Can a nerd really strangle someone to death with his legs?

There was a reported case of a person being strangled by a nerd's legs in my local paper 2 weeks ago!

It is still under investigation, so not many details were released. The victim, a 17 year old male, was last seen at a Denny's with three nerds. He was found strangled in his car early the next morning. The coroner concluded from the bruising that he had been strangled between a set of thighs. He speculated that they were likely nerd thighs. It was front page of the "community" section of our local paper. 

The witness from Denny's described the three people he was with as looking like they were in the chess club. 

He was on the varsity basketball team. He didn't start, but he had a good looking girlfriend. If this is true I feel bad for her.
Imagine her having to explain her boyfriend's death at the funeral.

Its assumed the two other 'nerds' held the victim down, so he could not move his arms, while the other one went to suffocate the victim with his legs across his neck . I found it really hard to believe, nerds aren't strong.
Comments51
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
What's up with the whole nerd thighs craze? Stop it already! :stare:
news story few weeks ago
And yes, it is possible for a weak-bodied person to strangle someone wth their thighs. Legs are much stronger than arms, and the neck is a vulnerable place.

I could one-hit-kill someone by punching them right in the throat. :p
but, could a nerd be able to keep squeezing tight for 5+ minutes ?
Why 5 minutes?

And yes, if they use their weight instead of their muscles.
it takes about 5 minutes to suffocate
and i dont see how you can use your weight to leg strangle someone
Use your imagination. :B
I call bullshit on this story, but yes, pretty much anyone can strangle someone with their thighs. The coroner can't conclude that thighs killed him. It would have to be ruled as asphyxiation after a lengthy autopsy, and the specific method of strangulation can't be determined unless marks left by cords, ropes, etc. are found around the neck. Saying a nerd did it is considered libel and false accusation. No journalist would be stupid enough to write that. They would be fired
is it plausible a nerd can do this?
strangulation with thighs would look different. the coroner concluded that from the pattern of bruising. 
fingers leave little circles on the neck
thighs would leave two big bruises both sides of the neck.
Didn't you make a topic about this like 5 other times?
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.. :paranoid:
Somehow i find this hard to believe this was a real article. 
Ive taken a few classes that deal with journalism for one. Unless if you completely worded it all differently then sure- otherwise no. 
Unless of course you got fooled by a satirical news outlet

list the things that make you doubt this story.........
If i did that then i would list every single one of your sentences. Do a better job next time. 
I read this in the paper I just summarized it I didnt copy it word for word.
list the things that make you doubt this story.
lol what the fuck did I just read. xD
Okay well depends how you define a nerd. If you have to not be strong to fit into the category of 'nerd', then no probably not. But if 'nerd' just means smart person, then you'd be surprised how many sporty ones are out there. Depends on country of course.
the witness described the nerds like the nerds out of revenge of the nerds
lol huh … well maybe they're stronger than they look. I know a  lot of people like that too.
Yup, I did martial arts for ten years. I know how to strangle or choke someone with a very small amount of effort. Stopping the blood circulation to the brain only needs a small amount of force for a small amount of time. Choking someone just needs force on the wind pipe.

The anatomy of the neck is extremely weak and has no protection. 
he said there was a lot of bruising on the neck as well.