Adblock the Adblock ad!

Tired of that obnoxious banner telling you to get rid of Adblock? Use Adblock to block it! Laughing my ass off! 
Just right click and go to Adblock > Block this Ad. A confirmation will come up, so make sure that you've blocked '< div id="block-notice">'.

Alternatively, go to Adblock's settings and manually edit your filters to include 'www.deviantart.com##DIV[id="block-notice"]'.
Comments25
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
uBlock Origin does the job for you :bucktooth:
It worked thanks mate
And if you want to block everywhere (YOURNAME.deviantart.com)
Even on personnal page you can directly add : ##DIV[id="block-notice"]
I'd be perfectly happy to disable adblock on here if dA was as good at blocking harmful/offensive ads as Gaia is. I don't adblock Gaia, cuz I've never had an unpleasant ad experience there, and the few ads that slip thru get removed very quickly. However, dA in the past has bombarded me with video ads that I can't pause, ditto for musical ads, plus a few virus laden ones which resulted in having to take my computer in for an expensive clean. So unless dA sort their ads out, I'm keeping Adblock on.
It doesn't pop up on my browser anymore. You Get a Visit from The Chocolate Man 
Its not the fact that there's ad's on websites. Its when theres a plethora of ad's and it blocks half of the screen that pisses me off and makes me turn on adblock's. Or even more annoying the ones that play audio... open 5 pics in new tabs and its audio hell. Until developers deal with those issues my adblocker stays enabled.
Precisely! I don't mind ads in the first place, but when they play video and audio, it drains my bandwidth allowance.
...Why are people just now noticing the anti-adblocker banners? Those have been around a really long time.
I don't know if it's been this exact one, but if not, it's because this adblocker banner takes up half the screen and pops up constantly. It's almost as annoying as the ads, which I'm guessing is the point.
Oooooh, that annoying little overlay. Got it. Yeah, that one's new. And, indeed, quite annoying! Like that new "this site uses cookies" banner everybody is adopting these days too. :stare:

I really wish deviantART would switch to Project Wonderful if they need to supplement CORE subscriptions and merchandise sales. They're probably the only ones I have whitelisted because I'm all the time finding neat stuff on their network.
There's also ad blocker blocker.
I wish I was kidding about that, but it really does exist :ohnoes:
Just use ublock origin and out jew the jews.
I already don't see ads. I'm not really sure what the rest of all of this is, but, it must be what happens after the store closes and all the contributing members have left the lights on without paying the keepers to keep the lunatics out of the public areas.
Trust me, if I could afford a CORE membership, I'd get one.
Well good luck with that, but, getting trust to work on the internet is like getting frying eggs to stick on a brand new Teflon pan.
YOU JUST GOT PRANKED, BRO!!!
The GEMA has blocked this video here in germany... :(
"protecting the rights of musicians" by censoring their music... :(
They just want to protect you from getting rickrolled Kylie got RICK ROLL'D 
View all replies