Closed to new replies
June 12
Link

Statistics

Replies: 108

What is it to be bipolar ?

:iconolq-plo:
olq-plo Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Can you explain it without big words because what I read so far gave me a headache and I don't understand the thing yet.

Do you have it ? What is it like ? How do you treat it ?

Is it a nasty thing like psychopathy ? 

Devious Comments

:iconresolutionblaze:
ResolutionBlaze Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Bipolar involves being either overwhelming happy in one moment, then overwhelmingly sad or upset the next moment; neither for any particular reason.  It's basically very unregulated shifts in mood that are almost instantaneous.
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
one of my personalities for sure has it, possibly more it's hard to tell anymore.  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_… it's basically you're happy one moment, possibly not the next moment you're not, this also includes depression states, moods of activity vs being lazy, it was previously known as manic, implying a wave of emotions and activity levels that the person can't always control on their own and they must simply control the best they can and/or with medication.
:iconpiggies-go-moo:
piggies-go-moo Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
"one of my personalities for sure has it"

You have a multiple personality disorder?
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
indeed, it's called DID or Dissociative identity disorder en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissocia… I was originally misdiagnosed by a doctor who didn't care but just wanted to toss out a label and then give me those pills.  those pills never helped, all because they were for the wrong mental illness.  thanks to some of those I have concerns taking them and some life long side effects. thankfully I found a therapist who was able to help and wasn't afraid to listen to the patients for a change instead of just listening and the other side just to give them their pills.  please stop being a PEZ folks, if you're in mental health studies or going into them, think before you subscribe.  listen, do some research and it could take a few sessions but goodness don't start out with the pills, since a large chunk of them have, by default, depression as a side effect.
:iconc-0-r-e:
C-0-R-E Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
It's you. :trollface:
:iconstardusttrooper:
StardustTrooper Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Student Digital Artist
It's like a mood swing, except it's every day and something you're not able to control. Extreme happiness to extreme sadness.

People like to throw the term around as an excuse for awful behavior, but dismiss it when someone actually *shows* that they're suffering from it.
:iconartjournal77:
ArtJournal77 Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Pretty good explanation
:iconartsy-alex:
Artsy-Alex Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
I think some people use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility. Can't go thru life thinking you can get away with doing bad things because of your mental illness.
:iconyellmosworld:
YellmosWorld Featured By Owner 5 days ago
MEANS HAVE TWO POLES.

YELLMO BIPOLAR, KEEPS TWO POLISH PEOPLE IN BASEMENT.
:iconcl0udzz:
CL0UDZZ Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Student Digital Artist
HOW DARE YUO OF KEEP POLISH PEOPLE IN BASEMENT IF YOU CALL ME MAMA ONE MORE TIME!  
IS SIMPLE, ONLY NEEDED DUCT TAPE AND SINEW FOR TYING UP.
:iconcl0udzz:
CL0UDZZ Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Student Digital Artist
KURWA :(
NO YELLMO KIDNAP UPPER CLASS POLES. POLE WHO SAY KURWA SAFE.
:icongreenteamelody:
GreenTeaMelody Featured By Owner 5 days ago
I was diagnosed with it recently. I don't really have serious mania, just more like periods in which I feel very confident and have the drive to do things. I don't do reckless things in that state but I do tend to idealize things and the future. The depressive episodes are terrible. It's like being suddenly hit with intense sorrow and despair even though nothing bad has actually happened. In that state I just want to die, have no desire to do anything and feel that everything is my fault. It's like there's no control over emotions. I've been treating it with medication and it's significantly been reduced to the point where it's hardly noticeable. At first I felt kind of numb and emotionless on the meds but then my body adjusted to them and now I feel 'normal' for the first time in forever. 
:iconnightsvallow:
nightsvallow Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
What do you take, if you don't mind me asking?
:iconwolflich:
Wolflich Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Bipolar II?
:iconpiggies-go-moo:
piggies-go-moo Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's awesome! :aww:
nightsvallow Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
I'm a type 2 bipolar person, which means I don't get very significant 'manic' phases, I more or less alternate between being normal (considerably confident, not very optimistic, but willing to try to achieve something) and episodes of depression. The swinging between both has been reduced somewhat by a certain medication that, apparently, not many doctors even know about - it's an off-label use.

Around the middle of last year I had a very bad phase when, even after the worst low was over, I decided to kill myself for good, just because I don't like my life, and I can't expect much from the future. Too many chances have been missed, and I'm too weak and too lazy to really get anywhere in life.

Since then, I have become more optimistic, and around new year I dared to make the prognosis that 2018 will be another year that I'm not going to die.

...I'm not making any promises though. Certain reasons oblige me to live for now, but once they are done, I'm free to make my own choice!

:) Apart from that, most of the time I'm fairly normal and at times even happy :)
Artsy-Alex Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
That's a good mind set.
I'm wondering which point in particular you mean that is 'good'?
Artsy-Alex Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Becoming optimistic, working hard, and not wanting to die.
:iconshesvii:
Shesvii Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm glad you feel happy and good most of the time!:iconsweethugplz:
With people like you around, the world doesn't look as ugly.
Shesvii Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm sure the songs of your daughter also help! =p
With people like you around, the world doesn't look as ugly.
Artsy-Alex Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Bipolar is used as an insult these days by teens. I have a friend who is bipolar. It's rough. She is hard to be around. I try to be a good friend, but it's hard. She doesnt have any psychosis.

I skimmed the drama, so don't know what happened. I don't know you except you ask a lot of questions about life stuff. That's OK.

You deactivated again. Sounds like you need a break from the drama. It doesn't help if your already emotional. Chill for a while.
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner 6 days ago   Writer
A mental disorder where a person swings from periods of extreme happiness (where they are incredibly excited, passionate and industrious) to states of extreme despair (sadness or anger, sometimes combined, experience debilitating self doubt or even hatred, don't feel motivated to do anything at all, and can get no work done). It's either all happy or all unhappy, people with this disorder are at the extremes of experiencing human emotion, nothing in between.

Some people have it to a lesser extent, and their bipolar doesn't affect them that much... in other cases it can be very severe and can impair normal every day functioning (in which case seeking treatment and/or medication is highly advisable).

That's the gist of it :shrug: (im no psychologist -- can't say much about treatment of this particular disorder -- but did a little research into it for some of my writing...) ^^; someone please correct me if im wrong :la: id love to learn more about the topic!
Shesvii Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
My grandmother is like that. Her episodes of extreme dispair are horrible. When we were kids we were afraod of her, she loved us very much but then she was angry at as and sad, she insulted us and made us cry.
It was very hard.
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner 5 days ago   Writer
:( was she diagnosed with BPD?
My friend's depression state is very scary. She's suicidal every time.
:( fuck...
:iconthegalleryofeve:
TheGalleryOfEve Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
Ohhh Plo!!! :iconflyingheartsplz::iconsweethugplz::iconflyingheartsplz: You're a human being who has emotions, there's nothing wrong with that, quite on the contrary, it means you're simply true to yourself and allow yourself to "feel"!!! :iconaawplz: There are lots of psychological terms floating around, bipolar is one of those terms; some people feel the need to use those terms as "insults", but being bipolar is something that makes the sufferer of it feel really bad, it's not something that the person can control, it's an affection, so when people use that as a tool for name-calling, makes me feel really angry, and in my eyes, makes them look pretty stupid ... imagine if they used other affections like "diabetes" for example, and they start referring to others as "diabetics", as if it was an insult, do you see how STUPID that sounds??? :omfg: So don't let those idiots bring you down, just keep in mind the fact that they're just that ---> IDIOTS :iconblankstareplz: And you keep being YOU!!! :love: With all your emotions and all the characteristics that make you the Plo we all like so much!!! :iconloveloveplz:

Sometimes, taking a little break until we feel a little stronger helps quite a lot :iconflyingheartsplz::iconsweethugplz::iconflyingheartsplz: I do that from time to time, whenever I announce my "hiatus", and I do that mainly because of that same thing :huggle: One time you asked us a question (I don't recall it right now), but my answer kinda revealed the fact that irl I'm cheerful yes, but I also DO have my low moments, and I get what I call "the blues" ... I remember you were surprised to read that because you thought that I'm a happy person 24/7, but if humans were always cheerful and happy, we would be robots, not really humans :giggle: So keep that in mind, and the next time you feel less than strong, just remember that you are HUMAN like US!!! :iconflyingheartsplz::love::iconflyingheartsplz: And you have all the right in the world to have feelings and mood changes, and if anybody doesn't like it, THEY CAN SIMPLY GO TO HELL!!! :iconflyingheartsplz::iconblowitallupplz::iconflyingheartsplz:
You're so sweet and understanding!
Awww thank you!!! :iconflyingheartsplz::iconsweethugplz::iconflyingheartsplz:
:icondandybandi:
DandyBandi Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Awww you're so sweet that really warmed my heart even though you weren't even talking to me 
Awwwwww!!! :iconflyingheartsplz::iconsweethugplz::iconflyingheartsplz: Thank youuuu!!! :huggle: I'm glad you felt my words, they come from the heart!!! :heart:
:iconinternetlawyer:
InternetLawyer Featured By Owner 6 days ago  New Deviant
This is a good explanation: youtu.be/3n6x7zWqoCM
:iconlady-xythis:
Lady-Xythis Featured By Owner 6 days ago
Having two poles.
:icondastyni:
Dastyni Featured By Owner 6 days ago
You.....

Should....

Ask....

A.....

Fucking.....

Psychiatrist.....

Not these morons.
are literally all people on this forum morons?
or is it just me?
Dastyni Featured By Owner 6 days ago
I’m beginning to think so!
oh hell
we're fucked
Dastyni Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Why does olq-plo keep leaving & coming back?
:iconshrugsplz: if only I knew...
Dastyni Featured By Owner 5 days ago
She’s an odd duck, that’s for sure.
Nope, not just you.
so we don't have anyone smert to show us de wey? :noes: we're doomed! :nuu: