Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login

Details

June 11
Link

Statistics

Replies: 258

Anyone else feel like many Deviants here can be rather snobby?

:iconartemisl17:
Artemisl17 Featured By Owner Jun 11, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
It's like... you can get the feeling that people here are not interested in communicating with any of their watchers, or anybody else for that matter at all. They're only interested in getting watchers, page views, and comments or whatever. And then if that isn't being fulfilled they are mad. But if it is, they are on radio silence. Anyone else feel this way? I don't know. Maybe it's just me and my specific experience with a couple people. Sad dummy :sad: Sad 

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:icondnh2031art:
DNH2031ART Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I definitely feel where you're coming from. I will say that I'm not one to respond to every single comment I get, as sometimes they're just things along the lines of ''cool art'' and ''nice drawing!''. While I do appreciate the love, such comments leave little room for interaction outside a simple ''thank you'' or any of its variants, and I'm honestly too lazy to reply that same thing over and over. However, when there is an opportunity to strike some small talk, I will usually take it. Of course, there's been times where I'm just not in the mood for talking and then forget to reply, but I do normally like to interact with those who take some time to write down insightful comments on my stuff.
Artemisl17 Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
That's all we can ask you for. :) I pick no bones with people for not wanting to repetitively comment on every single "cool art" they get. I only get irritated with the blatant snubs, and those aren't quite as numerous as I frustratedly exaggerated. I was just a bit upset on my friend's behalf, but it really isn't such a big deal honestly. I get where everyone else is coming from too with that.
:iconc-0-r-e:
C-0-R-E Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
I dunno about other people. Sometimes, you get enough watchers you just ignore the flood of comments. Other times, you feel like you have authority to be respected when you have high stats or a senior member ranking.
In a way, I feel I have become antisocial by being on a site like this, which is why I have been off for the most part, and have not bothered with even responding to responses from people. So many people that can take issue with you, others are just yapping idiots that have no doubt in their own views, and so on. Nameless digits for all I care now.
That's a fair point. I don't take issue with you for feeling as you do. If you see yourself becoming anti-social on this site then by all means, do what is best for you. It's not an issue I am overwhelmingly emotionally invested in. Mainly slightly irritated on behalf of circumstances I wish I could control to be more in my friend's favor. But alas, such as life.
:iconsilverchaim:
SilverChaim Featured By Owner 5 days ago
I don't have the time (or interest) for chatting ^^; But I answer to almost all the comments and notes I get.
Artemisl17 Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
At least you aren't a liar. I have a lot more respect for people who across the board admit they are not interested in you. Some people don't have the courtesy because they're out here kissing up to the big stars of DA and shunning the smaller ones as if they have the plague. That's not a good look.
:iconsilverchaim:
SilverChaim Featured By Owner 4 days ago
Yeah, I guess. Most people here are very nice though. It's just that I have things to do in real life too and many people here are a lot younger than me ^^; I would rather chat with people I already know.
And that's completely understandable. There's no problem with that. 
:iconfat-punisher:
Fat-Punisher Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I personally respond to every comment I get :D (Big Grin) 
Usually I just get one comment from my friend each time.
Nothing wrong with that. :)
:iconlizzychrome:
LizzyChrome Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
DA has been depressingly quiet for several years now. I miss when it was more lively, and when more people talked more. 
I sadly have only been around for 5 months, and only 2 weeks if we're talking about my activity.
:iconlizzychrome:
LizzyChrome Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
That's not sad. What's sad is that I've been a regular on this site for eleven years. 

Eleven years of forum whoring.

WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE. 
:iconshesvii:
Shesvii Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
OMG THAT'S DEPRESSING! :crying:
DA has seen you grow.
Enjoying art? 
:iconarayh:
arayh Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Hm, I'm pretty bad at entertaining my watchers, but I'm not really all that interested in getting watchers/page views/comments. I may appear to be on radio silence due to my inactivity on DA. Does this make me snobbish?
No, I wasn't referring to people like you really. I just had a friend have bad run-ins with several people on here and it kinda peeved me, haha. I didn't expect for this forum to suddenly blow up. XD
:iconmragrodolce:
MrAgrodolce Featured By Owner 5 days ago  New Deviant
Most definitely. It actually pretty sad, because I see how people operate on the Net as a "teaser" for how they actually are in real life. If that is what these people are like on the Net, I can only imagine how ridiculous they are in the real world. They likely either talk to people they deem "worthy" or don't talk to people at all, and that's no way to live, yet a lot of people live like that, especially these days, with the advent of smart-phones.

And that doesn't even get into artists who've managed to make a living out of it; long story short, next to none of them really care about communicating with anybody. They don't care about anybody and only see all this as a business, not a chance to communicate and know other people. And the sad thing with me is I see myself being the same way, the bigger I become with all this. If I get big enough to make money off of it, that is.
I like to think I wouldn't become like that, but who knows what they'll do for sure when faced with a situation they've never met before. 
They'll likely no nothing at all.
:iconwilliam5678:
william5678 Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
idk, i cant keep track of more then 5 people at once... prob cus im brain-ded half the time 
The struggle right? Alas, life continues. Haha :)
Brain-death's a pretty horrifing thing, you know.
:iconwilliam5678:
william5678 Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
luckily your not there to feel it :)
:iconyakkette:
yakkette Featured By Owner 5 days ago
I want to feel important!!!
They should talk to me!!!
In the case that you're making fun of me, don't bother. That's not how I meant it, and you don't need to be rude about it. It's not like I personally insulted you. 
I dont know who you are.
Well, what it sounded like was that you were trying to mimic me XD. I apologize for misunderstanding you.
If the shoe fits.
Never mind then. I guess you were insulting me. And that's fine. Just wanted to clarify if you meant it negatively or not.
I made a dig at myself.
You thought it was about you.
If the shoe fits.
Not really my fault it's occasionally hard to discern tone when you aren't speaking to me in person. Not like it's surprising when people on here insult me over a post I make they took the wrong way. My apologies for assuming incorrectly. But no, the shoe is not in my size. 
:icongpad:
GPAD Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Student Digital Artist
Short answer is that most have given up on meaningful communication.

As for the long answer, I can’t be bothered to write it up :V
MrAgrodolce Featured By Owner Edited 5 days ago  New Deviant
That's pretty bad, actually; communication is key to, well, everything. People wind up dead and full-blown wars can start because of little-to-no communication.
Haha, that's fair enough.
:iconstardusttrooper:
StardustTrooper Featured By Owner Edited 5 days ago  Student Digital Artist
Why choose to attempt to talk to people who show they don't want to upon the first meeting?

It's a waste of time to keep doing that unless they'll turn around and do the "I'm sorry" thing like in elementary school. They apologize, but don't show any remorse from their actions. More likely they won't, so stop talking to them and find something else!

That's how the internet is, find something else to do other than talking to brick walls! :dummy: You haven't been on the forums long enough to see how nasty some of the people can get with their troll accounts. :lol:
I don't see the point in being nasty, let alone having a troll account. To waste your own time, fucking with strangers instead of attempting to make something of your time, is absolutely horrible to me.

But some people are so lazy they choose to simply aspire to mediocrity, so I'm not surprised by that sort of thing anymore.
StardustTrooper Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Student Digital Artist
I'm guessing that you aspire to be a famous superstar. :dummy:
MrAgrodolce Featured By Owner 4 days ago  New Deviant
I've no interest in fame.
Alright. Just sayin, aiming for mediocrity's a strong phrase there, podner.
MrAgrodolce Featured By Owner 3 days ago  New Deviant
What're you aiming for, then?
Wasn't really so much that I attempted to talk to the same persona over and over again. But yeah, it is a waste of time. I won't worry as much about it anymore. Clearly, there's more supportive people than non-supportive anyhow. :)
Definitely don't worry about those kind of things. The older you get, the more people get concerned with their own responsibilities in their lives instead of wasting others' time.
:iconeidolon1:
Eidolon1 Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
I just ran into one.  She goes by the name of Digital Sailor.  She makes the perfect Troll and acts like a total Dork lashing out at anyone who disagrees with her.  What a Baby!
:iconascendencia:
Ascendencia Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I read that thread and two were tangoing. 
You will love this on.  Islam is takin over mah Europe.  
I've read that thread already. 'W'
Have you read all of her replies to the others, and looked over her comments on her own page?  I found them very interesting.
She's normally less bitchy. Right now she's having well *ahem* Girl issues
:iconshesvii:
Shesvii Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
DigitalSailor is a lovely peep! :iconmadnoesplz:
Add a Comment: