) wondered if it would look better on mobile, but if it's another kink to be worked out, that's fine too.
I don't mind the redesign, I just hope they don't completely butcher the features. From what some people are saying there is a bit to be concerned about. Hopefully people are just reacting dramatically to change though.