Do Freelance Content Creators (Freelance Artist) Get Legal Copyright For Your Own Products?

EDIT: Sorry I derped on the Thread Title. It's supposed to say "Do Freelance Content Creators (Freelance Artist) Get Legal Copyright For Their Products?". If any admins/moderators are looking here, may you please help me change the title appropriately? Ty

Usually I see Freelance Artists with their own Comic Series or Animation Series or etc., and they'll put a simple "'work' belongs to 'artist'", which people will see and knowledge-by-knowledge, will generally ask the original Content Creator for permission for certain actions (like reposting or editing, monetary deals/business, etc). But I was wondering, on the Legal Side Of Things, isn't there an official practice for getting Copyright for an IP (like what big name companies do), and if so, do Freelance Content Creators actually register for a Copyright for their own content, or do they just rely on the goodwill of people?

I appreciate all kinds of feedback, because this has been itching me for quite awhile. It's a topic so crucial for people who's lives rely on their work, but also something that seems to be done on a natural basis.
Comments1
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In