April 14
Link

Statistics

Replies: 127

Manners

:iconchaseawaythedark:
chaseawaythedark Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Student Writer
Hopefully your parents taught you the importance of proper manners :nod:
so how good are your manners? Are you a polite person? If so, how often? If not, why not?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmillymew:
Millymew Featured By Owner Apr 16, 2018  Student Filmographer
I'm polite and smiling... except if people get on my nerves lol
:iconrhinehalt:
Rhinehalt Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2018  Hobbyist Photographer
In general I'm polite person, even when I'm totally having a very bad day and my own mood is horrible, I can still be nice to people. But if I don't like a person, I can and will be a happy "rude polite" to them. But most people I don't, don't like me either. So, it's even.

Cause right now, I want nothing more then to say some very choice words to the people I'm stuck living with right now, but I can't. So I just leave them completely alone, and they hate that. I can hear them talk about me from the upstairs, so I know what they think of me. But it's best to be polite and the better person, then let yourself fall to their level.
:iconjengajangle:
jengajangle Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
ya unless you piss me off
i'll probably be "nice" to you anyways but throw some dirty looks or snarky comments in the mix

being kind and polite is pretty uncommon where i live so i'll eventually get tired of it
:iconsinanticks:
Sinanticks Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yes, in person I always say thank you, you're welcome and excuse me. Netiquette doesn't make sense.
:iconsparrowhawk135:
SparrowHawk135 Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2018  Hobbyist Photographer
I don't really know how not to be polite sometimes :P
:iconsiegeharth:
Siegeharth Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
have some tea and BISKWIT! Sir Laze 
:iconchaseawaythedark:
chaseawaythedark Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2018  Student Writer
I love how this thread is in the Popular Threads column even though I haven't made a single reply
thanks guys :D
:icondown-flower:
Down-Flower Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I rebelled against being taught manners. I thought pleases and thank yous were for tools. I no longer think that, but I still have a hard time remembering to thank people.
:iconsilverheart-nine:
silverheart-nine Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Student General Artist
I'm a marshmallow :dummy: so I'm as polite as possible to the people around me.

I do like messing with my friends though :lol:
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018
It's shit. 
:icongpad:
GPAD Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Student Digital Artist
I'm fairly polite in social situations with strangers. However, I'm significantly less polite the closer a friend is to me ;p
:iconnazu-nyan:
nazu-nyan Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Artist
Pretty much everyone sees me as a goody two-shoes in real life. That doesn't mean I won't stand up for myself or mess with my friends a bit. xD
:iconproximasaur:
Proximasaur Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Um.. my manners... I have been working on them for at least 6 months when I started using Da, well half way through it. I have gotten better but I do forget to say stuff. But I do believe my manners were worse before then. 
But, I say You're Welcome and Thank you a lot here on DA XD 
:iconyatocommish:
yatocommish Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm pretty good mannered. But my attitude towards people depend on how they treat me, But hey, when they're rude and something happened to them, I still try to be kind and help them. I'm no monster. XD
:iconshuqxx:
ShuQxx Featured By Owner Edited Apr 14, 2018   General Artist
I was raised well. 

I do use profanity with my friends, and I'll fight pervs/creeps but that's about as "rude" as I'll get irl anyways :p
:iconmissingnospud:
MissingNoSpud Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Student General Artist
I'm real quiet at school because of social anxiety and selective mutism but I still thank people my own way with a little nod and smile.

But any sign of hostility can make me really nervous and I just become twice as aggressive. All manners are thrown outta the place and I'm ready to fuck shit up (or forgive if all conditions are met).

I'm like a human landmine. Be polite and don't touch my personal space, you're fine. Step on me and you'll regret it.
:iconjunk-heart:
Junk-Heart Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018
Uh when i'm in public nothing but please & thank you, prim & proper. Behind closed doors however I don't own pants & can out swear a sailor. :nod:
:icondimsun123:
dimsun123 Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
''Behind closed doors however I don't own pants''

You lose ownership of your pants whenever you close a door behind you? :O_o:
:iconjunk-heart:
Junk-Heart Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2018
Ownership? nah they just disappear. I think it has to with gravity or something, every time
I close my door they're just gone. That or I've serious ghost problems. :ohnoes:
:iconsmartyartsy1:
SmartyArtsy1 Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I believe that I have good manners. However, when I am around people, I tend to kinda freak out, so my manners may not show.....
:icontrufflestarot:
TrufflesTarot Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I was taught manners by saying thank you whenever I was given something and I’d always use please when I request something. I open the gate for anyone who is behind me at the supermarket. 
:iconficcoon:
Ficcoon Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I am very polite with the only exception of people I'm really shy around. I'm very polite to them, too, but I'm usually not loud enough for them to hear it.
:iconauthenticity11:
authenticity11 Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Photographer
the harsh up bringing that my father bestowed upon me made me very respectful to other parents. I think I had fairly good etiquette, you know, never asking for food, never complaining about anything, never being rude.

my dad did a good job of making me believe everything that authority told me and to always obey authority, his character is weak and spineless to this day.
:iconpearljelly:
PearlJelly Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018
i try to be polite 
if im out with my parents no matteer what i do it seems like there will be something for them to critique me on 
your parents sound like a pair of pussies, especially your dad.
:iconfat-punisher:
Fat-Punisher Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I like to be respectful and approachable to everyone.
I also give everyone the benefit of the doubt, no judging.
But any sign of disrespect and the gloves come off, I don't tolerate people trying to belittle me.
people who speak down to me or insult my intelligence are who I hate most.
I agree.
Though I hope you're not still sore about the banter we shared in another thread. Wink/Razz 
baby you're the one thats gonna be sore ;)
Maybe my hands will be sore when I slap the taste out of your mouth.
kinky, you just let me know when you've arrived at the Gold Coast and I'll handle the rest
Little boys aren't worth traveling for. You need to become a man first.
listen here patato pie if I become any more of a man my loins would probably rip a hole in space time but very well I'm willing to take such a risk for you, how do you propose I 'become a man'?
(1 Reply)
:iconmscreeptales:
MsCreeptales Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I feel like I am polite, most of the time
:iconartificialphantom:
ARTificialphanTOM Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I am quite uncouth.
:iconolq-plo:
olq-plo Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Hum I thank people a lot IRL, also I'll often let someone sit in public transports if there are no seats, other than that I don't say much, I don't go, out of my way saying good morning to neighbors or things like that, and when people try to engage in small talk I don't act too friendly so that they stop annoying me.
:iconlittleredripper:
LittleRedRipper Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My manners are good for the most part, I use them often  but there are times when I decide not to use them.
:iconikrines:
IKrines Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Could have better manners, I don't swear very often. Actually I have suprised people by it a couple of times.
Polite enough to hold a door for people.
:icondimsun123:
dimsun123 Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Eh, I mostly just try to avoid stepping on peoples toes, both figuratively and literally. lol

Like, for the most part I just keep to myself and try to stay out of the way.
:icon61021376:
61021376 Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018
Polite enough to keep my cools when people on the phone at work are assholes, but when it comes to traffic, I must admit I flipped a few birdies
:iconeta-carinae2001:
Eta-Carinae2001 Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018
My grandparents and other relatives taught me, plus some reading on my own. Parent's didn't teach me shit.

I'm fairly polite, I think. I hold doors open for people, for one thing (regardless of gender).
:iconkoushoku-jin:
Koushoku-jin Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
:icontf2sniperplz:   Of course, I'm a professional -- I have standards; I'm polite... quite efficient... and have a plan to kill everyone I meet~
:iconloveistoshare:
loveistoshare Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Student Photographer
My parents taught me everything I need to know on how to be good with other people.
:iconnathanlparker:
NathanLParker Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I live in the southeastern US. I'm often surprised when visitors or transplants from other parts of the country comment on how polite we are, because I feel manners in the region have declined dreadfully even in my lifetime. 

I'm also surprised when people reject politeness. I occasionally have people get all huffy when I call them "sir" or "ma'am". But, being raised to be polite, I do not respond, "Have it your way, shitass!" as that would be rude. 
:iconikrines:
IKrines Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Ma'am is really offgrid niceity.
Not in the South! For all our problems, we do have good manners, good music, and good eats.
:iconpiggies-go-moo:
piggies-go-moo Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Calling a woman "ma'am" instead of "miss" could be seen as an insult in a way I suppose - especially if that woman still fancies herself as being young or that woman is feeling that she's getting old and now you're confirming it for her.

I even remember when someone referred to my grandmother as a "senior citizen". That did not go over well despite the fact that she is well into being one. lol
Yeah, and I get that one. I'm more surprise by men. I've heard a few variations of, "Don't call me sir, that's my dad". Usually from scruffy old roughnecks and antique hippies.
:icontristypixie:
TristyPixie Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018   General Artist
I can be a bit too quiet and shy when in public, I usually smile at people and that's it. 

But then I swear/cuss in every sentence I speak. :XD:
:iconpiggies-go-moo:
piggies-go-moo Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Depends on the situation.

Many situations do require politeness and patience - which I was taught.

Other situations require a car battery hooked up to some guy's nut sack - which I may also have been taught. :paranoid:
Add a Comment: