Saatchi Art

Hi Guys, I have a question about Saatchi Art, and selling original art there. I'm a huge fan of DA, but I wanted to join Saatchi to sell more originals via their website.
I set up a profile 4 years ago and ... it was empty till yesterday when I uploaded my first art for sale there.
My question is: is that a good idea to start publishing art on old empty profile, or it's better to set up a new one and then start selling art there?
Do you know any tips to advertise Saatchi shop with originals?
This is my profile: www.saatchiart.com/majawronska
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
One thing that I am curious about is the T&C.  If you try to sell on Saatchi can you still sell your artwork elsewhere or are you locking in to selling exclusively to Saatchi?
the guidelines while uploading the art says it's non-exclusive, but I haven't read the T&C yet
I suggest using the existing.
Search engines already have it in their history so your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for that page has already been established (started).
Once you start posting there and linking others to go there, your SEO will improve.
I think I will stay with the old account thanks for answering!
You fucking traitor.
Lol that made me laugh!  I really do hope that was a joke. 
haha yeah glad you realized that Sweating a little... 
Hello Maja, thanks for sharing this post with us. In fact, I suggest you can use the current account as long as you have one already because I don't see there will be a difference if you would like to create a new one.

The other part of your question, once you publish your artwork on Saatchi, they will provide some links that you can share your artwork through social media, it is like an announcement that you are selling your artwork with this amount of price... the display on social media looks good. + you need to be active, so you may upload everyday 1 artwork or as many as you like.

I wish for you all the best and more sells come to your way. 
Amro

Thank you for replying! I was wondering about the new one because I'm not sure if they have something similar to DA to welcome new members and give them some attention at the start. Are you familiar with their rules?
You are welcome. In fact, I have an account in Saatchi for almost 2 years. I would say it is like any art website and once I have uploaded my artworks at first time, there wasn't something special according to my personal experience. So I have decided to create my own store on my website at least I can see the traffic.

Really it needs some patients until you get the first sale..Your artworks really amazing and unique and I am sure there are many people looking for this kind of your art. There are some of my friends from DA uploading thier artworks and it works very well. 

I suggest you to try to upload some artworks this week on Saatchi based on the category, and once you reach the last step they will get a pop-up window that you can share your artwork on social media, all you have to do just click on which platform you are using such as Facebook, and all the details of your artwork will be automatically showing up with the details on your fan page and it looks really good.

Try this week and see how things goes. I really wish for you more success and if you feel that you would like to create new account, just feel free at anytime.
Ok, I follow your advise and I kept the old account, thank you!