What's your biggest pet peeve as an artist?

Overly-photoshopped portraits, giant watermarks, fake lens flairs, clients who want you to work for "exposure"...

What's something that really irritates you as an artist?

Angry
Comments303
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Overanalyzing my own artwork to the point that it takes hours upon hours redrawing one little mistake I've found. Then the whole thing gets redrawn. Lol.

I'm trying not to do it too much. I'd drive myself crazy otherwise.
When you give someone free art and upon every update they tell you to change something that because of your own personal art style, it’s near impossible to go back and change at that point. 

Also so when the change they want will look horrible, you tell them it’ll look bad, but they whine anyway so you do it. Then when you show it to them they say “you were right it’s bad” 😭
Being told artists don't contribute to society when they ACTUALLY do!
People who make art requests I find too disgusting...and I'm reluctantly giving you an example: Gmaster23 requesting I draw Ash Ketchum's mother from Pokémon shaving her hairy pussy.
Everytime my colored pencils break. DARN YOU PRISMACOLOR WHAT HAPPEN? THESE USED TO BE NICE PENCILS! 
Here, this is a months worth
Prismacolors by Creonalia  
I know how you feel my dude! My red erasable Prismacolor pencil breaks sometimes after I sharpen it...it gets, me upset sometimes.
They make eraseable ones?
Yeah they do, I think for all colors. I own red, blue , purple and yellow. You can order it on amazon
Mine would be when you get a good idea of what to make, and then being completely incapable of making what you had in mind despite how you try to approach it.
i have to be a perfectionist, it has really stop me from improving on my digital art skills
People who get pissed at new artists for “stealing their art style”. They’re learning, you need to leave them the hell alone so they can develop their own style! Of course give them tips and critique/criticism, but don’t be an asshole about it. I also hate people who call themselves art critiques who spread ignorance, saying that “oh it’s the internet they should get used to people saying bad things about their art”. That’s just an excuse for someone to be an asshole. Idk if your criticism is harsh, but don’t just tell them “lol your art sucks” then expect them to just accept that. I’ve been doing art for three years now, so I’m a bit better at responding to this stuff, but you get artists can’t! We need to give them support and help with necessary. Rant over :P
Le me: *Draws*

Le some random person: Hey, that's pretty cool!

Le me: Thanks

Le some random person: Can you draw me?

Le me: Stare 
When I make the sketch, it looks like it has potential. 

But when I start drawing the line art..... :no:
My pet-peeve would be people who are overprotective over their own art or those who preach what they don't sow.

I've met a number of people within the past 8 years who fit into this category, and when I see these people, I try not to approach them. There's no way I can communicate with them if they are going to be like that. Though, I try to have a moderate judgement when I come in contact with them for the first time.

It's not fair to judge someone without getting to know them first. ;)
realizing i am not really one
When I have an amazing image in my head and all that comes out on the screen when I try to draw it is a pile of shit. Sigh...
Too true Waaaah! Waaaah! Waaaah!

Imagination can be bigger than current talent :( 
Always the case for me. Some people complain they have art block but I personally have never had it. Just skill block :(
When you go to erase, and your hand slips causing the paper to crumple up. Let alone if the paper just rips, leaving a massive hole in your drawing.