Core Membership...

Okay, so my Core membership ran out... I had the money in my account to be billed, but it didn't bill me. So I tried to buy a core membership, and it says I have "rebilling" and that I have to cancel "rebilling" before it will let me buy a new core membership, BUT... when i try to cancel it, it tells me that I don't have rebilling!

I am now locked out of buying a core membership!

WHAT THE HELL, DEVIANTART!?!?!?!??!
Comments16
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-
CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-CORE-
core is crap - core is crap - core is crap - core is crap - core is crap - core is crap - core is crap - core is crap - core is crap -   
I was billed last night for my Core membership... and everything has been fine... UNTIL... a few seconds ago, I just got an e-mail telling me my Core membership just ended!

I go to get online, my core membership is showing BEHIND the "renew your core membership!"... so I checked my bank, and yes, I did get charged for my Core membership last night... what the hell???

So I left the page, then came back, and it's fine again.
There's a delay of around 20 hours of cancelling rebelling....have to wait it out maybe?
I wanted it to re-bill me, and it did... so... a few seconds ago, I just got an e-mail telling me my Core membership just ended!

I go to get online, my core membership is showing BEHIND the "renew your core membership!"... so I checked my bank, and yes, I did get charged for my Core membership last night... what the hell???

So I left the page, then came back, and it's fine again.
Have you tried turning it off and on again? 
That worked, actually...

After my rant, I got an e-mail telling me it did the automatic billing (but not for what it was set at. It was set, originally, for 12 months... then said it wasn't set at all as I tried to get a three month... not it automatically billed me for three months... gaah...)

11 years... hosting devMeets, helping at Comic Con, went to the tenth anniversary... buying core memberships for a LOT of people... promoting deviantART... and this is the thanks I get?

Oy vey...

(now I'm just kvetching... it's what I do)
There was an error in your submission.
  • You already have a subscription with re-billing. Please cancel it first.

HOW!?!?! HOW THE FUCK DO I DO THAT WHEN YOUR FERKAKTA PROGRAM SAYS I DON'T HAVE THAT!?!?!?!?!

I mean, seriously... how hard do I have to throw money at dA before they take it????

Keeping in mind, I have been a Core member for 11 years, and have helped out with dA's tenth anniversary, and Comic Con... and yet, even using my credit card (and not PayPal) it's STILL refusing to allow me to get my Core membership back!

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN AUTOMATICALLY BILLED!!!!

What? Not enough nudes, is it?

FFS.
I have been here since 2005 ...my ex passed away in 2015 and several current and former senior members paid for 1 years core sub for me ....THEN, in December 2015  when that was expiring , DA tried to auto bill me and said i had no points or funds available so i wrote DA and a young green newbie at help desk said i could no longer COULD BE A FREE SUBSCRIBER   i said i had no money until January of 2016  as i am on fixed income , and that  NEWBIE ..  HD SAID I WOULD HAVE TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT ...which i balked and questioned and his reply came again...close the account ...so i did ....then 3 weeks later a SENIOR HD  member said I could have stayed on ass a free member  so i lost my  now  13 years  seniority  because of some asswipe in HD   who had no sympathy ....nor understood the rules ...I am surprised i even joined back up  and btw  in doing so   I had to create a new  gmail address to do it   and i lost all my google analytics on some 8 years history tracking   of my images    ...so you are not the only one  that has been royally screwed  by an unsympathetic , idiot   I was    Alembic-Lynx from Feb,06,2006 and briefly  before i changed names was  JET-SUN  since  summer 2005     all that history and  5 dozen journals on scientific  photography  ( worked in strobe lab at MIT )  and the GIGABYTE  10 inch  roll film camera  all lost  
Now these are real horror stories. Sure don't make me want to core-up anytime soon. Anybody else had or is having a bad billing experience. Post what happened and how it was resolved. I think this is important information. Thanks for the heads up and thread. Sorry you lost your seniority and photos Alembic Lynxx.
YEAP  thats what i am feeling too  ...but the adverts and annoying popups are absurd when you are non core 
Sheesh that sucks!

I'm not a very good listener when someone tells me to close my account... if they want it closed, they will close it.
Well it was in the motive time my life partner of 20 years had passed away two weeks after her 60th birthday and then they laid this shpeel on me, it was just too much to handle so I lost a lot of credibility because of some Nimrod who didn't even know page one of the deviantART rule book for helpdesk etiquette and protocol... Others have said similar that I should have just stayed but this guy made it sound so final that there is no free account anymore you can't be a free account you'll have to close your account that's exactly what he said
Well then... let me see what I have.