Wanna hear my first original song ? -___-

This is the closest I got to writing a whole song ever (it's really a struggle for me to just know whatever the fuck I could I ever even write about, so that's the theme, I was asking people on Discord to help me find something to write about and they told me to write about the struggle itself)

MP3

No Preview
 (also upload it to vocaroo vocaroo.com/i/s0Jv6Qhb8E37 but the lyrics are in the stash link)

I didn't focus on the singing cause I was basically writing and recording at the same time and then cutting the parts I wanna keep, and my mic decided to not work properly anymore in the middle of the process so I gave up before I was content myself.

I didn't succeed at making the transitions between the different parts smooth, I could have at the end by singing everything all over again when I finished wirting the different parts, but like I said the mic died (second one this month) so all I have is this Frankenstein monster.
Comments24
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Songs don't have to be about deep feelings. There's nothing wrong with writing a song about something comedic or simple.
If you need help looking for something to write about just find a prompt and work from there.
It sounds better than expected. For how long have you been playing guitar? 
One year and a half I think ? I kinda ost track of it nut I have the date noted somewhere in my notebook. 

I don't know if you read the OP but this is just different parts I recorded while trying to write the song and then put together in one track, I didn't re-tune the guitar for hours and was focusing on the writing / composing aspect, I didn't have a chance to play it all together yet and focus on guitar and singing cause all my mics died.
10/10 would buy on iTunes
Thank you <3
How nice. You have my respect. I could never bring myself to show off my singing to strangers/also write a song. Talking maybe, but I think your song is very nice. I only read the lyrics because I don't have my headphones currently. I think it's very nice. :thumbsup:
I'm the opposite, I find it way easier to sing to strangers than talk. The other day on Discord they kept telling me to say something and I couldn't so I started singing and playing guitar instead and THEN I found the courage to speak. 
I'm super self conscious about my singing voice. In my opinion, deciding to sing is braver than speaking.
Awww!!! :iconloveloveplz: I love what you do with your voice when you sing, it makes your singing reach the heart!!! :love:

(I also liked the song about your Discord friend, but I like more the way you add "dimension" to the song here, because here, the "instrument" that stands out more is your voice, and on the other song, it's the guitar's melody :love:)
Yeah when the guitar is quite there's more room for doing stuff with your voice :nod:

Thank you.
your guitar is a little out of tune

but your voice is just... wow
Not rlly, olq-plo.
Tbh i have no particular interest.
I've been writing/recording this simultaneously for like 6 hours without re-tuning the guitar, I was supposed to play it nice and clean all together at the end when I have all the parts put together, but like I explained > my last mic died and all I have so far is this Frankenstein monster of the different parts I put together...

Thanks !
I also wrote this about someone when they left a Discord server I'm at, it's not a real song but still

MP3

No Preview

Discord has been a great support for song writing, people said very helpful things and I felt like I wasn't alone the whole time when I was writing.
I like this one better. It's much more melodic. The other one has some good lyrics in the last two sections but sounds kind of flat.
Thanks, you're the first person to compliment my lyrics which I worked so hard to come up with.
I'm one of those people that listen to the lyrics as much as the music. I really liked:

I don't wanna sing about my lethal life vision
I have to keep in cage all my personal demons

Cause I don't want you getting close to my bleeding
You wouldn't expose your wounds before healing
cute, you should keep with the folk vibe you have going on. it sounds great.
I don't really know how to recognize different genres, are you just talking about this joke song or does it include the one in the OP when you say a "folk vibe" ? 
both of them.

i'd say it's more contemporary, singer/songwriter type stuff