Patreon? I'm very disappointed..

Hello there!

I want to be a full-time artist that's why I made up a Patreon page. In the promotion videos, it all sounds so beautiful but how is it in reality? Well I've made a nice page in 2 days and guess what? Nothing! There is no system to get discovered inside the website! The hashtags that you use, guess what? You can't see them in public, it's simply hashtags for your own. Who the hell have 871239871239 posts so he needs hashtags for his personal page?... This is ridiculous. 
The idea of the website is to help artists go full-time! So can someone tell me please how can you go full-time without getting discovered?? That must be the most important thing on the website. Let's check reality! Oh wait, ye they have nothing to be discovered, literally nothing, no groups, no chats, no hashtags, nothing. 
Oh wait lets hit the button "Explore" hmmm what do we see? Only already successful artist getting featured in the categories. Hmmm so what's the point of the website? To get already successful artist getting more money? If you have an audience that wants to pay you for what you're doing you are already successful! You don't need Patreon for that! 
I thought it will help out new artists, but no. Patreon don't think like that.

Maby I don't get something so feel free to type down your opinion here!
Thank you for your attention!
Comments68
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Some Patreon artists will support you if you support them. That way, you can get higher up in the explore section. It'll cost you, though. But who ever said exposure was free?
Good advice! Thank you man.
Patreon is mostly for people who already have a following on some other site. I don't think it's supposed to be the primary platform for an artist.
 I wouldn't pay anything for my own crappy art, I sure as heck don't expect others to.  :lol:  As far as your angst with Patreon, I imagine what the others are saying is probably right, you have to promote yourself hard, like everywhere and mingle.  :shrug:  Art is such a subjective thing and who knows what will take off and get noticed and sell and what won't.  
You are completely right! But I was searching for some possibilities to promote it inside the website. I didn't found, people don't know much about it.
But uhank you for your reply anyway!
I think you're supposed to advertise it everywhere until everyone's fed up
Ye thank you man, I'm trying!
How many people have you utterly disgusted so far?
Honestly tho if you're the kinda person who tells people to kill themselves cuz they say something you don't like, you're more likely to have a following that wants to follow you for drama.
Ye I don't like extreme stupidity, people who trying to teach me things that I know my whole life and at the same time call me a moron.
Just side with some assholes here on the forums and they will follow you, watch you and fave your art even if it is pure crap. That's how it usually works. 
Ye I got it. But I don't want it that way haha. There is so much trash content here, and trash artists and that's supposed to be the best art community :( 
Dope fractals by the way men. 
Fractal community is really nice on DA, perhaps the only way to get some recognition without siding with assholes, lol.
would be nice for me if I was making fractals :D
but maybe you can suggest me some places where people do my kind of art? I don't know a lot of this platform but the 80% I see is crap manga drawings and drawings of crap manga with huge tits and penises drawn mostly by an 11 years old transgender who jerks off to manga animals with big genitals.
I honestly don't know, sorry.
View all replies
Because you are, sweet heart :heart:
how come you're not dead yet? Had to finish one of your crap creations? 
ye you better use memes then talk, they are way smarter than you.