Closed to new replies
March 8
Link

Statistics

Replies: 116

Boring Stuff

:icondevere:
deVere Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2018
What do you not care about because it's too boring?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondastyni:
Dastyni Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2018
Sports.
deVere Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2018
I totally agree (as do many in this thread, it appears)! :thumbsup:
:icondastyni:
Dastyni Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2018
Lol yea.

I’ve yet to meet many a jock round’ these parts.
:iconsmurfwaffe:
SmurfWaffe Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2018
Democrats 
:#1: :lol:
:iconlemiken7:
Lemiken7 Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2018  Professional General Artist
Waiting for the kettle to boil.
I once heard about a dude, who did something else while he waited, but it may be a rumor. :omg:
Hmm,

He continued writing his novel?

Or was it something completely different? 

:o 
I'm not sure, since I don't know him personally. I heard it from a friend.
Ah, a friend of a friend. ;)
Yeah, you never know with those people... :no:
:iconikrines:
IKrines Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Don't look at it, silly.
I'm too impatient.
I WANT MY TEA, NOW!
:iconikrines:
IKrines Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Remove the chalk from the kettle.
:icon61021376:
61021376 Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2018
Drama
As in movies and theatre, or people having private arguments in public?
What do you think?Llama 2!!!!!!  
No clue! :paranoid:
Well obviously it's movies, there's nothing interesting about them!
Nope, not a single one of them! :no:
:iconcorterri:
Corterri Featured By Owner Mar 19, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Celebrity "news". What a load of garbage. Who cares who had sex with who or got pregnant or whatever. There are so many other things to talk about and all you want to discuss is the lives of rich narcissists who don't care about you.
I totally agree - it beats me too, that surprisingly many people actually do seem to care. I think there are two categories of celeb followers:

1. Young people, who need idols.

2. People in lower social classes, who gave up on improving their lives and thus need some sort of escape (you know, the kind of people, who also count on winning the lottery one day).

In either case, the media of today certainly know how to sell dreams. Personally, I don't have time for that sort of shallow "entertainment".
:icontortive:
Tortive Featured By Owner Mar 19, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Boredom.
deVere Featured By Owner Mar 19, 2018
That's deep! :omg:
:icontortive:
Tortive Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
:nod:
:iconhonounokage:
HonouNoKage Featured By Owner Mar 19, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Celebrities, anything regarding cosmetics, people whining about relationship problems, sports, fandoms...  The list goes on and on, truly.
Those are "popular" boredoms in the art world, it seems! :D
:icondtkinetic:
DTKinetic Featured By Owner Mar 19, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
1) Fashion. :lol: My mom can go on for a whole hour talking about some shoes that she found in a catalog and how she was hoping to get them at 15% off, or a new fragrance that just got released at Bath & Body Works.
2) Mechanics. I get it. Your house fixtures break down or your car breaks down, and you're wise and skillful enough to fix it. Some people are passionate about it though, and I just don't care to hear about the process you went to replace a tire or fix the pipes in your house.
3) Sports. Don't get me wrong, I love a good game, and I'll discuss it. But blabbing about your favorite players, divisions, teams and statistics on a daily basis, making wagers on every single upcoming game and equating athletes to idols is borderline sickening to me.
4) Outdoor/country rural life. Just not my lifestyle.
4) Not "boring" per se, but since I'm talking about subjects that disinterest me in conversation.... Guns. News/political discussion is fine, but talking about gun culture and how much you enjoy going into your backyard or the range and shooting targets or hunting with assault rifles is more sickening to hear  than any of the above in my opinion.
1. I understand you as far as "fashion" is just about listening to what people would like to buy. As a phenomenon in itself, I find it quite interesting, though; just wrote an exam assignment about crossovers between art, crafts and design, illuminated through the fashion industry.
2+3. I totally agree! :lol: Especially #2 - I seriously have NO interest in a full report about the process of fixing something, I just want it to work.
4. Not my thing either. I'm urban oriented by nature (no pun), and should I - against expectations - require garden access, I'll spend a few days in the country cottage or the summer house. The irony is, that I really appreciate the opportunity, though I rarely use it.
5. I suppose most people have some sort of principal opinion about guns, but I'm glad I live in a country where it's not particularly relevant - that means I don't have to listen to all that constantly, nor am I making enemies should I ever share my own opinion.
:iconpostmorteum:
Postmorteum Featured By Owner Mar 14, 2018
Celebrity news, and makeup.

yawn

What about you?
Celebrity news/gossip or sport tops the list (I didn't bother to count). It's easy to find makeup boring if one looks stunning without it (so I agree with you there). :p

Me, I'm bored by almost anything and anyone. Ironically, the first that comes to mind is comedies; anything about which I'm expected to be amused bores me before it begins. Any kind of entertainment without depth tends to bore me as well - celebs, talent shows etc. - there must be some sort of substance beyond forced laughter to catch my attention.
:iconnemox7:
NemoX7 Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2018   Writer
Inane celebrity gossip or whatever some self-made celebrity did or did not do last week. Economy stuff bores me, same goes with politics. Anything to do with the Royal Family gets tedious especially when every small detail is commentated upon. 
I'm with you almost all the way; imo politics can be interesting, e.g. large-scale concerns, where everyone should almost be required to have at least some sort of opinion. The irony about economics is, that the ideal economy is a boring one - one, where you aren't troubled by too many worries. :-)
:iconallergic-pikachu:
Allergic-Pikachu Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Fighting in a pokémon battle, boriiing.
Never tried that. My Pokémon knowledge is limited - there's a little yellow one, I know. That's about it.
:iconvt2000:
vt2000 Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist Artist
Same stuff over and over again..
I suppose everything gets boring if repeated enough. :nod:
:iconalydreamer:
AlyDreamer Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Sports, economics, and alcohol
I agree on ## 1-2. Alcohol may not in itself be entertaining, but it can lead to some very interesting situations.
:iconoddlem:
Oddlem Featured By Owner Edited Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
-Fandoms
-Most sports
-when people talk about celebrities

...that's all I got. I'm very easily amused. ;w; 
Haha, easily amused - I envy you! :lol:

Well, you just picked the three (by far) most popular boredoms on the list. People in the art world seem to be very little into those subjects.
Oddlem Featured By Owner Mar 19, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Ahh, well I guess it makes sense. I remember when I was 12, me and my friends at the time would complain about celebrities and sports a lot. ;w; Maybe since we share a collective interest (which is art) that it tends to be such a common thing? 
I don't think it's unusual that people lean towards either arts or sports - celebrity gossip is for the third segment with no real interests (because no: The Kardashians doesn't count as a real interest, unless you're some sort of sociology student).
Oddlem Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Riiight, yeah you got a point. Plus, sitting around gossiping about someone who doesn't even know of your existence isn't the most exciting thing in the world to begin with. ;u;
deVere Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2018
...someone who doesn't even know of your existence... - and probably wouldn't care at all if they did. :D

You're right - there are much better things to spend time on!
:iconcalistamonkey:
calistamonkey Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Celebrity gossip chat and most sports.  Also economy talk and live feeds on political discussions... I just want to know the conclusions to those things - from what I've seen, they just sit and throw petty insults and make snarky comments for hours without solving anything.  I get enough of witnessing that in real life, without spending my free time watching it O_o

I'll casually watch a big match during the world cup, if there is an interesting combination, or the finals in Wimbledon if it's set up to be a good match, but I personally don't get how people can spend so much time watching updates on every. single. match. during a tournament.  I have a friend who's obsessed with tennis, and will sit for hours ignoring everyone else and looking at RSS feeds on his phone during ALL the tennis tournaments... and all he talks about is tennis during those times.  I find that boring.  But at least he's enjoying himself, I guess? 

Also people who get angry to the point of RAGE about nothing important, assumptions, or things that may never happen.  I find that incredibly boring.  It's just a waste of energy and life force.  Simmer down.
Celebrity gossip and sports are generally high on the list, it seems. When it comes to politics, I'd say that I personally would like the reasoning behind the results in some cases (but not the public fights with personal attacks - they're undignifying).

Enjoying himself, but boring everyone else - it's actually rude in the same way as when people are constantly answering their phones when you have appointments with them. I know many sports fanatics, only here, it tends to be soccer; they'd cancel anything for what would be considered a completely unimportant match to anyone else around them. At least they say so up front, though, and don't bore others with their "religion".

Hmm... Not sure I'd use the term "boring" about those angry people - probably "annoying". :D
:iconcalistamonkey:
calistamonkey Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Heh, yeah.  When it comes to politics, I'd rather just be able to skip to the parts where they actually talk about the reasoning behind certain things, rather than sit and watch an entire broadcast.  One of my friends is the sort who likes to watch entire broadcasts live, and I just can't sit for hours watching all the inevitable bickering. XD

It is so rude.  Yes, that is a huge pet hate of mine in general, the constant checking of phones, or even making phone calls in your presence.  I used to have a friend who did this constantly, to the point where I stopped meeting up with her it could be that bad (although there were other reasons, but that was seriously aggravating XD)  Obviously my company wasn't good enough for her, so I stopped wasting my time with her.

I would definitely use the word boring - once you've heard the same rants and raging anger over and over and over again... Seriously, we need to hear this again?  It is definitely also annoying the first few times, but eventually it just gets boring and I have to leave the room XD  (I guess I should have specified that I refer specifically in this case, to people who are chronically angry, and repeat themselves, and when those are people that you work with on a daily basis and have little escape from XD)

Ahhhh, it's good to get this stuff off my chest... XD Thanks for the opportunity!
:iconc-0-r-e:
C-0-R-E Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Listening to someone talk when I have to sit/stand there listening.
Add a Comment: