deactivated accounts?

Time was that when someone deactivated, their content went with them. If you did a search on their username, all you would find were images that were done FOR them or mentioned them or even journals written ABOUT them.  But you wouldn't find anything done BY the deactivated member.

But now when someone deactivates (or is banned), their content still comes up on a search on their name.  The images and journals still display but of course you can't comment.

Can anyone explain this?
Comments8
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
dA changed how it works in this aspect, problem solved
The content on the account isn't deleted immediately. There's a time limit of 30 days before their submissions are automatically purged, just in case the owner wants to reactivate their account.
But the content from a banned member's account still comes up.  Going by the dates on that content and what I've been told by other members, she was banned in 2014 or 2015. But her content going back to 2013 still comes up on a search on that account name. She later came back on another account and the line drawings from her previous account are similar enough to the line drawings on her current account to prove that they were done by the same person.
DA didn't always purge submissions from banned accounts, there's probably some remnants floating around from back when DA kept banned accounts submissions intact.
ur wrong and who cares
go do somethin productive
"She later came back on another account and the line drawings from her previous account are similar enough to the line drawings on her previous account to prove that they were done by the same person."

Are you trying to prove that a banned deviant has returned under a new account or something?
God I swear the keyboard on my iphone keeps glitching. Maybe I can actually finish this. I meant to write that the drawing from her previous account were similar enough to the drawings on her current account to prove they were done by the same person.