Tips on how to get more favs and watchers on DA

Hey, so I just want to ask, is it just like waiting till a deviation gets alot of favs and becomes a big hit? Or does it happen slowly and gradually? I'm guessing that alot of deviants get this spike on one of their deviations when they submit it recently, but is there anything else I can do to not just have it when I submit deviations?
Comments30
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
don't care about watches, gets lots of watches.  but there's submitting things, being active (everywhere), be controversial, state opinions, create things that tick people off or they find you a "familiar" don't be afraid to be yourself, but remember to stick within the confines of the rules, eventually there are consequences for any action.  also, llamas.  I've picked up so many watchers by the pictures I like to upload from time to time, journal entries I'm not certain about, but with llama action I feel I could be picking up some activity that way.  trust me, it's not being "kind, nice and flying under the radar", that doesn't happen on my end of the DA world.  it's either a love/hate there's really no in-between with how people see me, thus far within my reactions.  I know a lot of folks merely tolerate me...
Be a hot girl and post many selfies
Why does it even matter?
Your art won't get better if it is faved more.

But, well, you can always buy faves and watchers here - dahub.deviantart.com/
pretty much on dA you either have to be a pointless llama/fav spammer (which I personally dislike, because why fav someone's artwork when you don't actually care?  that's cruel ;-; ), have absolutely stunning art, be infamous, or draw a lot of fanart for a few particular series.  Or naked catgirls.  Works every time.
Yeah fav spamming is cruel :noes:

>Naked catgirls :lol:
Yeah, it works!! Doesn't it, Shikeyy?
:iconteheplz:
I wouldn't know, I am but an innocent muffin :ohnoes:
A muffin that bites you first!:iconimbiteplz:
Uploading photos of naked or near naked girls will probably do the trick.
thumbshare forum, artwhore everywhere else, trade llama badges, submit to groups, interact with other artists, participate in the forums, join discussions that you find interesting, start discussions, ask questions, comment on their art, favorite art you enjoy and leave a comment saying what you liked about it (this will help the artist and also help you improve your own art because you learn what you like to see in drawings), and try to find your niche -- a subject matter or a style you like to do, then make a lot of art in that style, concentrate your efforts on doing one thing and do it well (I know that sounds very formulaic, but people are more interested in an industry-style mass produced product than in genuine artistic expression), only submit your best art, upload regularly.

also either invest in a good scanner/camera if you're going to display traditional art, or good photo editing software to present your drawings well --> increase the contrast in your traditional drawings -- it can make a big difference if the thumbnail looks good. (you can get some photo editing software for free -- the open source software -- but don't try to pirate photoshop -- you'll only get malware)
Be active and fun,
Make art that interests many people,preferably fan art.

Other reliable methods:
Fave everything you see on browse.(tho you may get fake watchers)
Give everyone llamas!?
this is why I don't like daHub :lol:

people go there, buy watchers for their -- excuse my language -- shitty art, then complain they have inactive watchers :facepalm: it baffles the mind, honestly -- of course those people only watch you because you paid them to :giggle: (^^; 'you' used in the general sense here, not you particularly -- just all those morons who believe dahub watchers are 'genuine') and why should they be? most of those watchers are alt accounts that funnel monies back to the artist's main account... :paranoid:
Yeah, I've used dahub and that's how it works :noes:

Though some of the watchers I got there are pretty active and comment on my status updates and polls.

Also :iconlolexcitedplz: some of the watchers I've got normally are even less active than dahubs ones :stare:
eh :shrug: life is life :D some people are just too busy to check their inbox or quit dA :shrug: no judgement
I don't judge them :giggle:
Oh wow,never thought of the alt account cycle!Pretty scary indeed!
Fave and comment on other people's stuff. They're likely to reply, and maybe visit your gallery. Hope this helps.
Cat photos. A LOT of cat photos. Cats own the internet.
yeah :stare: I should upload more cats

Hi there by KaizenKitty
Sunbathing by KaizenKitty
Didn't work for me.