Do you get things done ?

Do you make the fuckin thing happen or are you the type to spend your energy listing all the reasons why you can't ?

Bonus questions :

Do you think there are things that just can never be achieved no matter how much effort you put in them ? 

Do you think one should always try and do their best and never give up even if realistically there are few chances they will ever succeed and all signs point to that ?

Or should you accept your failure at some point and stop trying ?
Comments34
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
you should do your best regardless tho i don't practice what i preach. ever since i've left socal, i've not been given Adderall XR. Adderall XR makes you think and feel like normal people who go to pharmacy or medical school.
 Try within limitations and learn from my failures.
Depends on my mood. If I'm okay, I perhaps will make something happen, if I'm sad, I'll scrap everything and hope to fracture my skull the next time I bang my head on my desk.

1)Yes. A married bachelor for example. Or looking for a Bible verse that isn't full of sexism.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.
I have ADHD. Whether I get things on depends on how much I slept, what I ate, when I took a crap last, whether or not the neighbor three doors down sneezed recently... Basically, just roll some dice.
Knowing when to give up is a part of prioritizing. I get many things done but sometimes I balance the cost/benefit and determine some things are better left undone.
I am productively lazy.
At work, I made things happen all the time.

At home, I try to. And if I don't know how, I learn.

For me, there is one thing I feel I can't achieve regardless of my effort; finding someone to have a relationship with.

I say it is a case by case basis on what you are trying to achieve.
"there is one thing I feel I can't achieve regardless of my effort; finding someone to have a relationship with"

Why?

With today's technology you can certainly find someone. Whether you actually choose to, or put in the effort to, that's something else entirely. But you definitely could if you wanted to.
Technology can't compensate for personality.
I can't present myself as someone who is worth dating.
Trust me, I have tried.
"I can't present myself as someone who is worth dating."

I don't believe that. There are all sorts of dating apps you could use. Heck, there's even ones for farmers where you can post images of yer sexy cows. :stare:

Do not ask me how I know that. :paranoid:
My dating profiles always turn out like resumes.

I don't know how to be demure enough to attract someone.
In April, I thought "this time I'm going to do my taxes before May" (when it is supposed to be done and turned in). Yesterday, I got to it again, and now I think it's over half finished. Does this answer your question?

I call my lifestyle "positive giving-up".
There are three types of people in the world -

There are the people who make it happen.

There are the people who watch it happen.

And there are the people who say "what the fuck happened?"
Pretty sure we're all those 3 types of people in different situations. 
I dont dance
you know you can
not a chance
Yes, I get the things I want done.
No, lol.

I have English homework that I've basically just spent 2 hours staring at. I seem to have this mindset that if I stare at something long enough, it will magically complete itself. (Hasn't worked yet btw.)

1. Yes. I will never be an Olympic athlete. I will never be President of the United States. I will never be a supermodel. And I'm okay with all that :)

2. Yes, if they really care about it. It's their life, after all. If they don't want to stop, don't make them stop unless it's seriously hurting themselves/others. 
"I seem to have this mindset that if I stare at something long enough, it will magically complete itself."

Hmm, with learning, not doign anything is actually more useful than most people realize, there's a good balance to have tho, you can't JUST do nothing... but yeah, my learning process is usually fast and efficient because I use a lot of rest and doing absolutely nothing, if I can get my mind to stop thinking at all for a moment that's also very helpful. 
What I took from this is to STARE HARDER :stare: xD

No, but for real, that's really interesting. I guess that works for me too. Your ideology is similar to one of my teachers, haha. Just too bad that doesn't work with actual work, like writing and such
"not doign anything is actually more useful than most people realize"

lol what. Not doing anything isn't useful at all - hence the term "not doing anything".
For learning, it can. After you've read through something, or listen to a lecture, it helps me to just relax and do nothing. Subconsciously, my brain works out what I just learned, so that later when I have to work, I don't have to put effort into understanding it. I get what olq is saying. 

But for actual work, it's not that helpful :lol:
"my brain works out what I just learned"

Then it's not really "not doing anything". lol
I guess so. It's just not a conscious thing; I'm not actively thinking about it. Which is why it appears that I'm not doing anything, haha

To be fair, people are never really doing nothing. There's always so many things going on in our bodies. Our heads too. (Although, my family suspects that I have ADHD. So, my head is probably busier than the average person lol)